View Full Version : Racheal Flatt Goes to the Prom

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

iarispiralllyof
05-01-2010, 01:12 AM
Was that English?

I love you

silverstars
05-01-2010, 02:22 AM
She looks gorgeous!!! The dress is beautiful, and the side-bangs are a good look for her--they really flatter her face.

Isn't it early for prom season?

LilJen
05-01-2010, 02:38 AM
NO, NO, NO to the empire waist idea. That would just make it look like she was fat again. Something that goes out to her shoulders (see the wide-set straps on her prom gown? perfect) and has a fuller skirt, but cut slim and fitted between the shoulders and hips (princess seams) that ACCENTUATES her figure and lengthens it (no more strapless, Rachael! makes you look really short and wide!) and shows us that, yes, she does in fact have a waist.

icedance21
05-01-2010, 06:55 AM
Wow, Rachael looks great. Love the hairdo.

MikiAndoFan#1
05-01-2010, 02:39 PM
She looks so pretty!

:swoon:

Theatregirl1122
05-01-2010, 03:44 PM

Not at all. Not all proms can be held at the same time because there are limited venues and vendors. Not to mention the fact that people may have dates from other schools. They tend to be staggered so some are earlier and some later. I also depends when you finish school. Some schools also release seniors early which would mean that they have to have an earlier senior prom. At least, that is what happens in my area. My Junior prom, for example, was in March and senior prom was mid may.

madm
05-01-2010, 05:00 PM

Public high schools in Colorado start the 3rd week of August and they get out the 3rd week of May. That's why prom season is mid-April to early May. Schools stagger their proms in various cities so that they don't all happen at once, which is a relief for the police depts., restaurants, and other merchants. I've noticed that my relatives on the two coasts don't get out of school until early to mid June, but they start school after Labor Day.

The Colorado colleges follow the same schedule, so all public schools are in sync. Most are on the semester system, which allows them enough time to get in 15 weeks of study and finish finals before Christmas. And getting out in late May allows students to get a head start on getting summer jobs.

bobalina77
05-01-2010, 05:16 PM
NO, NO, NO to the empire waist idea. That would just make it look like she was fat again. Something that goes out to her shoulders (see the wide-set straps on her prom gown? perfect) and has a fuller skirt, but cut slim and fitted between the shoulders and hips (princess seams) that ACCENTUATES her figure and lengthens it (no more strapless, Rachael! makes you look really short and wide!) and shows us that, yes, she does in fact have a waist.

This is exactly what Stacey and Clinton would say :lol: That dress does look fabulous on her and whoever makes her skating dresses should take note.

invierno
05-01-2010, 08:38 PM
Gosh! She looks fabulous! Actually that is the best photo of her that I've seen so far.:D Maybe it's the hairdo? Anyway very charming.

kwanfan1818
05-02-2010, 06:15 AM
She looks beautiful!

MOIJTO
05-02-2010, 01:18 PM
Pretty dress and pretty color on her, why are not her skating costumes that nice?

VIETgrlTerifa
05-02-2010, 02:09 PM
It doesn't matter what Rachel Flatt wears on ice, people will find any reason to talk about how unflattering her outfit is or how unappealing they find her skating.

RockTheTassel
05-02-2010, 04:29 PM
It doesn't matter what Rachel Flatt wears on ice, people will find any reason to talk about how unflattering her outfit is or how unappealing they find her skating.

I know it can be harsh, but this is figure skating. People are going to criticize everything, including appearance and presence on the ice. Overall, I think everyone on here is pretty fair when speaking about Rachael. Most people acknowledge that she's a bright girl and compliment her work ethic, but simply don't care for her skating. Nothing wrong with that.

Personally, I feel that Rachael is underrated, especially with her artistry. She has more personality in her programs than many of the other skaters, imo.

VIETgrlTerifa
05-02-2010, 08:41 PM
I know it can be harsh, but this is figure skating. People are going to criticize everything, including appearance and presence on the ice.

I've been in the skating fandom culture long enough to know that, but thanks for taking the time to explain it to me.

Overall, I think everyone on here is pretty fair when speaking about Rachael. Most people acknowledge that she's a bright girl and compliment her work ethic, but simply don't care for her skating. Nothing wrong with that.

Maybe you've missed some of the very nasty comments directed at her post-Nationals leading up to the Olympics. And just because people acknowledge some of her bright spots doesn't mean they can't also be a big nasty when it comes to their snark regarding Rachael. Not to say I'm not guilty of the same thing either, but just saying that it's not as if bashing Rachael Flatt's looks, etc. will cause any uproar around here.

RD
05-02-2010, 09:52 PM
Maybe you've missed some of the very nasty comments directed at her post-Nationals leading up to the Olympics. And just because people acknowledge some of her bright spots doesn't mean they can't also be a big nasty when it comes to their snark regarding Rachael. Not to say I'm not guilty of the same thing either, but just saying that it's not as if bashing Rachael Flatt's looks, etc. will cause any uproar around here.

I've seen a few "isolated incidents" here and there (mostly from those who felt Nagasu was "robbed" of the title) but I don't recall any comments quite at the scale that, say, Emily Hughes got in recent years. Then again, I didn't have access to the closed forums here so who knows what went on in there during Olys, etc.

Skaters like Hughes, Flatt, et al. seem to be subject to more flack than the norm due to their "unconventional" skating styles and bodies (i.e. not ballerina-like, not stick-thin), I notice. Of course, that's not the ONLY reason people rip on certain skaters but I think that's a big part of it. (Attitude being another big one.) Criticizing style of skating is one thing, but I notice it frequently gets personal.

But another factor on the forums is basher:defender ratio. And it will be different for each skater and each forum. If it's 1:1 or 2:2 things sorta cancel out. But if it's 2:1 or 3:1 it basically gives the impression that open season has been declared on that skater since it appears no one is standing up for her. This, I take it, is what's meant by "it's not as if bashing Rachael Flatt's looks, etc. will cause any uproar around here." B : D ratio for Rachel (on FSU) is skewed. I do notice though that in recent months posters are (finally) rising to Hughes' defense. Haven't seen too much of that for Rachel Flatt though. It also works the other way too (ha!)- I'm reminded of how people vigorously defended Meissner when some unfavorable article was written about her.