PDA

View Full Version : DWTS 4/19-20: At the Movies

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27

Jayar
04-21-2010, 08:47 PM
Pamela being in the bottom two is my fault. I didn't vote for her this week because Niecy scored so low, and I sent her all of my votes. There are FOUR dancers who I like on the show (and one I just want to lick a little bit), and I am having trouble voting for the right one each week. Having said that, I want Ochocinco gone next week, and then the Bachelor the week after or the other way around. Who cares? Just don't let Pam or Niecy go for another couple of weeks.

I think Pam's issue this week was that the music really didn't fit a good recognizable quickstep. But I agree with folks who believe that she is going to get a career boost out of this. I loved her on her Fox sitcom, and would be amenable to watching her in another one... I do wish that sometimes we would see a little more of the real Pam, who I think is the confident woman who speaks in the back stage interviews. The sex kitten act is costing her votes!

Good riddance, Katan. You will NOT be missed... even by the FSU Hausfraus ;)

Rob
04-21-2010, 08:59 PM
I voted for everyone except Kate this week. Now I'd prefer to see Bachelor and Ocho before any of the remaining ladies. Evan and Nicole must stay to the end!

pixie cut
04-21-2010, 09:19 PM
Evan and Nicole must stay to the end!

I'd be shocked if that didn't happen. I'd be totally shocked if Evan was eliminated unless he absolutely screwed up. Nicole, I'm not so sure. Obviously, she can dance, but does she have the Dancing-watching and voting fan base?

danceronice
04-21-2010, 09:24 PM
I'd be shocked if that didn't happen. I'd be totally shocked if Evan was eliminated unless he absolutely screwed up. Nicole, I'm not so sure. Obviously, she can dance, but does she have the Dancing-watching and voting fan base?

IAWTC. Especially if she's not careful about the "I'm an artist" kind of comments. Not only is that snotty, but way to remind everyone who the ringer is.

Garden Kitty
04-21-2010, 09:32 PM
I'd be shocked if that didn't happen.

I hope you're right, but I worry about him and the samba.

rfisher
04-21-2010, 09:43 PM

The judges and Derek should keep her to at least the top 4. After that, it's up to the audience. The audience took Kelly all the way to #3 last fall and Donny FTW over Mya. The judges can take them to the quarter finals, but after that they'll lose if they don't have audience support.

Bruno likes Jake and will keep scoring him high. They don't like 85, but they may be afraid he's going to squash them, so it's iffy which will go first.

I'm splitting future votes between Pam and Evan.

Nan
04-21-2010, 10:01 PM
Actually the judges have....she's gotten quite good scores from them. Apparently, it's the audience who is not voting for her.

True. For some reason I keep thinking it's the judges, but it's not, is it?

pixie cut
04-21-2010, 10:10 PM
I hope you're right, but I worry about him and the samba.

If he pulled off the rumba, which is so slow and sexy, he should nail the samba. It will be his first fast Latin dance -- I'm not counting the jive -- so I suppose he's untested, but I think he'll be fine. I just hope they get decent music.

marigold
04-22-2010, 06:31 AM
Pam was interviewed on Virgin Radio here in Vancouver this week and said that voting was actually open to Canadians! I'm going to be a homer and vote for her from here on out. I am pleasantly surprised by her and think that she deserves to make top four along with Evan, Nicole and Erin. :)

deltask8er
04-22-2010, 05:07 PM
Chelsea Handler trying to get Erin and Maks to admit to :grope: last week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtxggaMnzfA

orbitz
04-22-2010, 05:20 PM
I don't want to see Nicole make the final. I don't buy any of her crying or claiming that the training is so hard during the fluff pieces. She's basically a pro already. The judges complimenting her is like telling MK that she's not a bad skater, LOL.

MarieM
04-22-2010, 05:22 PM
Maks is HOT. Whoohoo !

dbell1
04-22-2010, 05:23 PM
Pamela being in the bottom two is my fault. I didn't vote for her this week because Niecy scored so low, and I sent her all of my votes. There are FOUR dancers who I like on the show (and one I just want to lick a little bit),

Um - who's your potential lickee? :P

Cheylana
04-22-2010, 05:31 PM
Late to the thread as usual, but still giving my thoughts. Mostly FF'd through the results show, so commenting on Monday's show:

LOVED Evan and Anna! Wasn't smoldering but it was very sweet. Would have liked to see Evan look at Anna a bit more during the routine, but much better than I expected. And Evan's personality is very endearing! I liked his joke about doing a rumba step while skating - he made a funny! :) I hope he wins. He's starting at a high level, but there's room for improvement, which means he can have the improvement arc the DWTS producers seem to crave!

The "Arteeest" works my nerves but her dance was pretty good. Didn't seem 10-worthy but it was marginally better than Evan's so I guess I'm ok with it.

Niecy is working my nerves a little bit. She needs to expand her vocabulary beyond "thick girls" and "jiggly parts." I agree with Adam C, it's wearing thin! But I still love Louis so they can stay. :)

Pam doesn't seem to have much of a devoted fanbase, but that's not surprising considering most voters are women who won't easily cotton to her sex kitten act. Nevertheless, her dancing is pretty good. Hope she can at least outlast Jake and 85. Speaking of whom...

Jake in his underwear... blech, gross, ewww. And then they gave it the encore! :duh: Seriously, who is voting for him???

85's hold was atrocious. The music didn't help matters much, though.

Aww, Kate, don't go away mad... just go away!

purple skates
04-22-2010, 06:17 PM
Is it wrong to admit that I've been throwing votes 85's way (85 is much easier than trying to remember how to spell his name :lol:) just because I like looking at him?