PDA

View Full Version : High School Reunions- Yay or Nay?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

SoNaoWat?
04-28-2010, 03:31 AM
Hey again. I just got the message that the planning will be underway for my 20 year class reunion. We're meeting next week. Just wondering what people think of those- do you go? Do you look forward to them, hate them, etc.?

I've always loved reunions. Our class is fairly small and pretty close, so I like to go, and I like to help plan.

What are some ideas for successful reunions some of you have had? Anything you've done at a reunion that has really bombed?

Thanks!

mmscfdcsu
04-28-2010, 03:33 AM
I hate them. I did go to my 10year college reunion, to see a couple of great people. I would not go to a high school reunion even if you paid me. And i went to high school here in Shaker Heights. :lol:

bobalina77
04-28-2010, 04:37 AM
I didn't go to my 10 year.. I honestly don't think enough has changed after 10 years to warrant going to a reunion. Especially when most of the people I went to school with still live in town and I bump into them every once in a while. Might go to my 20 year in 5 years.. especially if I'm still together with my boyfriend (who I went to highschool with until he got suspended) because there will be a lot of "how the hell did you two end up together?" comments I'm sure, as we didn't exactly frequent the same groups in highschool :lol:

Fridge_Break
04-28-2010, 04:49 AM
Nay. All of my friends were not in my class. I graduated with the biggest group of preps, arrogant snots, and jerks... I don't plan on going to my 10 year, nor any after that. I'd rather go to the reunions for the graduating classes the year before and after me :lol:

nerdycool
04-28-2010, 05:02 AM
I went to my 10 year this past summer, and in general I hated it... but that's because I'm pretty anti-social and the idea of socializing makes me wanna hurl. I did catch up with the friends I had back then and that was nice. But overall, I could have done that without actually going to the reunion.

Really
04-28-2010, 05:10 AM
I went to my 10-year reunion. That was 3 days before my son was born! LOL! I missed our 25-year reunion because it was in late June and I was up to my ears in exams and report cards. Haven't heard of any plans for the next one. I did enjoy seeing everyone at the 10-year reunion.

Jayar
04-28-2010, 05:12 AM
I am going to my 20th in a few weeks... I can't wait! :)

BigB08822
04-28-2010, 05:18 AM
My 10 year is next year. Not sure if I will go or not. There are some people I would love to see so I might see who all is planning to attend and make my decision based on that. If not enough people are going then I will wait until my 20 year reunion when people have more to say than "I finished school and got a job at...." or "I am still in school trying to finish..." etc etc. 20 years from now we will all have a lot more to share, families, etc. With Facebook available I am friends with most of the people I graduated with and don't feel like there are many people I wonder about, I can check their Facebook page to see what they are up to.

Cheylana
04-28-2010, 05:21 AM
Hellz no, that's what Facebook is for! :lol:

Karina1974
04-28-2010, 05:28 AM
I didn't go to my 10 year.. I honestly don't think enough has changed after 10 years to warrant going to a reunion.

I didn't go to my 10 year HS reunion either, but I am going to my 10 year college reunion on June 12. They are honoring the Sister who is in charge of Campus Ministry, and she is someone who is a huge help and always has a shoulder for anyone who needs someone to talk to. They are also honoring the alumnus who was the Residence Director when I was attending the school, who I liked because he brooked no bull shit, and suffered no fools. I can remember there was a problem with people pulling the fire alarm for no reason - he threatened to keep us outside all night after we vacated the building the third time it happened. And it was 40-50F, and 2:00 AM.

If my class has a 20-year reunion in 2013 I'll probably go. I'm not that mousy blonde wallflower anymore. I've changed so much they won't recognize me when I walk in the door! It's funny that this topic comes up, because I've been over on Facebook and looking up people who I went to school with, and the old cliche is true... the ones who were elevated to "all that" status sure as hell don't look it anymore!

essence_of_soy
04-28-2010, 05:38 AM
Christy Masters, Lisa Luder and Cheryl Quick made my life a living hell in high school. Especially on hamburger day.

At my 10 year high school reunion, they humiliated me for claiming I had invented post - it notes.

mysticchic
04-28-2010, 05:47 AM
I haven't been to a reunion for school, never really wanted to go. I've been to reunions for other things and had a blast.
HS reunions are expensive. We were suppose to have a 30 year in 06 and some how the person running it was charging 50.00 per person. It wasn't anything fancy. Most of the class wanted to get together at a picinc and the person ignored everyone. So out of 1000 people only 50 showed up.
I agree I'd rather keep up with people on FB.

Dr.Siouxs
04-28-2010, 05:48 AM
I don't remember anything from high school. :smokin:

Twilight1
04-28-2010, 05:49 AM
We are having our 50th year reunion (I am not that old but the school is lol). I am on the fence about it because a part of me wants to see some people again and another part of me is saying 'f' that!! I hated highschool. Almost all aspects of it. I am however, close to quite a few people and some very good friends of mine are going.

I better decide soon though, it is less than a month away and I need to lose 10 lbs. lmao!

myhoneyhoney
04-28-2010, 05:57 AM
I graduated with the biggest group of preps, arrogant snots, and jerks...

We must have gone to the same school. Even though I did the cheerleading thing I still found most in the school, well.... like how you just wrote!