PDA

View Full Version : Who is in charge here?? USFSA take charge!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

tarotx
05-03-2010, 09:12 AM
But again, Johnny says he wouldn't skate for their show if they asked him to, so why does it matter? SOI doesn't want Johnny; Johnny doesn't want SOI.

Also most of these extra skaters were added after Johnny created bad press for the tour and was never going to be asked then. I think most of the Asian skaters didn't have tour dates then either and after they decided to do limited dates more skaters were needed to fill out the cast. But by then Johnny had already b!tched. B!tching is the reason he's not on the tour in the first place. Johnny can be a pain listing too in a press conference (I mean the complaining he does because he's always entertaining). Just imagine traveling on a bus with him days at a time? Someone on MKF mentioned perhaps the bus being the reason he's not touring and I think it is probably a factor-along with the fact that there is a good chance that he would b!tch his complaints to the press that he was supposed to be wooing to get the tour good press.

bardtoob
05-03-2010, 09:34 AM
The inequities and favoritism that I see in the figure skating world worry me.

It's really no different than the real world. Some people have access, while some do not.

Really, the only skater that ever got gold medal treatment without a Gold Medal was Michelle Kwan . . .

. . . and my official position is that, as much as I love him, Johnny is no Kween.

Carolla5501
05-03-2010, 04:01 PM
Didn't you know Evan was loaning the jet to Johnny so his hat could make it to Louisville on time for the Derby? There are priorities afterall. :hat1:

I think that hat flew itself... It had the "wing width" to take flight! :)

kwanfan1818
05-03-2010, 04:17 PM
But again, Johnny says he wouldn't skate for their show if they asked him to, so why does it matter? SOI doesn't want Johnny; Johnny doesn't want SOI.
SOI didn't seem to want S&B or E&L (and maybe some others) in the beginning, either. When originally asked he said the reason he hadn't skated with SOI was because they never asked, not that the show was tacky or that he'd never skate with them. There is a possibility that had he kept repeating his original statement that he would have been asked for a subset of shows, much like the rest of the Olympic team and singles podium.

He asked people to donate to his training, so money is an issue.

Wyliefan
05-03-2010, 04:20 PM
I agree that had he been more discreet and mature, he probably would be doing guest spots by now. And he probably would have liked that better than doing the whole tour anyway, since he wouldn't have had to skate group numbers or travel with the regulars.

Prancer
05-03-2010, 04:35 PM
SOI didn't seem to want S&B or E&L (and maybe some others) in the beginning, either. When originally asked he said the reason he hadn't skated with SOI was because they never asked, not that the show was tacky or that he'd never skate with them. There is a possibility that had he kept repeating his original statement that he would have been asked for a subset of shows, much like the rest of the Olympic team and singles podium.

He asked people to donate to his training, so money is an issue.

I get all that. But you can't get all exercised about Johnny not being invited when a) he says he wouldn't skate with them if asked (and since Johnny is refreshingly honest and doesn't whine, that must be true and not just sour grapes) and b) he has now been refreshingly honest and made his position clear, SOI has no reason at all to ever invite him no matter how many fans he has.

Money is obviously an issue; since Johnny supports his family, he has to feel the pressure to earn. When he was on the Wendy Williams show and she said that SOI is what skaters do after the Olympics to make their money, he said, "A little money" and indicated that it was very little, which makes me wonder if that is an issue for him where SOI is concerned, as he said that before Evan's public dismissal of his skating.

kwanfan1818
05-03-2010, 04:40 PM
But you can't get all exercised about Johnny not being invited when a) he says he wouldn't skate with them if asked (and since Johnny is refreshingly honest and doesn't whine, that must be true and not just sour grapes) and b) he has now been refreshingly honest and made his position clear, SOI has no reason at all to ever invite him no matter how many fans he has.

How was I getting all exercised about Johnny not being invited? I just pointed out a fact.

agalisgv
05-03-2010, 04:43 PM
When originally asked he said the reason he hadn't skated with SOI was because they never asked Well, no. Weir and his agent's original statements were that he wasn't invited to skate with SOI because he wasn't "family friendly" enough. Later on his agent changed the story to he just wasn't asked. But that was after his agent reportedly approached some of Weir's fans to start a petition on his behalf and claimed his absence from the tour was because he wasn't "family friendly".

That was what killed any of his chances of appearing on SOI.

kwanfan1818
05-03-2010, 04:51 PM
Well, no. Weir and his agent's original statements were that he wasn't invited to skate with SOI because he wasn't "family friendly" enough. Later on his agent changed the story to he just wasn't asked. But that was after his agent reportedly approached some of Weir's fans to start a petition on his behalf and claimed his absence from the tour was because he wasn't "family friendly".

That was what killed any of his chances of appearing on SOI.
The first statement I saw was that he wasn't asked, the next added "family friendly". Regardless, obviously, the moment he accused the sponsor of discrimination, whether or not they deserved it, he lost any chance of appearing.

Garden Kitty
05-03-2010, 06:06 PM
I won't dance, don't ask me (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGwcg4g-1Ik)

jlai
05-04-2010, 12:20 AM
I think that hat flew itself... It had the "wing width" to take flight! :)

Then Johnny must be a closet Jeremy fan 'coz his hat had to look like this:

http://www.foureyesjokeshop.com/ProductImages/hats/flying%20pig%20crazy%20hat.jpg

Time to "out" him! :P

judiz
05-04-2010, 01:13 AM
Also most of these extra skaters were added after Johnny created bad press for the tour and was never going to be asked then. I think most of the Asian skaters didn't have tour dates then either and after they decided to do limited dates more skaters were needed to fill out the cast. But by then Johnny had already b!tched. B!tching is the reason he's not on the tour in the first place. Johnny can be a pain listing too in a press conference (I mean the complaining he does because he's always entertaining). Just imagine traveling on a bus with him days at a time? Someone on MKF mentioned perhaps the bus being the reason he's not touring and I think it is probably a factor-along with the fact that there is a good chance that he would b!tch his complaints to the press that he was supposed to be wooing to get the tour good press.

Johnny traveled on a bus during the COI tours and I don't recall anyone complaining about his behavior on the bus. As I recall, Johnny once said he slept and listened to his Ipod on the bus trips, hardly bitchy behaviors.

museksk8r
05-04-2010, 01:43 AM
Didn't you hear? Everyone's out to get the victimized Evan. :EVILLE: Evgeny and Johnny won't stop terrorizing him. :P I can hear Lysacek's Chris Crocker-like uber fans now - "LEAVE EVAN ALONE, I MEEEAAAAAN IT!!!" with mascara tears cascading down their faces as they bitch under their bed sheets. :lol:

psycho
05-04-2010, 05:07 AM
Didn't you hear? Everyone's out to get the victimized Evan. :EVILLE: Evgeny and Johnny won't stop terrorizing him. :P I can hear Lysacek's Chris Crocker-like uber fans now - "LEAVE EVAN ALONE, I MEEEAAAAAN IT!!!" with mascara tears cascading down their faces as they bitch under their bed sheets. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Eyre
05-04-2010, 06:29 AM
Johnny traveled on a bus during the COI tours and I don't recall anyone complaining about his behavior on the bus. As I recall, Johnny once said he slept and listened to his Ipod on the bus trips, hardly bitchy behaviors.

That was then. This is now. Haven't you noticed that Johnny is, year after year, more "unique", "out" going, and more firmly established himself on what image he wants to have?:rolleyes: