PDA

View Full Version : Who is in charge here?? USFSA take charge!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23

Wyliefan
05-06-2010, 04:58 PM
I think we're talking about Johnny's image as a whole (aided by what has been referred to earlier in this thread as his lack of a filter). He's very much into this highly charged sexual persona right now. If he were to impulsively decide to bring it onto the ice some night, SOI would have one big fat PR mess on their hands. "No, ma'am, I don't think he meant to make that obscene gesture DIRECTLY at your four year old . . ." etc., etc.

Not that SOI hasn't had some other inappropriate numbers on occasion, as has been mentioned.

But it's all academic, since the "family friendly" thing is, as BlueRidge has pointed out, pretty poorly sourced.

BlueRidge
05-06-2010, 05:01 PM
No, actually now I'm convinced it came from aliens. I read that somewhere. It must be true.

Wyliefan
05-06-2010, 05:07 PM
Even aliens are Johnny haterz! :drama:

Prancer
05-06-2010, 05:07 PM
I think we're talking about Johnny's image as a whole (aided by what has been referred to earlier in this thread as his lack of a filter). He's very much into this highly charged sexual persona right now. If he were to impulsively decide to bring it onto the ice some night, SOI would have one big fat PR mess on their hands. "No, ma'am, I don't think he meant to make that obscene gesture DIRECTLY at your four year old . . ." etc., etc.

Johnny has done a lot of things, but making obscene gestures at the audience? :huh:

Not that most four-year-olds would recognize such a gesture anyway, or know who Johnny Weir is, or have the slightest clue what a sexually charged persona is.

Again, it's not the little kids who are disturbed; it's the adults, who like to think they are freaking out because of the kids.

I'd be more disturbed at taking my adolescent children to see SOI and sitting through that lovely "Is She Sleeping With Him? Is He Sleeping With Her?" number that Katia and Ilia and two other skaters did a few years ago. They WOULD understand the theme. And no, I don't think it would inspire them to engage in secret partner swapping; I just think it would make them very uncomfortable to watch that with me.

BlueRidge
05-06-2010, 05:09 PM
Even aliens are Johnny haterz! :drama:

Its all right, they aren't love so they don't exist anyway...

Wyliefan
05-06-2010, 05:09 PM
Johnny has done a lot of things, but making obscene gestures at the audience? :huh:

Would you be surprised? Honestly?

I'd be more disturbed at taking my adolescent children to see SOI and sitting through that lovely "Is She Sleeping With Him? Is He Sleeping With Her?" number that Katia and Ilia and two other skaters did a few years ago. They WOULD understand the theme. And no, I don't think it would inspire them to engage in secret partner swapping; I just think it would make them very uncomfortable to watch that with me.

As I said, they have done inappropriate stuff in the past, and I do think it makes people uncomfortable, for good reason. And it's not too large a stretch of the imagination to think that Johnny would be pushing the boundaries as hard as he could.

But as I said, it's academic anyway.

BlueRidge
05-06-2010, 05:10 PM

Are you saying that SOI is not family friendly?! :eek:

are you sure you are not an alien?

BlueRidge
05-06-2010, 05:11 PM

In all seriousness (not an easy thing, you know :drama: ), I don't believe Johnny would do anything like that. He's never done anything on ice that would lead me to believe something like that. And I think he has plenty of sense that if he were in SOI or back in COI he would know the boundaries of what is appropriate.

jlai
05-06-2010, 05:16 PM
Wait, I thought she was the one in charge! :confused:

Who is in charge here?? Prancer take charge!! ;)

Now where's the Flexjet?

BlueRidge
05-06-2010, 05:27 PM
Who is in charge here?? Prancer take charge!! ;)

Now where's the Flexjet?

An anonymous source, who wishes to be anonymous, told me that Prancer flew the Flexjet to Nova Scotia to see the total eclipse of the sun...

Autumm_wind
05-06-2010, 05:27 PM
Fly me to the Moon,
with Flexjet free for whole June.

Nan
05-06-2010, 06:23 PM
Fly me to the Moon

(see signature, please)

Prancer
05-06-2010, 06:24 PM

Honestly, yes, I would.

And it's not too large a stretch of the imagination to think that Johnny would be pushing the boundaries as hard as he could.

Pushing boundaries is one thing; pushing them to the degree of making obscene gestures at an audience is way beyond anything I have reason to think Johnny would do.

For one thing, I would be :eek: if SOI didn't have some sort of contractual limits on what skaters can and can't do during shows; they'd be fools not to. And for another, I think Johnny has respect for his audiences, whoever they may be.

An anonymous source, who wishes to be anonymous, told me that Prancer flew the Flexjet to Nova Scotia to see the total eclipse of the sun...

Not I :saint:. I'm where I should be all the time, and when I'm not, I'm with some :sekret: who tell me things anonymously.

Nan
05-06-2010, 06:34 PM
Not I :saint:. I'm where I should be all the time, and when I'm not, I'm with some :sekret: who tell me things anonymously.

Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

BlueRidge
05-06-2010, 06:34 PM
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

No, Nan, :rolleyes: that's just an illusion.