PDA

View Full Version : American Idol (Apr 27/28) That Don't Impress Me Much (or does it?)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

BigB08822
04-27-2010, 03:12 PM
Go ahead, spill it, who impressed or didn't? I will be back to edit in any news I may come across but feel free to share if you have something. I am at school today so will be posting sporadically.

OK! Magazine wrote up a little article that includes hints at song choices. I don't consider it a spoiler because there wasn't nearly enough information to figure out which songs the contestants chose but they did let you know who picked a ballad or more uptempo song. So take a peak if you dare:

http://www.okmagazine.com/2010/04/american-idols-top-six-rehearse-for-shania-twain-week/

Cookie and Allison go out for her birthday, along with some others:

http://mjsbigblog.com/david-cook-kris-allen-allison-iraheta-celebrate-allisons-birthday-video.htm#more-24255

BigB08822
04-27-2010, 06:57 PM
Bumping since I edited in some news.

Beefcake
04-27-2010, 09:11 PM
What, no "Twainweck!" poll selection? :saint:

BigB08822
04-27-2010, 09:40 PM
LOL! I wish I had thought of that, Beefcake!

Allskate
04-27-2010, 09:44 PM

:lol: But I like Brian's too.

I have very low expectations for tonight. I wish it were a broader country theme because they'd be more likely to choose songs that suit them and because I'd be more likely to enjoy the songs.

A countryish theme should work in Aaron's favor, but I'm hoping he's the one who goes home this week.

rfisher
04-27-2010, 09:50 PM
Will this season never end?

PeterG
04-27-2010, 11:20 PM
From this moment on...let every week be Shania week!!! :D :cheer2: :respec:

Let's be nice this week. If you're not in it for love...I'm outta here!

Will this season never end?

Honestly, no one needs to know your opinion. :P

rfisher
04-27-2010, 11:23 PM

I love you too. Kiss. Kiss.

PeterG
04-27-2010, 11:30 PM
I love you too. Kiss. Kiss.

Don't Be Stupid (You Know I Love You). Forever and For Always.

Wyliefan
04-27-2010, 11:33 PM

:D Nicely done, PeterG.

Allskate
04-27-2010, 11:35 PM
Don't Be Stupid (You Know I Love You).

:lol: Is that really a Shania song? Oh, please, please, please let one of the contestants serenade a judge with this. I can just see Mike pointing at Simon and then punching his chest as he sings these lyrics.

ETA: Hey Peter, if you're a country fan, you can check out the new CD from the Dixie Chicks sisters here:

http://music.aol.com/new-releases-full-cds/#/1

They're calling themselves the Courtyard Hounds.

PeterG
04-27-2010, 11:50 PM

Am I still...? (I'm setting you up well, no?)

:lol: Is that really a Shania song? Oh, please, please, please let one of the contestants serenade a judge with this. I can just see Mike pointing at Simon and then punching his chest as he sings these lyrics.

Yup, it's a great one, silly and flippant and one that I think Siobhan could have a lot of fun with. Not right for Mike though...would like to see him doing something that hits a bit harder like, "I'm Gonna Getcha Good!" :respec:

ETA: Hey Peter, if you're a country fan, you can check out the new CD from the Dixie Chicks sisters here:

I know! I recorded listened to it yesterday. I'm a total AOL junkie now...every Monday! (P.S. The re-release of Big Audio Dynamite's first CD is up on Spinner. :D)

my little pony
04-28-2010, 12:11 AM
Don't Be Stupid (You Know I Love You). Forever and For Always.

these would be funny if you found a group of people who knew any of her songs :P

Beefcake
04-28-2010, 12:12 AM
:barrel Speak for yourself. The woman in me is offended. :P

cailuj365
04-28-2010, 12:23 AM
Is Allison 18 already? I thought she was 16 when she was on the show!