PDA

View Full Version : Bret Michaels, from Poison, Has Brain Hemorrhage

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Cyn
04-30-2010, 02:39 AM
I think he has pretty eyes but he has a rather round and pudgy face, IMO. Maybe it is just age because I didn't know who he was in his glory days. The eyes may only be so nice because of all the dark guyliner, haha.

ETA: I looked at some pics, it is definitely just his age. He did have beautiful bone structure when he was younger.

Look at this pic. He would have made one amazing drag queen. :lol:
http://api.ning.com/files/kbzCJdfD8E77txdNIVT6A8hGezqiBYI*bG3T*p4gmaLwMoMPR9 4zKjwFQk-Ja2VFMbk5C1NLU*hzffJEKeETL7TOaCkfQBoM/Bret23.jpg

Bret was involved in a pretty bad car accident in the early 90's that did a number on his face. I can't remember the extent of the injuries, but it definitely changed his facial structure and as a result, he lost a good bit of the girlie/androgynous look he had back when Poison's career first took off.

ETA: Here's the info about the car accident (quote from the Wikipedia Poison link below):

Recording was brought to an abrupt halt in May 1994, when Michaels was involved in a car accident where he lost control of his Ferrari. Michaels suffered a broken nose, ribs, jaw, and fingers and lost four teeth.

I was mortified and traumatized when they took the make-up off and I realized how ugly they all were! :drama:

No kidding!! :rofl: MTV made a huge deal about seeing "KISS!! Unmasked!! Finally!!" back when they did that, and everyone was :yikes: :scream: with how different they looked. On one of vh1's numerous countdown shows (I think it was The 40 Most Un-Metal Moments in Rock or something like that), the unmasking of KISS made that list :lol:

i was very young when "Look What the Cat Dragged In" came out and i seriously thought they were girls. http://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/poison/look_what_the_cat_dragged_in/

I was working at a record store when Look At What The Cat Dragged In was released - no one in Atlanta was really familiar with them at the time, and when we were putting out stock and came across that album cover, we were absolutely dying with laughter at the pictures of Poison's members on it. One of my coworkers peed her pants from laughing so hard and had to run home and change her skivvies and jeans :rofl: .

For some reason I have the original vinyl of that album with the questionable artwork (can't remember for the life of me why it was pulled). I'll put it on Ebay if someone is interested and NO I am not profitting from Bret's situation; I just remembered right now looking at that post.

That was the Open Up And Say Ahhhhhhh album cover. From Wikipedia's entry for Poison (Career Expansion: 1987-1991) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poison_(band)#Career_expansion_.281987.E2.80.93199 1.29):

The [Open Up and Say......Ahhhhhh] album's first cover was controversial, as it depicted a female demonic figure with an obscenely long tongue. A censored version of the cover followed, focusing on the figure's eyes

Personally, I didn't see anything really wrong with that album cover, but wasn't that during the timeframe when Tipper Gore had her thong in a knot over explicit rock videos/albums/lyrics? I was working at the record store I mentioned above when those stupid Parental Advisory labels had to be included on record and CD covers.

skatemommy
04-30-2010, 02:51 AM
I was working at a record store when Look At What The Cat Dragged In was released - no one in Atlanta was really familiar with them at the time, and when we were putting out stock and came across that album cover, we were absolutely dying with laughter at the pictures of Poison's members on it. One of my coworkers peed her pants from laughing so hard and had to run home and change her skivvies and jeans :rofl: .

That was the Open Up And Say Ahhhhhhh album cover. From Wikipedia's entry for Poison (Career Expansion: 1987-1991) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poison_(band)#Career_expansion_.281987.E2.80.93199 1.29):

Personally, I didn't see anything really wrong with that album cover, but wasn't that during the timeframe when Tipper Gore had her thong in a knot over explicit rock videos/albums/lyrics? I was working at the record store I mentioned above when those stupid Parental Advisory labels had to be included on record and CD covers.

Eys, Cyn you are right and it is the CD I think I have somewhere and not Vinyl. Your recollections of the 80's are better than mine, mine are somewhat hazy at best...but we had fun! Yes, Tipper was the bane of heavy metal music then...which band was "F*** Tipper" please help me with my 80's trivia!

Cyn
04-30-2010, 03:08 AM
Eys, Cyn you are right and it is the CD I think I have somewhere and not Vinyl. Your recollections of the 80's are better than mine, mine are somewhat hazy at best...but we had fun! Yes, Tipper was the bane of heavy metal music then...which band was "F*** Tipper" please help me with my 80's trivia!

"Fcuk Tipper Gore" was a track on one of Skid Row's albums (Ah, Skid Row.....the band with my favorite puking-on-shoes lead singer, Sebastian Bach :blah: ), but I can't remember the name of the album off the top of my head.

Why is it that I can remember so much of that kind of worthless trivial crap from the 80s but can't remember to grab some necessary item at the grocery store when I'm shopping to get items for a specific recipe? :lol: :wall:

bobalina77
04-30-2010, 03:19 AM
Because trivial crap from the 80's is much more fun than groceries :lol:

Badams
04-30-2010, 03:23 AM
Warrant had an "ode to tipper gore" on, was it "dirty, rotten, filthy, stinkin', rich"?

no..."Cherry Pie"

Cyn
04-30-2010, 03:24 AM
Because trivial crap from the 80's is much more fun than groceries :lol:

Too true!! :lol:

OT here, but back when the PRMC was on their witch hunt crusade against vulgar and inappropriate lyrics, they compiled a list of what they called the "Filthy Fifteen" - the songs they found most offensive and spurred Tipper and her Minions to take on the recording industry. Here's the list of the horrible songs that were corrupting the Youth of America (basically anyone in the US now aged 35-45 ):

1. Darling Nikki (Prince, for referring to sex and masturbation)
2. Sugar Walls (Sheena Easton, for sexual reference and innuendo)
3. Eat Me Alive (Judas Priest, for sexual lyrics)
4. Strap On Robbie Baby (Vanity - I think that' was the lead singer of Vanity 6, for sexual lyrics)
5. Bastard (Motley Crüe, for violence)
6. Let Me Put My Love Into You (AC/DC, for sexual lyrics)
7. We're Not Gonna Take It (Twisted Sister, for violence)
8. Dress You Up (in my love) (Madonna, for sexual references)
9. Animal (W.A.S.P., for foul language and graphic sexual lyrics)
10. High 'N Dry (Def Leppard, for lyrics about booze and drugs)
11. Into the Coven (Mercyful Fate, for references to the Occult)
12. Trashed (Black Sabbath, for lyrics about using drugs and booze
13. In My House (The Mary Jane Girls, for sexual lyrics)
14. Posessed (Venom, for lyrics about the Occult)
15. She Bop (Cyndi Lauper, for lyrics about masturbation)

Looking at that list, all I can do is :rofl:

That stuff is like a fricking Radio Disney playlist compared to songs today. I'm surprised 'ole Tipper didn't have an apoplectic fit when Luke Skywalker and the 2 Live Crew released their album, not to mention a lot of today's Hip-Hop, Rap, Metal, and Pop. What in the world would she think of Lady GaGa? :rofl:

skatemommy
04-30-2010, 03:39 AM
"Fcuk Tipper Gore" was a track on one of Skid Row's albums (Ah, Skid Row.....the band with my favorite puking-on-shoes lead singer, Sebastian Bach :blah: ), but I can't remember the name of the album off the top of my head.

Why is it that I can remember so much of that kind of worthless trivial crap from the 80s but can't remember to grab some necessary item at the grocery store when I'm shopping to get items for a specific recipe? :lol: :wall:

We must be the same age...I am 45 with an 11 year old tweener. My husband proposed to me at a Bon Jovi/Skid Row concert. God Bless Bret!

kimkom
04-30-2010, 04:15 AM
1. Darling Nikki (Prince, for referring to sex and masturbation)

I was just listening to that song yesterday....I still love it! :lol:

We must be the same age...I am 45 with an 11 year old tweener. My husband proposed to me at a Bon Jovi/Skid Row concert. God Bless Bret!

I saw Bon Jovi and Skid Row when they toured together too. Sebastien Bach had a great voice, and was very hot in the day, but now every time I see him I'll think of Cyn's poor shoes. :lol:

suep1963
04-30-2010, 04:33 AM
Flashback--my niece was 10 or 12, and her relatives in MO gave her Purple Rain for a birthday present because they knew it "has sold a lot, so must be popular"

My sister called me up and asked if I could suggest some albums of current music that wouldn't require having to explain "masterbating in a magazine" :rofl:

PDilemma
04-30-2010, 12:25 PM

My husband has it on vinyl with the original artwork. I had never seen it until Bret on Apprentice reminded him of it. I'm not getting what the big deal was, there are a lot more obscene things out there!

Cyn
04-30-2010, 01:26 PM

Marriage proposal while listening live to Bon Jovi and Skid Row.......feckin' priceless! :respec: :rockstar: (not to mention that sounds like it would have been one freaking awesome concert!llllllllllllllllll

Yup, you definitely pegged it....I turn 43 in a matter of hours, and I have a 13 year-old who turns 14 next week. For years she has rebelled against "Mom's music" because of course it's uncool at her age to like *anything* that falls into the "genre" of Mom and Dad music (even when it's light years better than most of the crap that passes for music these days).

Anything and everything music-related that I like was automatically added to the "hate" list without her even listening to any of it (hello, Pink Floyd? Metallica? Alice in Chains? Marilyn Manson? Nine Inch Nails? - all of those bands were deemed crap in her opinion, but Soulja Boy and a whole mess of hip-hop/rap artists recording clichéed, trite garbage more generic than Zoueva/Shpilband choreography is "better?" I. Don't. Think. So.) I got the last laugh, though, when her BFF informed MiniCyn that her mother (me) listens to "cool" stuff and that she needed to get over it :rofl: .

I saw Bon Jovi and Skid Row when they toured together too. Sebastien Bach had a great voice, and was very hot in the day, but now every time I see him I'll think of Cyn's poor shoes. :lol:

:rofl: The Sebastian Bach Shoe Incident is one I'll never forget as long as I live - I just wish that your memories of Skid Row/SebBach weren't tainted by my run-in with him in L.A.

Flashback--my niece was 10 or 12, and her relatives in MO gave her Purple Rain for a birthday present because they knew it "has sold a lot, so must be popular"

How long ago did she receive the Purple Rain soundtrack (which is undoubtedly one of the best and most iconic albums from the '80s). What's not to love about that group of songs?

My sister called me up and asked if I could suggest some albums of current music that wouldn't require having to explain "masterbating in a magazine" :rofl:

:rofl: I love it!!

Cupid
04-30-2010, 01:53 PM
The last Facebook Wall update said he's still in critical condition and that the first 7-10 days after the inital bleed are the most dangerous as it may recur. Today is the 7th day.

He's not out of the woods yet, but he's getting there. Let's keep Bret in our prayers and/or keep our fingers crossed.

skatemommy
04-30-2010, 01:53 PM
:(:(:(

most of the crap that passes for music these days).

Anything and everything music-related that I like was automatically added to the "hate" list without her even listening to any of it (hello, Pink Floyd? Metallica? Alice in Chains? Marilyn Manson? Nine Inch Nails? - all of those bands were deemed crap in her opinion, but Soulja Boy and a whole mess of hip-hop/rap artists recording clichéed, trite garbage more generic than Zoueva/Shpilband choreography is "better?" I. Don't. Think. So.) I got the last laugh, though, when her BFF informed MiniCyn that her mother (me) listens to "cool" stuff and that she needed to get over it :rofl: .

:rofl: I love it!!

:lol: Priceless! My DD loves Wii Guitar Hero and can spank Slash. Her fav band is REO Speedwagon. Caught a drumstick and a guitar pick - fan forever. Her dad has made sure she loves arena rock!

Andora
04-30-2010, 04:56 PM
I just saw the new Rush documentary last night and Sebastien Bach was in it, looking awful but showing what a fanatic he is. Made me think of this thread.

kimkom
05-01-2010, 03:42 AM
Bret Michaels at Top Facility in Arizona (http://www.tmz.com/2010/04/30/bret-michaels-arizona-hospital-barrow-neurological-institute/)

Bret's neurosurgeon, Dr. Joseph Zabramski, has also released a statement saying there's "no doubt" Bret's condition is "serious" ... but adds, "Bret's sheer will to live and fully recover is undeniable."

That attitude will do wonders for his recovery. Still cautiously optimistic. :)