PDA

View Full Version : Who is in charge here?? USFSA take charge!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

icedance21
05-01-2010, 06:35 AM
Orangina 1 : Tranny 0
:rofl: Love the nicknames. :rofl:

Jaana
05-01-2010, 08:26 AM
I can't say what's legal or illegal, but if Johnny is the ONLY Olympic skater not invited to SOI, that's just plain wrong.

Why should that be wrong? It is not a question of what is legal or illegal, because as a private company SOI has no obligation at all to hire every Olympic skater:D.

museksk8r
05-01-2010, 11:34 AM
It's a free country...free marketplace...each can and should be able to do what they want. Who cares about the sniping?

On second thought, it was a free country...Obama is making me wonder...but that's another board.

Are you suggesting we were a "free country" under Bush? That's BIG NEWS to me, but you're right about one thing - that's for another board! ;)

Why should that be wrong? It is not a question of what is legal or illegal, because as a private company SOI has no obligation at all to hire every Olympic skater:D.

Maybe not, but when you as the organization choose to hire all but ONE of the US Olympic skaters from the recent Vancouver Games, you shouldn't be surprised when you are called out on your very noticeable omission and questioned on why such an exception exists. If the skeptics out there questioning why this is a big deal would put themselves in Johnny or Patti Weir's shoes, then wouldn't you too question why you/your family member was excluded and why that choice was made by Smuckers?

judiz
05-01-2010, 12:48 PM
and then there was that memorable fall at '06 Worlds where he stayed down on the ice for an extended pause before getting up and giving up on the rest of the program. .

I suggest you rewatch the video from the '06 Worlds and see how much pain Johnny was in at the end of the program. He stayed on the ice after the fall due to severe back spasms. Of course if it was Evan on the ice, all we would had heard from the announcers was how brave Evan was to skate with such severe back pains. Instead we got Peter Carruthers saying all Johnny needed was to go shopping.

museksk8r
05-01-2010, 01:09 PM
I suggest you rewatch the video from the '06 Worlds and see how much pain Johnny was in at the end of the program. He stayed on the ice after the fall due to severe back spasms. Of course if it was Evan on the ice, all we would had heard from the announcers was how brave Evan was to skate with such severe back pains. Instead we got Peter Carruthers saying all Johnny needed was to go shopping.

Exactly! Evan has always been the recipient of a thoroughly loving tongue bath from every US commentator in existence to the point of obnoxiousness.
Even when he performed rather disappointingly at the 2007 Worlds, he was forgiven immediately. He has always been the US media's favored golden boy, no matter what. For once, I'd like to hear one of our commentators examine his programs objectively and point out what he could improve on because I see many things about his skating he could work on.

rfisher
05-01-2010, 01:51 PM
Johnny, Johnny, Johnny hummed to the tune of Marsha, Marsha, Marsha.

Ziggy
05-01-2010, 04:55 PM
It's a free country...free marketplace...each can and should be able to do what they want. Who cares about the sniping?

On second thought, it was a free country...Obama is making me wonder...but that's another board.

Are you suggesting we were a "free country" under Bush? That's BIG NEWS to me, but you're right about one thing - that's for another board! ;)

Well actually there is a political forum here on FSU. :P

aymkjb88
05-01-2010, 06:07 PM
Just read more nasty remarks of J Weir attacking Evan's integrety, which is 100X worse than Evan's "not good enough" and "whiner" comments on him. He's getting way too personal and desperate into this "war" and is crossing the line too far. If he already admit he doesn't know Evan and knows nothing about him as a person or his personal life, all his rediculous bashing becomes totally pointless. Enough is enough!

Kudos to Evan for moving on from this crap with a much more mature, classy and positive attitude. Well done Team Lysacek!

Jaana
05-01-2010, 06:19 PM

Maybe Weir (& his fans) should ask himself why a commentator was so much against him? I very much doubt that it happened without a very good reason.

jlai
05-01-2010, 06:34 PM
This thread is now becoming Weir thread#2. I think there's already one in Great Skate Debate, no?

We need to put all the songs we've been singing into a Johnny album.

Johnny, can't you come out to skate with your empty programs?

And this:
What you doin' on my back, aah?
What you doin' on my back, aah?
You should be dancing, yeah
Dancing, yeah

museksk8r
05-01-2010, 07:09 PM
Maybe Evan could write a song about begging Johnny how to teach him to do a correct 3Axel 'cause lawd knows his sucks donkey balls. :P

Oh, dear Johnny
woe me, there is irony
for I was crowned the best
when my wretched 3Axel should be laid to rest

I am judged among the elite
though my weak jump tecknik is worth shite ( ;) )
all the crowds they roar
I am nothing but a slore :lol:
The arena echoes "TO HECK, WITH LYSACEK!"

igniculus
05-01-2010, 08:17 PM
Maybe Weir (& his fans) should ask himself why a commentator was so much against him? I very much doubt that it happened without a very good reason.

A commentator's job is to commentate an event. Not to mock an injured athlete.

aymkjb88
05-01-2010, 08:45 PM
This has turned all the Johnny uber's whining about "why no Weir in SOI" into a joke:

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2010/04/30/skater-johnny-weir-on-fashion-rivals-and-lady-gaga/

"I wouldn’t participate in “Stars on Ice” if I were asked. I find it an amateurish tour in a way, the production quality. That’s why I’m trying to do my own show and do something new."

And I hope he could stop talking about Evan. :angryfire It shows nothing but his bad sportsmanship and jealousy. :wall:

RIskatingfan
05-01-2010, 08:46 PM
If he keeps this up, I doubt Johnny will ever have sponsors - let alone skaters - to do a successful tour or show.
Maybe Evan could write a song about begging Johnny how to teach him to do a correct 3Axel 'cause lawd knows his sucks donkey balls. :P Last time I checked, unlike others, Evan's axel was good enough to win him an OGM ;)

igniculus
05-01-2010, 08:49 PM
How I grew up, how I got into figure skating, how growing up in a small part of Pennsylvania affected me, going through life, my parents, my relationship, my life and losing my virginity, lots of things.

Do we really need to know that? :eek: :scream: :duh: :wall:

USFSA, take charge! ;)