PDA

View Full Version : American Idol (Apr 27/28) That Don't Impress Me Much (or does it?)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Cyn
04-28-2010, 01:08 AM
First up.....Lee Dewyze singing Still The One.

Doesn't sound too bad, but damn, did they borrow the singers from DWTS for backup? :scream: . Still, something was definitely lacking from that IMO.

PrincessLeppard
04-28-2010, 01:08 AM
PL, a lot of people with allergies (which can affect the voice) do not do well with air conditioning. They'd rather deal with the heat than the allergies.

I know that. But I'm not sure how the room was going to stay at 76 without the AC.

This really is going to be a trainwreck evening. Not that most of them haven't been.

Lee is back to being petrified. He could've made that song interesting, and instead he just looked like he wanted to wet himself.

numbers123
04-28-2010, 01:09 AM
PL, a lot of people with allergies (which can affect the voice) do not do well with air conditioning. They'd rather deal with the heat than the allergies.

But I am guessing PL has the inside scoop on how divaish it was asked. Not that I would know why she would have that :shuffle:, but I am pretty sure she did :)

my little pony
my friend just called "who is this shania (she said it so it rhymed with tanya)," I thought Peter would enjoy knowing that

rfisher
Lee: You're Still the One. Shania doesn't look all that impressed. It was OK. Lee is a singer. He's not a performer.

Allskate
04-28-2010, 01:11 AM
I know that. But I'm not sure how the room was going to stay at 76 without the AC.

Did she also request bathtubs full of ice? :lol:

Lee is back to being petrified. He could've made that song interesting, and instead he just looked like he wanted to wet himself.

I'm not sure he every really stopped looking somewhat petrified. I think the judges were just pretending that he was making great progress because they thought they had nobody else to back for the finale (and recording contract) besides Crystal.

Cyn
....And Ellen gives us the first "joke"/play on the Twain issue.

Thankfully there's no Mary Murphy screeching about a Hot Tamale Twain :wall: :scream:

Cyn
Lee: You're Still the One. Shania doesn't look all that impressed. It was OK. Lee is a singer. He's not a performer.

That Didn't Impress Her Much? :P

:slinkaway

PrincessLeppard
04-28-2010, 01:13 AM
But I am guessing PL has the inside scoop on how divaish it was asked. Not that I would know why she would have that :shuffle:, but I am pretty sure she did :)

:saint:

That was just one in a long list. (To be fair, it was her assistant who did the demanding and pouting and whining and wheedling and annoying.)

I will go to a Tea Party rally if Mike does "Man (I Feel Like a Woman)" :D

soxxy
04-28-2010, 01:14 AM
That Lane Bryant ad is not particularly shocking.

Allskate
04-28-2010, 01:15 AM
I will go to a Tea Party rally if Mike does "Man (I Feel Like a Woman)" :D

Oh, sure, go out on a limb.

rfisher
04-28-2010, 01:16 AM
That Didn't Impress Her Much? :P

:slinkaway

I'm going to have to dig out my Shania CDs to stay in the game. :lol:

Mellissa Etheridge is on DWTS. If only Crystal could put that type of energy into her performance.

Cyn
Damn.......no chance of PL showing up at a Tea Party :wuzrobbed: :fragile: :P

Allskate
That Lane Bryant ad is not particularly shocking.

No, but they sure are getting a lot of mileage out of the fact that a couple of networks supposedly wouldn't air them during "family" shows.

Cyn
04-28-2010, 01:18 AM
Mike (missed the title of this song)

He sounds pretty good, but damn, he licks his lips as much as Archuletta did :yikes: .

As much as I hate to admit it, I liked that more than Lee's song.

Shania seems as though she liked it.

Not getting Simon's "wet" analogy.