PDA

View Full Version : Bret Michaels, from Poison, Has Brain Hemorrhage

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10

genevieve
05-05-2010, 11:03 PM
Latest from Bret himself:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100505/ap_en_tv/us_people_bret_michaels

Poison frontman Bret Michaels thought a burglar shot him in the back of the head when he suffered a brain hemorrhage last month that left him in intensive care for nearly two weeks....The outspoken 47-year-old contestant on NBC's "The Celebrity Apprentice" told People magazine that the subarachnoid hemorrhage "sounded like a handgun, like it literally popped."

Cloudy_Gumdrops
05-05-2010, 11:35 PM
Wow, that's really frightening. :yikes:

Best wishes to him for a full recovery. :)

Latte
05-07-2010, 12:24 AM
I was watching Extra last night about 2 in the morning and they said that Bret is now saying that he finally wants to get married to the mother of his children.
About time!
It seems that they have been living together for years, even during the three years of his dating show. Who says reality tv isn't real!:rolleyes:

kimkom
05-18-2010, 01:47 AM
Just bumping this up because Bret is appearing on Oprah(via Skype) on Wednesday for anyone who is interested...

Cupid
05-18-2010, 02:36 AM
Thanks, I'm setting my DVR for that one.:)

Maggie222
05-20-2010, 10:27 PM
BRET MICHAELS, BACK IN HOSPITAL AFTER SUFFERING WARNING STROKE KNOWN AS A TRANSIENT ISCHEMIC ATTACK

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100520/ap_en_tv/us_people_bret_michaels

ADMIN EDIT: Do not copy entire articles from other websites.

kimkom
05-20-2010, 10:34 PM
:eek: :eek: WTF! The fact that they don't think it's related to the brain hemorrhage is shocking...how much can a person bear in such a short period of time? :(

skatemommy
05-20-2010, 10:47 PM
NOoooooo :wuzrobbed Please Bret don't get cocky with your health. This is God's way of telling you to slow down and take it easy. No TV show is worth your health and life.

AragornElessar
05-20-2010, 10:55 PM
There's two ways to look at this. OMG what a horrible setback to his recovery (which it is, don't get me wrong) or...This might have been "the reason why" he was talking about w/Oprah yesterday as why all of this has happened. If it hadn't been for the original Hemmorage, would he have gone to the Hospital as quickly? Then due to that the doctors did all the tests needed to look for possible blood clots. That in turn, led to the discovery of the hole in Bret's heart.

Thank God that it's operable and not in a place in his heart they can't get to. It's a pretty big setback to his recovery, but at least it's something they can treat/fix. It also sounds that he's in the best of hands medical wise, which is also a very big thing.

Keeping him in my thoughts and prayers.

skatingfan5
05-20-2010, 11:02 PM
:eek: I watched his interview on Oprah last night and he seemed to be well on the road to recovery, all though he did say that he wasn't 100% yet and had issues with full strength/movement in his legs. I hope that he gets through the surgery without any complications and makes a full recovery. Still can't believe this news. :(

Latte
05-20-2010, 11:26 PM
He reallly didn't look too good on Oprah, you could tell he still was not well. It was filmed a few days ago. Before he had this latest setback.
She was talking to him on screen from Arizona, he did not make a trip to Chicago to be there in person.
Wow, I can't believe he has another problem now!:eek:

talulabell
05-20-2010, 11:38 PM
OMG!!! What the heck. Can all this really be treated as an outpatient?? And I'm no doctor, and this might be totally stupid, but should you give blood thinners to someone with a hole in his heart?

I'd be more worried about him returning to touring then to the Celeb Apprentice. Not that I think he should do either, but the Apprentice finale will be a lot of sitting at a table, talking.

Still... Brett... Rest! Take it easy!

Lacey
05-21-2010, 01:30 AM
He should take off 6-12 months and just veg out.

They should just make Celebrity Apprentice a tie between him and Holly, both win.

Can anyone tell me why he always wears a bandana? Is his hair a wig?

Cupid
05-21-2010, 02:01 AM
:eek: I watched his interview on Oprah last night and he seemed to be well on the road to recovery, all though he did say that he wasn't 100% yet and had issues with full strength/movement in his legs. I hope that he gets through the surgery without any complications and makes a full recovery. Still can't believe this news. :(

That's odd, I posted MY impression of Bret on Oprah and it's NOW gone, even after HOURS of no response until this new turn of events. It actually seemed to not interest ANYONE until he was at death's door again.

What is up with that? I'd like some explanation from whatever moderator removed it.

dbell1
05-21-2010, 02:06 AM
talulabell - you can do Lovenox as an outpatient, I was on it after my hysterectomy. Shots are freaking painful. I'm sure right now the last thing Bret wants to see is another hospital. Poor guy and his poor children having to go through another scare. :(