PDA

View Full Version : Who is in charge here?? USFSA take charge!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23

rfisher
05-06-2010, 03:05 PM
I have no doubt that any SOI venue that included Johnny as a guest skater might show increased ticket sales from the Angels. The question is whether those "extra" sales would cover SOI's extra costs in including him - his payment, promotional costs over and above the normal, royalty fees for his music, etc. His pressence would have to sell a lot of tickets just to cover the added expenses of hiring him.

And that's without figuring in how many potential butts-in-seats would decline to buy tickets because they don't want to see him specifically.

But, don't you know those Angels are legion and two even fly in from Japan and that will certainly be sufficent to cover expenses. Besides, SOI should just suck that extra cost up simply to have the priviledge of having HIM skate in their silly little show because he's REAL. :)

Yazmeen
05-06-2010, 03:18 PM
I have no doubt that any SOI venue that included Johnny as a guest skater might show increased ticket sales from the Angels. The question is whether those "extra" sales would cover SOI's extra costs in including him - his payment, promotional costs over and above the normal, royalty fees for his music, etc. His pressence would have to sell a lot of tickets just to cover the added expenses of hiring him.

And that's without figuring in how many potential butts-in-seats would decline to buy tickets because they don't want to see him specifically.

Don't forget to add in the "damage control" costs when his unfiltered mouth opens up.

Prancer
05-06-2010, 03:36 PM
Hmmmm, guess that's sorted out. However, bottom line remains that Johnny isn't wanted, and has never been invited to tour with SOI either this year or any year, for whatever reason, whatever excuse. The fact he hasn't sticks out like a sore thumb, and that's why there's all the discussion

Now that Johnny has said he wouldn't skate with SOI if he were asked, the discussion should really end, don't you think? Unless people think Johnny should somehow be forced to skate with SOI because that's what the fans want.

BlueRidge
05-06-2010, 03:41 PM
the discussion should really end? Prancer, you're funny. :lol:

It doesn't matter that Johnny doesn't want to skate with SOI, its not about him skating with SOI now, its about the fact that they didn't invite him on in the first place and why! Its either because Johnny is love and SOI are not, or its because Johnny is hate and SOI can't make money off of that. We need to sort this out!

Southpaw
05-06-2010, 03:49 PM
This thread is starting to sound like a Spike Lee joint.

Rainbow
05-06-2010, 04:03 PM
Now that Johnny has said he wouldn't skate with SOI if he were asked, the discussion should really end, don't you think?

What still really interests me though is, how anyone would be offended to not be thought of as "family friendly", when they are having dry sex with their foot massager, are humping their aunt, straddling their agent or generally walk around naked on tv. :D

I wouldn`t want to explain this to my five year old, if I had one. It`s worse than going to the zoo and watching the animals mate. :lol:

Nan
05-06-2010, 04:03 PM
the discussion should really end? Prancer, you're funny. :lol:

Wait, I thought she was the one in charge! :confused:

Wyliefan
05-06-2010, 04:05 PM
Humping his AUNT?? Yipe! Much more of this sort of thing, and he'll be his own grandpa.

Prancer
05-06-2010, 04:07 PM
What still really interests me though is, how anyone would be offended to not be thought of as "family friendly", when they are having dry sex with their foot massager, are humping their aunt, straddling their agent or generally walk around naked on tv. :D

But the "family friendly" idea, as far as we know, originated with a fan, so I'm not sure why it's an issue.

I wouldn`t want to explain this to my five year old, if I had one. It`s worse than going to the zoo and watching the animals mate. :lol:

If I had a five-year-old and concerns like that, I wouldn't let my five-year-old watch Johnny's show. :confused:

There have been SOI numbers I wouldn't especially want to explain to a five-year-old, either, but fortunately, five-year-olds don't really need explanations for skating programs, as they have no context for some of the themes.

Rainbow
05-06-2010, 04:16 PM
But the "family friendly" idea, as far as we know, originated with a fan, so I'm not sure why it's an issue.

Wasn`t Johnny being quoted in an article as having an issue with the term?
So my point was, if you would like to appear family friendly, use your foot massager for your feet and don`t straddle your agent. It projects a totally different image.

BlueRidge
05-06-2010, 04:16 PM

But we don't really know that do we?

Here is what GLAAD stated in an email to me:

We do have it on the record that stars on ice denied Weir because he is “not family friendly.” The comments were confirmed from a source who wishes to remain anonymous.

It seems to me we simply don't know where the "not family friendly" phrase came from.

Prancer
05-06-2010, 04:23 PM
Wasn`t Johnny being quoted in an article as having an issue with the term?
So my point was, if you would like to appear family friendly, use your foot massager for your feet and don`t straddle your agent. It projects a totally different image.

Johnny didn't like the term. But I don't think "family friendly" has anything to do with how little kids perceive things, no matter how many adults like to pretend it does.

It seems to me we simply don't know where the "not family friendly" phrase came from.

GLAAD does nothing to clarify that, either.

Wyliefan
05-06-2010, 04:25 PM
Johnny didn't like the term. But I don't think "family friendly" has anything to do with how little kids perceive things, no matter how many adults like to pretend it does.

It has to do with what parents see as appropriate for little kids. Close enough for government work.

BlueRidge
05-06-2010, 04:27 PM
GLAAD does nothing to clarify that, either.

That's my point. We simply don't know where the "not family friendly" thing originated. I don't think we know that it came from a fan anymore than we know it came from someone associated in some way with SOI.

We have about as much evidence to attribute it to space aliens as anyone else. :shuffle:

Prancer
05-06-2010, 04:43 PM
It has to do with what parents see as appropriate for little kids. Close enough for government work.

As a parent, I don't understand that reasoning at all and it wouldn't cross my mind to stay away from SOI because of what Johnny does or does not do on an obscure reality show my children have never heard of, much less watched.