PDA

View Full Version : Who is in charge here?? USFSA take charge!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

VALuvsMKwan
04-30-2010, 11:03 AM
But here's the most important question of all...

What would Evan Lysacek do? ;)

rfisher
04-30-2010, 11:14 AM
But here's the most important question of all...

What would Evan Lysacek do? ;)

He keeps on dancing.
He's a dance, dance, dance, dance, dancing machine
Watch him get down, watch him get down
As he do, do, do his thing
Right on the scene

itsartemis
04-30-2010, 01:03 PM
If I hadn't read a post very similar to this on Livejournal, I for sure would have thought the thread starter was being ironic all the way through. I rarely venture into the Trash can, but love finding stuff like this. :rofl:

Polymer Bob
04-30-2010, 01:17 PM
I can't say what's legal or illegal, but if Johnny is the ONLY Olympic skater not invited to SOI, that's just plain wrong.

museksk8r
04-30-2010, 01:21 PM
However, all season long, you can look at Abbott's scores and see that the judges were giving him high scoring potential before Vancouver where Abbott beat Weir during phases of the competition but not overall.

The only exception is, of course, Nationals in which it was clear that Jeremy's Nationals performance would've easily beaten Weir's Olympic ones considering that Abbott with a fall and two lower-level spins could've been close to beating Weir's relatively clean LP performance in Vancouver if he didn't have his Flip downgraded:

http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympic-figure-skating/schedule-and-results/men-free-skating_fsm010101eh.html

Interesting to note that Abbott actually outscored Weir in PCS and if you compare comparable elements, you can see Abbott usually scored higher than Weir.

That's because Abbott attempts significantly more difficult programs than Weir does. Jeremy loads his programs with difficult transitions and choreography and he attempts the quad jump, so of course his PCS are deservedly going to be higher than Johnny's. Jeremy actually had the highest base value of any man in the World Championship LP this year. He attempted the quad, put both of his 3Axels in combination and did a 3-jump combo of 3Lutz+3toe+2loop, and wisely put one of the 3Axel combinations and the 3-jump combo in the post-2 minute bonus of the program. Abbott and Weir can never be fairly compared for this reason. If Weir was attempting the high difficulty level of Abbott, his consistency would be wildly erratic too (even more so than it already is), and the same can be said for Lysacek too, as we saw evidence of at Nationals when he bombed on the quad and went on to make other mistakes as well, losing the National title for a second consecutive year when he unsuccessfully attempted the quad.

BlueRidge
04-30-2010, 01:29 PM
He keeps on dancing.
He's a dance, dance, dance, dance, dancing machine
Watch him get down, watch him get down
As he do, do, do his thing
Right on the scene

Yes, but now he's leaving on a jet plane, doesn't know when he'll be back again. Oh, babe, he hates to go.

jlai
04-30-2010, 01:41 PM
I think there is a big question of that to put it mildly. Evan is far and away the #1 U.S skater. It would be wrong to put anyone even alongside him. his record so far trumps any other American man both career wise and of late. Abbott is probably the #2 U.S skater coming out of this season. moment.

Cat fight for second best is on!

And I know no matter what I'd do I'm only second best
Only second best that's all I will ever be
Even though I'm second best I'm still first with me

Nan
04-30-2010, 03:12 PM
cat Fight for second best is on!

But remember, second best is the first loser. ;)

10J
04-30-2010, 05:32 PM
From people.com:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20365447,00.html

BlueRidge
04-30-2010, 05:37 PM
War! What it is a good for? Absolutely nothing!

aymkjb88
04-30-2010, 06:44 PM
From people.com:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20365447,00.html

Bravo Evan! :respec: I'm glad he'll keep taking the high road and move on! That shows the difference between a winner and a loser.

manleywoman
04-30-2010, 06:45 PM
War! What it is a good for? Absolutely nothing!

HUH!

Good God, y'all!

BlueRidge
04-30-2010, 06:46 PM
Say it again!

Nan
04-30-2010, 06:48 PM
Absolutely nothing!

aymkjb88
04-30-2010, 06:50 PM
As far as the SOI goes, USFSA is not taking charge! It's called the "Smucker's" stars on ice. The sponsor is the boss and they have all the right to decide which employee they want to hire which they don't want to hire. It's as simple as that!