05-03-2010, 07:19 PM
The Kween on the Kim : Wow !
I loved it !

Jo Ann
05-03-2010, 10:19 PM
Yes, the Kween rocks and so does Kim. I am happy for both of them! :cool:

piano18
05-03-2010, 10:32 PM
Everyone's more eloquent in writing than speech, ie. Miss Teen South Carolina!!

Both ladies are great assets to figure skating; Kwan is the perfect one to write this up, and I really enjoyed reading it.

eyh201
05-04-2010, 02:51 AM
Yuna left for New York to attend the Time's 100 Most Influential People in the World Gala.

Wait and see lots of pics! :)

shallwedansu
05-04-2010, 02:54 AM
ETA eyh201 beat me to it! :)

Have fun, Yuna! :cheer: It'd be pretty sweet if Michelle were her date to the party! :lol: :40beers:

piano18
05-04-2010, 03:03 AM
Have fun, Yuna! :cheer: It'd be pretty sweet if Michelle were her date to the party! :lol: :40beers:

:smokin::hat1::smokin::smokin:

kittyjake5
05-04-2010, 12:32 PM
Kween Kwan praising and complementing Queen YuNa, how refreshing. :cool:

Simone411
05-04-2010, 01:00 PM
While I believe the feelings and thoughts reflected in the quote are sincere, I'd bet 25 bucks that the quote was written or highly edited by someone other than MK. She's a smart and I'm sure deep-thinking woman, but there is nothing I've ever heard her say that leads me to believe she can be that eloquent without a lot of help.

ummm, information about Michelle Kwan isn't that hard to find. Here's how to do it; Youtube and Google Search are a couple of ways in case you don't know since there apparently seems to be nothing eloquent you've ever heard her say. There are several ways to obtain information about her bio and accomplishments throughout her life. Just use your mouse and "click".

Iceman
05-04-2010, 05:34 PM
To say that Kim's performances at Vacouver "changed the face of figure skating forever" is a little bit OTT. How did those performances changed figure skating?

I throughly agree and the skate was not inspiring imo. Kim has received some excessive scores this season and she is much overpraised imo. She has a ways to go to be included among the "greats".

cruisin
05-04-2010, 05:49 PM
I don't get all of the fuss over Michelle's statements. The surprised reaction to her eloquence suggests that some people must think she's illiterate. I read the quotes a few times, they are eloquent, supportive of a fellow skater, and classy. None of that is or has ever been beyond Michelle's ability. She didn't write a Pulizer Prize winning novel, she wrote a heartfelt article about Kim. And, I'm saying that in a supportive way, give her a break. She is that bright (+brighter) and she is that nice (+nicer). Sheesh!

UGG
05-04-2010, 11:45 PM
LMAO. Michelle cannot catch a break I swear.

dst7star
05-05-2010, 12:29 AM
Fortunately Michelle makes her own breaks. She has become quite adept at making lemonade from lemons.

With the 100+ page papers she has to write now, a snippet of praise and encouragement for a skater she admires is a piece of cake, so no need to doubt Michelle's ability to express herself.

Maybe she will attend the gala. Then we can read all about her horrible taste in gowns. If not, the cap, gown and hood she will wear when she receives her honorary doctorate will have to suffice.

shallwedansu
05-05-2010, 01:41 AM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/09Nra6UeHK1uN/x610.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/01x3ak612Z9CU/x610.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/05Zz7urd1z3ne/x610.jpg

CakeBread
05-09-2010, 07:46 PM
I throughly agree and the skate was not inspiring imo. Kim has received some excessive scores this season and she is much overpraised imo. She has a ways to go to be included among the "greats".

that is little sad to hear. her performance at the olympics was remarkable and refreshing yet you didn't catch that. those "greats" have praised her performance that includes Kwan, Yamaguchi, Witt, Flemm,,,,,,