PDA

View Full Version : Milosovici, Amanar, Gogean, which had the best career?

Pages : 1 [2]

Quintuple
04-22-2010, 02:15 AM
And I certainly am not going to tip the voting one way or the other. Of course if we just do the math, there's not much to vote on. When I was a kid in '92 I was really, really excited about Gogean (based on seeing her at '92 Euros, and was disappointed not to see much at the Olympics), but right away her gymnastics got boring. Amanar I'd always watch because of her big skills and lightness, but actually even from the beginning I was never a Milo fan. I felt that she got the upper hand from the judges over better gymnasts many times. The big one is that I felt Onodi should have been sole winner of gold on both VT and FX at the '92 Olympics.

Loves_Shizuka
04-22-2010, 09:04 AM
Milo was the most likeable - and also the most overrated. Some of her scores (post 92) are a bit :eek:
Gogean was my favourite of the three (I don't know why, I just really took to her) but never quite had "it". I can't believe she went from having a Suk to the most awful bars of any of the top gymnasts. I liked her beam though.
Amanar had the most impressive skills but I was TOTALLY bored by her.

These ladies were fantastic gymnasts and atleltes, who earned amazing success, but they had nothing on Silivas or Dobre IMO.

Btw, slightly OT, but I've heard from a few different places that Milo and a few other Romanian gymnasts were in some kind of topless movie - or something - anyone else heard this??

briancoogaert
04-22-2010, 10:02 AM
Milo is definitely my favorite, even if her presence was worse and worse over the years.
She had the most exciting behavior in her early years and her grumpy face from 1993 to 1996 !
The finest and most elegant would be Gogean, but boring robot.
The strongest in term of skills and abilities was probably Amanar. And she looked really nice.

But hey, Milo is the one with a Gold at every event (except the AA). Gold at Olys on FX and VT, Gold at Worlds at BB and UB.
Amanar doesn't have any Gold at BB and Gogean at UB (but are both gold medalist at AA) ;)

Loves_Shizuka
04-22-2010, 04:54 PM
^Yea, what was up with Milo; she was like a cheery breath of fresh air in 92; from then on she looked ... less so. ;)

briancoogaert
04-27-2010, 11:07 AM
But to be fair with Milo, she had to be the leader of the Romanian team from 1993 to 1996. I think she did a very good job to her team. And I have the feeling that she had to forget her personal achivements to let Gogean and Amanar shining in 1995 and 1996.

judgejudy27
05-10-2010, 03:12 PM
But to be fair with Milo, she had to be the leader of the Romanian team from 1993 to 1996. I think she did a very good job to her team. And I have the feeling that she had to forget her personal achivements to let Gogean and Amanar shining in 1995 and 1996.

I think that is what might have happened. IMO Milo's all time peak was the 94 Worlds. She should have won the AA and several event finals at those Worlds had she performed to her potential but she choked a bit. At the Team Worlds she showed what she was capable of and killed everyone individually, that is the performance she should have given at the 94 individual Worlds instead as the Romanian team didnt even need it. The final 2 years of her career she was really overshadowed by Gogean and Amanar it seemed, though she somehow managed to stay competitive in the AA still.