PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Bass Guitarists?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Jot the Dot Dot
04-21-2010, 12:56 AM
First on my list: Geddy Lee from Rush. Next: Jack Bruce from Cream. Noel Redding from the Jimi Henrix Experience. Actor Gary Sinise also plays a mean Bass.

Prancer
04-21-2010, 01:17 AM
Victor Wooten, Bootsy Collins, James Jamerson, Larry Graham, John Paul Jones.

PrincessLeppard
04-21-2010, 01:23 AM
Billy Sheehan was amazing in Talas (? I think? They were around in the 80s...it's been a long time...), Mr. Big and the David Lee Roth Band.

Steve Harris of Iron Maiden.

Um, that's all I can of at the moment....

KHenry14
04-21-2010, 01:31 AM
Ooh, a subject close to my heart...

I love Chris Squire of Yes. Listen to the bass line in Roundabout and tell me I'm wrong.

John Entwistle of the Who. Truly incredible playing. Try The Real Me off of Quadrophenia to get a good idea.

Verdine White of Earth, Wind and Fire. Listen his playing of September he pushes the band's sound.

Peter Cetera of Chicago was an excellent bassist in the early years of the band.

nubka
04-21-2010, 02:03 AM
Paul McCartney
Michael Anthony
Nikki Sixx

Jot the Dot Dot
04-21-2010, 02:04 AM
Ooh, a subject close to my heart...

I love Chris Squire of Yes. Listen to the bass line in Roundabout and tell me I'm wrong.

Also the second part of "I've Seen All Good People"

GarrAarghHrumph
04-21-2010, 02:47 AM
Do not laugh at me. John Taylor from Duran Duran. And I mean that quite sincerely. Funky, bad ass bassist.

I also like Flea from the Chili Peppers. Kim Deal from the Pixies. Justin Chancellor from Tool. Jaco Pastorius. He's sort of a bass-playing god. Muzz Skillings from Living Colour. And a lot of the bassists from the funk bands of the 1970's, including the guy who played for KC and the Sunshine Band.

uyeahu
04-21-2010, 02:58 AM
I'm going to vote for Jeff Ament from Pearl Jam but it's almost solely based on my 20+ year crush on him. He's a pretty good bass player too I guess. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jnQ3XVXMyk&feature=player_embedded)

genevieve
04-21-2010, 03:06 AM
Do not laugh at me. John Taylor from Duran Duran. And I mean that quite sincerely. Funky, bad ass bassist.

:respec:

I would add Flea, Bootsy Collins, Mike Watt (the Minutemen, fIREHOSE), and Sara Lee (from Gang of Four and the B-52s), Bernard Edwards (Chic...think the bass line from "Good Times"), many more....I love the bass

Aussie Willy
04-21-2010, 03:49 AM
Okay don't know his name but I love the guy from Muse's bass lines.

My favourite bass line in a song of the moment is "Where did all the love go" by Kasabian. Kicks in half way through the instrumental section of the song.

Jot the Dot Dot
04-21-2010, 03:55 AM
Okay don't know his name but I love the guy from Muse's bass lines.

My favourite bass line in a song of the moment is "Where did all the love go" by Kasabian. Kicks in half way through the instrumental section of the song.

Christopher Wolstenholm.

Charlini
04-21-2010, 04:18 AM
From Led Zeppelin - John Paul Jones :cheer2:

falling_dance
04-21-2010, 04:51 AM
John Entwistle

tracylynn
04-21-2010, 06:03 AM
Verdine White of Earth, Wind and Fire. Listen his playing of September he pushes the band's sound.

Totally agree!! Ever seen him in concert? He just moves and groves throughout the show. He has more stamina than the other members of EWF.

I would also add:
John Taylor of Duran Duran
Flea from the RHCP
John Entwiste of The Who
Michael Anthony of Van Halen
Guy Berryman of Coldplay (he's just too damn good looking to ignore. LOL)

mysticchic
04-21-2010, 06:11 AM
I am really impressed here! The musical knowlege of this board is amazing! I have to add Roger Glover to this