PDA

View Full Version : Bret Michaels, from Poison, Has Brain Hemorrhage

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

kimkom
04-25-2010, 08:40 PM
Isn't the finale of Celebrity Apprentice done live? Even assuming Bret Michaels made it that far, what are the odds he could even participate?

Huh...you're right! I could be wrong, but I think they finished filming the actual season some time ago, but won't know who actually wins until the live finale.

mysticchic
04-25-2010, 09:32 PM
Update Brett had slurred speech, blurry vision and is dizzy
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE63M51E20100425

skatesindreams
04-26-2010, 06:30 PM
It's being reported that he's still in critical condition, and having tests to determine what caused the episode/stroke:
http://www.inentertainment.co.uk/20100426/bret-michaels-condition-update-and-official-medical-report/
http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Music/04/26/bret.michaels.injury.ppl/index.html

This news doesn't reassure me.
I hope that he makes the best possible recovery.

silverstars
04-26-2010, 06:37 PM
Donald Trump just made a statement (I guess that he's in the loop because of the Apprentice?) that said that his condition is looking pretty bad.

mysticchic
04-26-2010, 07:59 PM
Donald Trump just made a statement (I guess that he's in the loop because of the Apprentice?) that said that his condition is looking pretty bad.

Here's the link http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2010/04/26/2010-04-26_bret_michaels_brain_hemorrhage_prognosis_is_not _great_says_celebrity_apprentices.html

kimkom
04-26-2010, 08:15 PM
He's in "big, big trouble, and the prognosis is not great," Donald Trump told TMZ.com Monday.

I know there is a chance this could be true, but Trump has a history of being a little dramatic to get his name in the news. :shuffle:

I really hope that is the case this time. :(

Latte
04-26-2010, 09:57 PM
My cousin died of the same thing 3 years ago. She also was a lifelong diabetic.
Her husband told us her headache came on suddenly and she was screaming, it hurt so bad. She went into a coma on the way to the hospital and never woke up.
She died 3 days later. The doctor said this was common in diabetics.

Karina1974
04-27-2010, 12:13 AM
My cousin died of the same thing 3 years ago. She also was a lifelong diabetic.
Her husband told us her headache came on suddenly and she was screaming, it hurt so bad. She went into a coma on the way to the hospital and never woke up.
She died 3 days later. The doctor said this was common in diabetics.

I'm so sorry. :(

That's how it comes on - one minute everything feels fine, and the next, you feel like your head is in a vice. A very tight vice.

Cyn
04-27-2010, 03:12 AM
The situation with Bret Michaels bums me out. Sure he was a total horndog on Rock of Love (still one of the most :rofl: trainwrecks of reality TV), but he's basically a good guy and a hard worker, and he adores his kids.

I also have a soft spot as he and Bobby Dahl lived in the same apartment complex I lived in in 1988, and Susie Hatton and I (who was living with him there at the time) used to hit Sunset together every night.

kimkom
04-27-2010, 03:17 AM
I also have a soft spot as he and Bobby Dahl lived in the same apartment complex I lived in in 1988, and Susie Hatton and I (who was living with him there at the time) used to hit Sunset together every night.

In the 80's? Really? You must have some great stories! I would love to have been you! :rockstar:

Cyn
04-27-2010, 03:27 AM
In the 80's? Really? You must have some great stories! I would love to have been you! :rockstar:

:lol: I would hardly go that far, babe.

It was back in 1988 - Bret and the rest of Poison were actually on tour a good bit of that time, and Susie had recently filmed the video for "Fallen Angel." She, myself, and two other girls hit the scene on Sunset pretty hard that summer - lots of appearances at Rainbow, Gazzari's, and the Whisky by random glam/metal rockers at night (my favorite story was my run-in with Sebastian Bach, who puked on my feet in the middle of a bar one night and was a total, arrogant prick about it :rolleyes: ).

As for Bret, I can say ( :lol: ) that I've been in his apartment (sadly though, when he wasn't in it). The main things I remember about it was that it was on the top floor with vaulted ceilings, VERY modern and contemporary, and all of the furniture was black, grey, and white, with framed gold records on the walls :lol: .

Decent guys, though, if you can get past the groupie-worship and their enormous egos (and the alcool and drugs - good god, the alcool and drugs). At one point they were trying to hook me up with Bobby Dahl, and I wasn't having any of it as I was convinced I would catch some disease :yikes: :scream: .

Good times back then, though. Lots of interesting memories.

kimkom
04-27-2010, 03:33 AM
I remember reading "I'm With The Band" and wanting to be Pamela Des Barres. I thought it was so unfair that I was born in northern Canada when it was my destiny to be a groupie. :rofl:

Now that I'm (much) older...:yikes: and :scream:

Cyn
04-27-2010, 01:29 PM
Prognosis of Full Recovery for Bret Michaels, but Danger Still Remains.... (http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Wellness/bret-michaels-prognosis-full-recovery-dangers-remain/story?id=10482682)

From ABC News......

Gypsy
04-27-2010, 01:33 PM
Just keeping him, his family and friends in my thoughts and prayers for a full recovery!

Cupid
04-27-2010, 02:56 PM
What's taking so long to find the source of the bleed? The longer it takes, the worse the prognosis? It just seems that they should have located it by now.