PDA

View Full Version : Honeymoon Ideas...

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Cyn
04-29-2010, 01:40 PM
What if the two closest darts landed in Irag and Iran ? :P

It'd make for some rather interesting Kevlar lingerie :P.

skatemommy
04-29-2010, 02:05 PM
Hawaii is so beautiful. It smells like plumaria. The flora and fauna are so unusual. It is paradise on earth!

zippy
04-29-2010, 04:03 PM
In my opinion, avoid Jamaica like the plague. Horrific place. Went there to get my seaman's visa when I was on cruise ships. Thought I'd stay a few days then ended up paying to leave early as it was such a shock to the system. Horrific food, accommodation and conditions. Mind you, I was in Kingston Town which is not really a tourist mecca.

I would say this is a situation where your mileage may vary. I did a summer course in Kingston and had a great time. Of course Kingston has a reputation as a rough city and is pretty different from the rest of Jamaica and certainly not where a couple would choose to go for their honeymoon, but I still found it interesting and even pretty. Accommodations were fine, food maybe not the best ever (although I did enjoy Juici Patties and Red Stripe!), and the people were lovely. The Bob Marley museum was excellent as well. But the countryside and the north of the country are much better for tourism - I didn't have much free time but I did go to Ocho Rios, which was gorgeous with a big waterfall that you can climb up. Anyway, I wouldn't necessarily pick Jamaica (voted for Portugal myself), but I just wanted to point out that perhaps it's changed since you were there, or could be just an isolated bad experience.

MLIS
04-29-2010, 04:09 PM
If you want to explore AND relax, can I suggest doing a cruise (either Caribbean or Mediterranean)? That's what we did -- my husband is of the "sit on the beach and vegetate" variety and I am of the "see every historical site within a hundred miles" variety when it comes to vacationing, and we found the cruise was great because we had some sit by the pool with a frosty drink days and some sightseeing days. And one day where he sat by the pool and I went sightseeing! It's nice, too, because you get to see a few different places, but your transportation/accomodation travels with you, so it's not stressful getting from place to place, and you don't have to repack your suitcase every two nights.

bobalina77
04-29-2010, 05:12 PM
Hawaii is so beautiful. It smells like plumaria. The flora and fauna are so unusual. It is paradise on earth!

I second this. I just bought some massage oil that smells exactly like Hawaii.. it's amazing.

Santorini (Greek Isles) - absolutely one of the most beautiful (and romantic) places on the planet.

This is one of the many places I want to go. I think it's one of those places where you can't take a bad picture (which is important to me because I love taking scenery pictures). I love the look of the white buildings next to that beautiful blue sea. Hawaii was the same way.

skategal
04-29-2010, 05:18 PM
Are you travelling for your honeymoon right after your wedding day? If so, keep in mind that you will be really, really tired after your wedding day and may not want to do much for the first few days of your honeymoon besides veg.

We went to Disney World for our honeymoon and had a great time. But the first few days we were so tired from the wedding festivities that we barely visited any of the theme parks and had long naps every afternoon.

PDilemma
04-29-2010, 08:05 PM
Are you travelling for your honeymoon right after your wedding day? If so, keep in mind that you will be really, really tired after your wedding day and may not want to do much for the first few days of your honeymoon besides veg.

We went to Disney World for our honeymoon and had a great time. But the first few days we were so tired from the wedding festivities that we barely visited any of the theme parks and had long naps every afternoon.

My husband's workplace burnt to the ground six months before our wedding and he had a very unstable job situation for four and half months and started a new job just six weeks before our wedding. So our honeymoon was two nights in the city down the road with my husband on unpaid leave (which was generous because the company has a no leave policy for the first three months).

Even with only two days, all we did the first afternoon was sleep at our hotel.

We wanted to take a trip this summer, but now my job situation and, therefore, our finances after September, is a great unknown. So we may never have a vacation at all. :(

cruisin
04-29-2010, 10:27 PM
I would suggest Italy, so romantic!

We went to Hawaii, awesome in a different way.

Andrey aka Pushkin
04-29-2010, 10:55 PM
Portugal, easily.
First of all, Budapest is one of the least romantic places on Earth. Don't remember Vienna too well, though.

Personally, if I wanted to have the best time of my life, I'd go for a place that is not overcrowded with tourists and where the locals do not treat you like a walking stupid bag of money. Portugal is cheap, nice, relatively "lost", has huge historical interest, beautiful views and off the beaten track. Plus, they are very family oriented, so honeymooners would get a good treatment, I would assume.

Cheylana
04-30-2010, 02:38 AM
In my opinion, avoid Jamaica like the plague. Horrific place. Went there to get my seaman's visa when I was on cruise ships. Thought I'd stay a few days then ended up paying to leave early as it was such a shock to the system. Horrific food, accommodation and conditions. Mind you, I was in Kingston Town which is not really a tourist mecca.
Well, it's Kingston so I'll give you the accommodation and conditions but horrific food? As a half-Jamaican (Jam-erican?) that's like an dagger in my heart! :lol:

Seriously, Kingston is not at all representative of a vacation in Jamaica. That's like going to Detroit and saying the U.S. sucks... :shuffle: Most folks go to resorts in Ocho Rios/Montego Bay/Negril, and those places are very nice. :)

Other island possibilities: What about Costa Rica - it's gorgeous, and you can explore the rainforests and check out the gorgeous birds but also chill on the beach. I'm going there next (well, after Israel, Thailand and Hong Kong, in that order).

Also, a friend of mine went to Belize for her honeymoon and raved about its beauty.

nubka
04-30-2010, 06:55 AM
I'd like to cruise the Greek islands and soak up the sun... :summer:

allyx82
04-30-2010, 07:49 AM
Hawaii ..specially if it your honey moon ...

allyx82
04-30-2010, 07:50 AM
or you know I loved Brazil..

cruisin
04-30-2010, 02:05 PM
I think a lot depends on what you want to do on your honeymoon. Do you want to spend relaxing/romantic time sunning + :D. Or do you want to sight see. If you go to Europe, it would be a shame to go there and not visit museums/churches, explore the culture. That might be something for a non-honeymoon trip. But, if you've lived together for a while, this may be more of a vacation than a romantic, stay in the hotel room all week adventure.:D

viennese
04-30-2010, 11:27 PM
Hawaii

Total cliche, but truly one of the most beautiful places on earth.
One night in Honolulu, then visit one of the smaller islands...

My cousins lived there for a couple of years and it was happy happy joy joy to visit them. They didn't want to leave.