PDA

View Full Version : American Idol (Apr 27/28) That Don't Impress Me Much (or does it?)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

PeterG
04-28-2010, 12:32 AM
these would be funny if you found a group of people who knew any of her songs :P

So sweet. (Love gets me every time.) Luckily there's a few posters on here with a pulse. :)

:barrel Speak for yourself. The woman in me is offended. :P

:40beers:

my little pony
04-28-2010, 12:36 AM
Luckily there's a few posters on here with a pulse. :)

I guess it gives them the strength to google her greatest hits

rfisher
04-28-2010, 12:37 AM
Don't Be Stupid (You Know I Love You). Forever and For Always.

Man, I Feel Like a Woman. :D

cailuj365
04-28-2010, 12:38 AM
Is Shania promoting anything or is she just here because they asked her to mentor? I heard she wasn't performing tomorrow.

I don't know if this was mentioned because I wasn't around for last week's episode, but due to Adam's performance on Idol a few weeks ago, he cracked the top ten on Billboard Hot 100! (http://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-100#/charts/hot-100) Great bump for him, because the song has already peaked on Top 40 radio. Since the performance, it hasn't left the top 10 in iTunes though (though it probably will tonight due to Glee), which is amazing, and it's doing awesomely well overseas. So happy for him!

Allskate
04-28-2010, 12:40 AM
Is Allison 18 already? I thought she was 16 when she was on the show!

She turned 17 while she was on the show.

I guess it gives them the strength to google her greatest hits

:lol: If we cared enough to learn what they were. :lol: Are there really enough to make an entire Greatest Hits album? I'm only aware of a few of them.

cailuj365
04-28-2010, 12:42 AM
She turned 17 while she was on the show.

Ohhh right, right, how could I forget the Danny Gokey birthday cake fight...

my little pony
04-28-2010, 12:42 AM
Is Shania promoting anything

Jon Park, wait until she finds out he's gone :yikes:

Wyliefan
04-28-2010, 12:49 AM
:) Say what you will, I like Shania. Even though the woman English major in me wishes she'd use a few less exclamation points in her titles. She's got some catchy songs, and she has fun and doesn't take herself too seriously. Unlike Faith Hill, who makes me :scream: .

As for promoting, I hear she's working on new songs but hasn't got anything ready to promote yet.

PrincessLeppard
04-28-2010, 12:58 AM
Ohhh right, right, how could I forget the Danny Gokey birthday cake fight...

Why did you remind me of that???? I had it all blocked out!!! The only cake event I had in my mind was from Rock Star that involved lots of boys in their underpants in a shower!! And now I've Danny inappropriately mauling Allison there instead! :scream:

On a more positive note, numbers and I are going to glitter the place up when Adam and Allison are here on June 10th. Sparkle on that, bitchez. :encore:

In random former contestant gossip, Jennifer Hudson stayed at my sister's hotel and quite the diva-esque list of demands. Including the room maintained at a certain temperature without the air conditioning being turned on. Babe, you're in Las Vegas. Without the AC, your room is in the low 90s.

Allskate
04-28-2010, 01:00 AM
:) Say what you will, I like Shania. Even though the woman English major in me wishes she'd use a few less exclamation points in her titles. She's got some catchy songs, and she has fun and doesn't take herself too seriously.

She is fun. But that doesn't mean her music is a good choice for a theme on AI. I'm trying to imagine someone like Lee or Mike having fun with the Shania songs I know, and I just don't see it going well. Hopefully they'll find something that works for them. I actually am hoping that Crystal does a really fun and uptempo song because I'd like to see more of that side of her.

PeterG
04-28-2010, 01:02 AM
I'm trying to imagine someone like Lee or Mike having fun with the Shania songs I know, and I just don't see it going well. Hopefully they'll find something that works for them.

I'd like for Lee to do "Rock This Country"...don't think it was ever released as a single, though. (And David Cook would probably do it much better than Lee. Just sayin'... :shuffle:

Are there really enough to make an entire Greatest Hits album? I'm only aware of a few of them.

Shania's 2004 Greatest Hits CD has gone four times platinum. The last certification was April 2008 so the sale might be nearing 5,000,000 by now. :D

Man, I Feel Like a Woman. :D

:lol: Honey...I'm Home!

Cyn
04-28-2010, 01:05 AM
Woot!! Here we go!!

Casey seems to have lost his flatiron....

Shania's not my cup of tea, but she looks great. Hopefully she'll be a good mentor. I didn't see her during the audition rounds as I avoid those like the plague.

Allskate
04-28-2010, 01:05 AM
PL, a lot of people with allergies (which can affect the voice) do not do well with air conditioning. They'd rather deal with the heat than the allergies.

Shania's 2004 Greatest Hits CD has gone four times platinum. The last certification was April 2008 so the sale might be nearing 5,000,000 by now. :D

And all of these songs actually were hits before she released the greatest hits album? Huh. Who knew. I didn't realize her career had lasted that long.

numbers123
04-28-2010, 01:06 AM
This really is going to be a trainwreck evening. Not that most of them haven't been.

soxxy
04-28-2010, 01:08 AM
Lee did well on Still the One, however he seemed to hit some odd notes here and there.