PDA

View Full Version : Bret Michaels, from Poison, Has Brain Hemorrhage

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

GarrAarghHrumph
04-23-2010, 11:07 PM
He'd just had an emergency appendectomy two weeks ago. Now he's in the hospital, in the ICU, in critical condition, with a brain hemorrhage:

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/bret-michaels-suffers-massive-brain-hemmorhage/39733?nc

bobalina77
04-23-2010, 11:25 PM
oh wow.. we just watched a Poison concert on TV a little while ago. How sad :(

skatesindreams
04-23-2010, 11:39 PM
What awful news! I hope that his condition is not as serious as first believed.
"Celebrity Apprentice" reveals him to be a tireless worker, caring advocate, and good father; as he deals with the challenges brought on by Diabetes.
(His charity on the show).

GarrAarghHrumph
04-23-2010, 11:55 PM
I've heard he's had what's called a subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH), which is bleeding at the base of the brain stem. About half the people with SAH die from it.

orbitz
04-24-2010, 12:01 AM
Scary stuff. I hope he pulls through ok.

He reminds me of Pam Anderson in a way. They're both usually prejudged by the public because of their pasts and by how they somtime choose to present themselves to the media; however, if you listen and look carefully at the numerous interviews that they've done over the years, you'll see that they both come off as extremely likable.

On a lighter note ... so the doctors would have had to shave his head bald to treat the hemorrage ? Yikes. Hair extensions are not cheap :)

zhenya271
04-24-2010, 12:05 AM
I've heard he's had what's called a subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH), which is bleeding at the base of the brain stem. About half the people with SAH die from it.

Wow, terrible news. I hope he is part of the other half.:( He has a really positive attitude judging from the article posted above.

BaileyCatts
04-24-2010, 12:16 AM
Was he in an accident or something where he struck his head? How does something like bleeding at the base of the brain stem just start to happen without striking your head or something like that? Honest question; how does that happen?

I hope he will be okay.

Karina1974
04-24-2010, 12:17 AM

Oh my. I had a hemorrhage myself, in the basal ganglia region, 5 years ago. I was lucky in that I made a complete recovery.

soxxy
04-24-2010, 12:36 AM
Bret was hit on the head hard by a piece of scenery on the Tony Awards last June (I'm sure the video is online), but I hadn't heard of serious problems at that time.

skatesindreams
04-24-2010, 12:56 AM
Some people have congenital malformations of blood vessels that begin to bleed without cause; so, it's hard to know what might have happened.
I hope that he is in the fortunate group that recovers from this.

GarrAarghHrumph
04-24-2010, 01:00 AM
It can be caused by a head injury, but nothing that's been printed indicates that he had such an injury. Instead, the articles state that he had a sudden and extremely severe headache.

Veronika
04-24-2010, 01:49 AM
He reminds me of Pam Anderson in a way. They're both usually prejudged by the public because of their pasts and by how they somtime choose to present themselves to the media; however, if you listen and look carefully at the numerous interviews that they've done over the years, you'll see that they both come off as extremely likable.

They were a couple at one point, and there was another tape...

"A second tape, which was made before the Tommy Lee tape, involving Anderson and musician Bret Michaels from Poison was later announced, and an abridged version of less than 60 seconds appeared on the internet. Frames of the video first appeared in Penthouse magazine in March 1998. The tape was successfully blocked by Michaels, but a four-minute sex tape is still available on the Internet."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pamela_Anderson#Personal_life

On a more serious note, I hope Bret recovers!!!

skatemommy
04-24-2010, 02:26 AM
The ravages of living with diabetes and the rocker lifestyle I'm sure have taken it's toll. That said I've always loved Poison and Bret and really hope and pray he recovers. This is really serious. Really serious.

Cupid
04-24-2010, 02:52 AM
Oh, I hope he survives this tragedy. One (my mom) in a week is all I can handle.

deltask8er
04-24-2010, 04:28 AM
How is a hemorrhage different from an aneurysm? (not that I really want to know :shuffle: ).

Bret Michaels is awake, in good spirits and talking ... TMZ has learned.

Ambre Lake, the Season 2 winner of "Rock of Love," tells TMZ she's spoken with people who are close to Bret who say he's stabilized and conscious.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/04/23/bret-michaels-stable-condition/

So he's still a contestant on Celebrity Apprentice?