PDA

View Full Version : Samuelson & Bates move to Canton (threads merged)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

azskatefan
04-28-2010, 05:21 PM
http://www.usfigureskating.org/Story.asp?id=44554&type=media

Ice dancers Emily Samuelson & Evan Bates, the 2008 World Junior champions and 2010 U.S. bronze medalists, announced today they have ended their 10-year professional relationship with coaches Yuri Chesnichenko and Yaroslava Nechaeva at the Ann Arbor Ice Cube in Ann Arbor, Mich., and will train with Igor Shpilband and Marina Zoueva at the Arctic Edge in Canton, Mich.

Shpilband and Zoueva also coach 2010 Olympic ice dancing champions Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir of Canada and 2010 Olympic ice dancing silver medalists Meryl Davis & Charlie White. They previously mentored 2006 Olympic silver medalists Tanith Belbin & Ben Agosto.

chipso1
04-28-2010, 05:22 PM
Just announced: here (http://www.usfigureskating.org/Story.asp?id=44554&type=media)

Ice dancers Emily Samuelson & Evan Bates, the 2008 World Junior champions and 2010 U.S. bronze medalists, announced today they have ended their 10-year professional relationship with coaches Yuri Chesnichenko and Yaroslava Nechaeva at the Ann Arbor Ice Cube in Ann Arbor, Mich., and will train with Igor Shpilband and Marina Zoueva at the Arctic Edge in Canton, Mich.

BlueRidge
04-28-2010, 05:23 PM
Um HELLO! This shows up as "Samuelson and Bates split" from the main page. Are you trying to kill me. :fragile:

coaching change oh...

chipso1
04-28-2010, 05:24 PM
Um HELLO! This shows up as "Samuelson and Bates split" from the main page. Are you trying to kill me. :fragile:

coaching change oh...

((((BR))))

BlueRidge
phew, much better thread title. lets keep this one

Anita18
I KNOW! :rofl:

shallwedansu
04-28-2010, 05:25 PM
On the main page under last post topics, this thread comes up as "Samuelson and Bates split..." I was :eek: when I first saw it.

But the news of coaching change isn't all that great either. :( Why does everyone go to Shpilband and Zoueva? Do all the U.S. ice dancers love Michigan that much? :confused:

BlueRidge
04-28-2010, 05:28 PM
Well they were already in Michigan, and aren't they UM students? I suppose they would want to stay in Michigan? So this makes sense from that point of view.

:scream:

Taso
04-28-2010, 05:29 PM
:scream:

Yeah...

At least their toe point and posture are too good for Zueva & Shpilband to destroy? I was hoping they would go to Krylova & Camerlengo

dncrgrl
04-28-2010, 05:32 PM

coaching change oh...

Exactly! That title will make a lot of people upset...!

UMBS Go Blue
04-28-2010, 05:33 PM
And Evan's roommates (Charlie White, Alex Shibutani) already train with Shpilband/Zoueva. It's going to make for some interesting competition at Nats this coming year, with at least 4 top teams (Samuelson/Bates, Davis/White, Shibutani/Shibutani, Chock/Zuerlein) all in the Shpilband/Zoueva camp.

BlueRidge
04-28-2010, 05:34 PM
I'd have had a HEART ATTACK seeing this title from the main page, but I had a head-ups about the coaching change so I realized it must be that. Or I'd be dead. But some other folks might not have that advantage. So maybe we can merge the two threads and keep the OTHER THREAD TITLE

reese
04-28-2010, 05:35 PM
And Evan's roommates (Charlie White, Alex Shibutani) already train with Shpilband/Zoueva. It's going to make for some interesting competition at Nats this coming year, with at least 4 top teams (Samuelson/Bates, Davis/White, Shibutani/Shibutani, Chock/Zuerlein) all in the Shpilband/Zoueva camp.

Marina/Igor now have more or less a monopoly at Arctic Edge. I don't think it's actually good for ice dance in the US.

chipso1
04-28-2010, 05:36 PM
Exactly! That title will make a lot of people upset...!

I'd have had a HEART ATTACK seeing this title from the main page, but I had a head-ups about the coaching change so I realized it must be that. Or I'd be dead. But some other folks might not have that advantage. So maybe we can merge the two threads and keep the OTHER THREAD TITLE

SORRY. Yeesh. It's impossible to know how the thread title will show up on the main page.

Taso
04-28-2010, 05:36 PM
Marina/Igor now have more or less a monopoly at Arctic Edge. I don't think it's actually good for ice dance in the US.

I think it's pretty awful, actually...