PDA

View Full Version : Administrative Professional's Day

Pages : [1] 2 3

Cupid
04-21-2010, 12:16 PM
To all concerned: Happy Administrative Professional's Day!

What has been done in your "honor" today! :)

We are ordering in pizza.

Aceon6
04-21-2010, 12:50 PM
Over the last few years, our shop has canned all the admins except those supporting senior management. We're having a wake in their remembrance.

MOIJTO
04-21-2010, 01:19 PM
Haha! I didn't know there was a day to honor those of us that keep lives in order! :)

Holley Calmes
04-21-2010, 01:30 PM
I always told my husband that I could be very successful too if I had a wife and a secretary.

Aussie Willy
04-21-2010, 01:50 PM
Is this another term for Secretary's Day?

Whatever it is, it is a good excuse for cake at work.

Cupid
04-21-2010, 01:53 PM
Is this another term for Secretary's Day?

Whatever it is, it is a good excuse for cake at work.

Yes, I think the name was changed from that to encompass more staff, such as clerks, office managers, etc. They didn't want to be left out of the celebrations!

dbell1
04-21-2010, 03:32 PM
Boss is taking us to lunch. It's at her friend's restaurant. Company picks up the tab. It's 1 1/2 hours of listening to how bad her life is while she tries to pry office gossip out of us. So far today, there have been 10 emails from her to 'all of us'. 1 was on how great we are, the rest were 'reminders' to share our work and work smarter, not harder. :wall:

Company I worked at before this also did something for admins. HR was in charge of it. I was there 3 weeks when one of the girls walked up and went "I don't want crappy flowers or candy again, I want money." :eek: She was the most subtle of them. The others would email me lists of what they felt was appropriate, with a sliding scale suggested for tenure. Wonder how the princesses are doing there these days with the recession. :P

Cupid
04-21-2010, 04:13 PM
That's terrible, DBell1. Some people ruin it for everyone else by being greedy like that. It's the thought that counts.

Last year, the entire staff was taken to lunch, admins and professional staff as well. This year, lunch is being provided in the office (pizza). People didn't seem to happy with that turn of events.

However, my boss gave me a nice card with a dinner certificate to my favorite restaurant, and told me to keep it on the down-low from the others so there's no hard feelings. Supposedly, he said that gifts/going out to lunch on holidays, etc., was frowned upon here. I have never heard of it.

Andrey aka Pushkin
04-21-2010, 04:14 PM
Really? :confused:

I thought this was a joke holiday made up by the Dilbert comics!

zaphyre14
04-21-2010, 04:18 PM
I provide support for nine engineers (ten, if you count the Dept. Head) in four locations and I get squat for recognition. :wall:

There was a female engineer who used to round up the guys and pry money out of them for flowers but she's long gone and no one else remembers. :wuzrobbed

Cupid
04-21-2010, 04:18 PM
Really? :confused:

I thought this was a joke holiday made up by the Dilbert comics!

You obviously don't work in an office?:lol:

Cupid
04-21-2010, 04:19 PM
I provide support for nine engineers (ten, if you count the Dept. Head) in four locations and I get squat for recognition. :wall:

There was a female engineer who used to round up the guys and pry money out of them for flowers but she's long gone and no one else remembers. :wuzrobbed

Don't feel bad, I completely forgot about Boss's Day last October. Guess I'll have to remember it now that I got something from him!:lol:

Andrey aka Pushkin
04-21-2010, 04:37 PM
You obviously don't work in an office?:lol:
I do, moreover, I've been a system administrator for (combined) 4 or 5 years.
Have never heard about such things :confused:

allezfred
04-21-2010, 04:40 PM
The only place I've ever heard about this "holiday" is on FSU. And yes, I work in an office. :lol:

Gypsy
04-21-2010, 04:55 PM
Where I work now, (I work in a state/government office.) I get Nada. Not even a thank you! (which is all I would really like)