PDA

View Full Version : DWTS 4/19-20: At the Movies

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27

Cupid
04-21-2010, 04:17 PM
Wow, I'm a little surprised Kate's fans didn't support her after her saying how her children looked forward to seeing her dance every week. I thought for sure she'd be getting the votes after that. I felt a little bit sorry for her after the elimination, she never looked happy to begin with when it started and I think she was in over her head. Some people just can't grasp dancing/coordination. I'm sure she has some other good attributes, but they are not dancing.

Hope that Pamela gets good choreo/costumes from here on out. That was almost disasterous for her. I do think Pamela lit up when Karianne said she could picture her on Broadway. This could be the start of something new for her!

Garden Kitty
04-21-2010, 04:26 PM
I felt a little bit sorry for her after the elimination, she never looked happy to begin with when it started and I think she was in over her head. Some people just can't grasp dancing/coordination. I'm sure she has some other good attributes, but they are not dancing.

There have been a number of people who can't dance, who still come off looking ok. Most people improve their image on this show, but IMO, she came off looking worse than before, and the reasons have little to do with her dance skills.

pixie cut
04-21-2010, 04:34 PM
I certainly didn't expect Kate to dance as well as Nicole Scherzinger. I did expect her to dance as well as Steve Wozniak. She seemed so totally miserable and watching her made me miserable. SO glad her "fans" didn't save her AGAIN. :D

BittyBug
04-21-2010, 05:09 PM
Kate's issue wasn't her dancing, but her pathetic "I'm a victim" attitude. Buzz couldn't dance to save his life, but he still managed to be charming and gracious. Kate, in contrast, was just a whiner.

Aceon6
04-21-2010, 05:29 PM
Kate's issue wasn't her dancing, but her pathetic "I'm a victim" attitude. Buzz couldn't dance to save his life, but he still managed to be charming and gracious. Kate, in contrast, was just a whiner.

Even her fans must have been turned off. Can you imagine how long she could have stayed in if she started with "Oh, wow. I am really in over my head and don't have a clue what Tony's telling me. I have a LOT of catching up to do" then worked her ass off?

LuckyCharm
04-21-2010, 05:32 PM
Even her fans must have been turned off. Can you imagine how long she could have stayed in if she started with "Oh, wow. I am really in over my head and don't have a clue what Tony's telling me. I have a LOT of catching up to do" then worked her ass off?

Definitely the finals.

orbitz
04-21-2010, 06:10 PM

Well hopefully her handlers and family will tell Kate how bad she came across in those DWTS fluff pieces so that she can at least pretend to be little Ms. Sunshine when a camera is in her face :)

There's the usual stereotype that all women have a natural grace about them, but I have to say that Kate "danced" like she was a truck driver being forced into a dress for the very first time, LOL. I think her inability to forget that million of eyes were on her while she danced stiffened her up considerably. In a way Kate taking up dancing reminds me of adults who decide to take up figure-skating and then compete and/or do exhibitions out on the ice. Many of them move with the exact same stiffness, counting the steps and deer-in-the-headlight way that Kate was doing.

sk8er1964
04-21-2010, 06:44 PM
In a way Kate taking up dancing reminds me of adults who decide to take up figure-skating and then compete and/or do exhibitions out on the ice. Many of them move with the exact same stiffness, counting the steps and deer-in-the-headlight way that Kate was doing.

I disagree 100% with this. I can't think of one person that I've seen in a skating competition who started as an adult who looks like Kate did. I've seen adults in learn to skate - who probably don't keep doing it beyond a session or two - who do, but not competitors.

Nan
04-21-2010, 06:53 PM
I'm happy to see Kate gone and wish the judges would notice Pamela's good qualities, I didn't expect to like her so much.

barbk
04-21-2010, 07:16 PM
The chip on Kate's shoulder really dragged down everything she did, and the whine was grating. There have been so many others who've come to the show before her with not one whit of talent, but at least you could see that they tried. I'd never seen her on tv or video before DWTS, but it didn't take more than the first show to convince me that I really, really intensely disliked her. I can't imagine watching a whole show centered around her, and I'm sorry for her kids.

soxxy
04-21-2010, 07:19 PM
I'm happy to see Kate gone and wish the judges would notice Pamela's good qualities, I didn't expect to like her so much.

Actually the judges have....she's gotten quite good scores from them. Apparently, it's the audience who is not voting for her.

barbk
04-21-2010, 07:48 PM
If you haven't seen these hidden gem pictures from this week's DWTS, take a look -- they're cute!
http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/04/20/dwts-your-hidden-gems-of-week-5/

Bev Johnston
04-21-2010, 07:48 PM
I disagree 100% with this. I can't think of one person that I've seen in a skating competition who started as an adult who looks like Kate did. I've seen adults in learn to skate - who probably don't keep doing it beyond a session or two - who do, but not competitors.

I don't disagree 100% - I've seen some pretty awful stuff in competitions, particularly in lower level ISI categories. HOWEVER - most of these adults will see themselves on video, hate what they see, and then work their butts off to improve. That's the big difference here. Kate never did anything to improve her dancing or persona. It was the same old, same old week after week.

pixie cut
04-21-2010, 08:40 PM
I don't disagree 100% - I've seen some pretty awful stuff in competitions, particularly in lower level ISI categories. HOWEVER - most of these adults will see themselves on video, hate what they see, and then work their butts off to improve. That's the big difference here. Kate never did anything to improve her dancing or persona. It was the same old, same old week after week.

Kate has been fed a diet of her own fabulousness. When you regularly grace the cover of People magazine, what possible motivation do you have to change? She clearly believes she's a big star and if she changes her star status might fade.

sk8er1964
04-21-2010, 08:46 PM

True. Adults skaters have that work ethic that Kate didn't.

(I haven't seen ISI - mostly USFS pre-bronze and up - so maybe I've just missed it)