PDA

View Full Version : For those of us here who are Royalty fans and also love to drool at their jewelry...

AragornElessar
04-21-2010, 04:23 AM
I came across this site the other day and I'm still going through it. Thought the rest of us who are also interested in the Royals and their jewels would also enjoy looking through it too.

The Dutch Royal Jewels ~ The Historic Jewels of The House of Orange-Nassau (http://royaldutchjewels.nl/)

It's not just pictures of the various female members of the Dutch Royal Family wearing the various pieces, but the history behind each piece is also up over there. It's just been fascinating to look through the last couple of days.

Enjoy!! :)

skipaway
04-21-2010, 04:49 AM
Very cool! They have alot, couldn't they just share one with me? I'm not picky.

mysticchic
04-21-2010, 07:24 AM
Pretty cool. I would have a hard time deciding what to wear.

AragornElessar
04-23-2010, 01:32 AM
Very cool! They have alot, couldn't they just share one with me? I'm not picky.

So long as it's not the Diamond and Fire Opal Set, then go for it. That's my birthstone, so if you'd want to share that one, there could be problems.

;) :D

I do love the Sapphire Parure though. Especially the tiaras. The design is so unusual and gorgeous.

ChelleC
04-23-2010, 04:32 AM
Oh, I'm going to have fun looking at this. :D

BTW, I'll take the emerald parure, since that's my birthstone.

MOIJTO
04-23-2010, 12:52 PM
Aren't most hand-me-downs? :D

barbk
04-23-2010, 04:31 PM
I like the aquamarine parure. The necklace looks quite compatible for modern day less formal wear, though the tiara could pose a bit of a challenge.

Still, as jewels go, I think I'd just rather have a pint or so of the rubies from the big crystal punch bowls full of them in the Topkapi Palace.

Twilight1
04-23-2010, 05:49 PM
I would be all about the tiara's lol! ;)

LadyNit
04-23-2010, 08:21 PM
LOL...I'm merrily browsing the inventory but now the web site won't open.

hmmmm...did a flood of FSU jewel lovers crash the site with all our paging around?

AragornElessar
04-23-2010, 08:56 PM
I also posted the link yesterday to an LJ community for a group of us who are trying to keep up the spirits of a friend of all of ours who is battling terminal cancer. She's a Royalty fan too, so knew she'd adore going through this. Especially since she's in hospital right now thanks to a sinus infection. Judging from the reaction I got from her to my posting of the link last night, I'm glad I thought of it. :)

So it might not only be FSU jewelry/Royalty fans who flooded the site and brought it down. ;) He might also be updating it. I've noticed he's pretty good and quick about that. Any pictures you see over there of HRH Crown Princess Maxima wearing the second and smaller tiara from the Sapphire Parure, the earrings and the brooch on a sleevless off the shoulder gown that's got blue flower "clusters" on white background? That's from last weekend's Dinner and Dance at the one Palace in Denmark during the Celebrations for Denmark's Queen Margrethe II"s 70th Birthday.

Just how quick is the guy that runs this site? All of those pictures were in the sections for their respective jewels only a few hours after the pictures were released.

So maybe the reason for the site being down is due to him updating it? Maybe?

Oh and MOJITO, yes they're hand me downs, but I don't think there's one person here that would turn those hand me downs, down!! :D