PDA

View Full Version : Woman barred from Disneyland for dressing up like a princess

Pages : 1 [2] 3

essence_of_soy
04-22-2010, 12:07 AM
But if you were evil you would have to wear the Wicked Queen costume. It really is quite easy to tell who is good and bad.

She'd be more than welcome to borrow my Wicked Queen costume. Wearing it is the only way I can get a seat on the train to work each morning.

hydro
04-22-2010, 12:10 AM
I believe it's all Disney parks. You have to be 9 or under to wear a costume unless you're an employee.

Seems pretty reasonable.

myhoneyhoney
04-22-2010, 04:40 AM
Disneyland's costume guidelines (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/help/detail?name=ThemeParksFAQPage#qa10)

I like it, makes it a bit safer IMHO. I shudder to think of pedophiles dressing as Mickey Mouse just so kids will run to them and give them hugs.

icedance21
04-22-2010, 05:07 AM
But if you were evil you would have to wear the Wicked Queen costume. It really is quite easy to tell who is good and bad.
:rofl:

Skittl1321
04-22-2010, 01:50 PM
Well if they have standard guidelines it makes sense- disappointing that the woman was told otherwise (possibly) over the phone ahead of time.

I've often see Mom's in princess-style ballgown dresses at events with their daughters (who are usually full out disney princesses) it makes it more fun for the kids. This woman wasn't trying to look like a Disney princess, just enjoy the day with her daughter.

But it's smart for Disney to have safety guidelines.

So non-violent costumes, huh? Does that mean little boys can't dress up as pirates? Pirates are as big for disney as princesses are. Mickey is meaningless in today's world.

berthesghost
04-22-2010, 02:14 PM
Please, this is really about her wearing a wedding dress that wasn't from Disney's princess wedding dress line! :lol:

http://jezebel.com/324338/marriage-is-not-a-fairy-tale

Lucy25
04-22-2010, 03:17 PM
I think I am more stunned that the woman in that picture is 36 (or 35 - the article says both). When I first saw the pic without reading the article, I thought she was the girl's grandmother.

danceronice
04-22-2010, 03:43 PM
Please, this is really about her wearing a wedding dress that wasn't from Disney's princess wedding dress line! :lol:

http://jezebel.com/324338/marriage-is-not-a-fairy-tale

Ah, the bitter angry girls of jezebel.com....As a Disney shareholder, I say more power to the Disney wedding line, plus if the average rate for a gown from it is $1100 it's WAY more sensible than some of the couture prices! Talk about pressure to buy into the fairy tale--a $10k dress isn't any better than the Disney Princess line just because it has a designer tag on it. (And really, is there any difference between playing dress-up princess and actually following fashion trends obsessively? Besides one not requiring you to update your wardrobe every six months because emaciated hags at Vogue say so?)

And I agree with most posters, it's a sensible rule. When you have that many kids running around you need to know who's really an employee. Plus, Disney has VERY harsh rules for employee conduct, especialy for the costumed characters. They don't want anyone running around that might be presumed to work for them who could do something embarassing or dangerous.

bobalina77
04-22-2010, 04:40 PM
I don't think that wanting to look like a princess on your big day translates into not understanding what marriage is about. I've seen some of the dresses.. they're quite pretty and $1100 isn't bad for a wedding dress. I've seen dresses for 10 times as much on Say Yes to the Dress haha.

MOIJTO
04-22-2010, 09:45 PM
Some people just need to get a grip! :lol:

Ziggy
04-23-2010, 03:44 AM
See that story just confirms what I knew all along.

Disney = fascists

Aussie Willy
04-23-2010, 02:30 PM
See that story just confirms what I knew all along.

Disney = fascists
Hey Ziggy - here is a clip just for you. It was on a TV show here many years ago where some young film makers Raced Around the World making short documentaries. One of them visited Disneyland.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2mMehK3cy8

Ziggy
04-23-2010, 05:26 PM
If I ever go to Disneyland, I am totally coming in drag in a frilly pink dress and I'm suing for discrimination if they don't allow me in. :drama: :P

PeterG
04-23-2010, 10:04 PM
Where else are you meant to go these days if you want to be a princess!

Therapy?

Autumm_wind
04-23-2010, 10:13 PM
Where else are you meant to go these days if you want to be a princess!

I thought you were a figure skater! :drama: