PDA

View Full Version : 43 y.o. Film Director Having Baby with 19 y.o. Actor

Pages : 1 [2] 3

BigB08822
04-30-2010, 11:02 PM
I'm sorry but, what the hell is Kick Ass? :shuffle:

Kick Ass (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1250777/)

oleada
04-30-2010, 11:11 PM
I'm not sexist; I think it's gross either way. :shuffle:

WindSpirit
04-30-2010, 11:27 PM
I'm not sexist; I think it's gross either way. :shuffle: Why is it gross?

orbitz
05-01-2010, 01:20 AM
Because the young guy has to deal with a wrinkled, sagging Va-Jay-jay ?

PrincessLeppard
05-01-2010, 01:33 AM

At 43? I don't think so.

Rex
05-01-2010, 03:04 AM
She's right - it would barely be noteworthy if their genders were reversed. Mena Suvari (of American Beauty) married cinematographer Robert Brinkman when she was 20 and he was 38 - it made a brief ripple in the news but not much.

It makes me a bit squirmy when the age difference is that great, regardless of the gender. I feel the same way about Catherine Zeta-Jones and Michael Douglas too.

And yes, when I was 27, I dated someone who was in their mid-fifties. It didn't last.

Karina1974
05-01-2010, 03:52 AM
Oh my....
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20364364,00.html

And she has a 13 year old daughter from a previous relationship....I can't imagine being 13 and having a 19 year old stepdad.

Can't be any wierder than being 19 and having a 69-year-old father like a girl I know. His oldest kid is pushing 50, so she has a brother who is old enough to be her father, and a father old enough to be her grandfather.

Buzz
05-01-2010, 04:01 AM
I think since the father of the baby is still a teenager, that relationship is just borderline pediophilia. Now if he was 25 and she 45 or something like that then it would be ok but exactly when did that relationship start? Reminds me of Woody Allen... :slinkaway

michiruwater
05-01-2010, 04:34 AM
Can't be any wierder than being 19 and having a 69-year-old father like a girl I know. His oldest kid is pushing 50, so she has a brother who is old enough to be her father, and a father old enough to be her grandfather.

This is me, almost exactly. My father is 67, my half-brother is late 40s. I am almost 21. I have the coolest, most amazing, most wonderful father in the entire planet, and it has never for a moment been 'weird'. If someone takes issue with it, or the large age difference my parents had when they were married, I chalk it up to ignorance on their part and move on. And that's it.

WindSpirit
05-01-2010, 06:47 AM
Because the young guy has to deal with a wrinkled, sagging Va-Jay-jay ? I take it you don't have much experience with "va-jay-jays"? Maybe that's why you managed to be both sexist and ageist at the same time. Yay for you.

Btw, what exactly is that silly euphemism of? If of a vagina, vaginas are hollow tubes inside the body, they're wrinkled by design and for very good reasons.

I think since the father of the baby is still a teenager, that relationship is just borderline pediophilia. Pedophilia is an attraction to pre-pubescent children. It's not even close to pedophilia.

Personally I'm pretty sure the relationship won't last and they are quite selfish for bringing a child to this world in their situation, but when I see comments like that, I think more power to them. Men do it all the time and hardly anyone bats an eye. It's one thing to say it's inappropriate, irresponsible, selfish, etc. than come up with sexual organs being wrinkled (at 43? live and learn)...and pedophilia? :rolleyes:

essence_of_soy
05-01-2010, 11:41 AM

Not necessarily.

Here's Tracy Ullman's spin on the nether regions. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qKABSHfw-E&feature=related)

MOIJTO
05-01-2010, 01:35 PM
At 43? I don't think so.

Certainly not, mine is almost 51 things work far better now than when I was young! ;) My husband and I have had a few conversations about sex when we are older, I suppose it will change at some point, but men are good till their 70's...no?

Rex
05-01-2010, 02:35 PM
They are both at or nearing their sexual peaks right now too. Men bloom (and burn out) earlier than women.

orbitz
05-01-2010, 03:25 PM
I take it you don't have much experience with "va-jay-jays"? Maybe that's why you managed to be both sexist and ageist at the same time. Yay for you.

Gee, have you even once considered that it made as a joke? Obviously not.

WindSpirit
05-01-2010, 04:07 PM
Gee, have you even once considered that it made as a joke? Obviously not. Oh yeah, sorry. Then it's very funny. Not.