PDA

View Full Version : DWTS 4/19-20: At the Movies

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27

Simka
04-21-2010, 04:51 AM
I want a poster of Maks with a black silk open shirt and rolled up sleeves (with appropriate wind effect) ..... on the ceiling of my bedroom.

I'll take one of those! And pretty please, one just like it of Dmitry?

Beefcake
04-21-2010, 05:12 AM
Here we go again. It's like some weird version of Godwin's Law -- wherever there's a pretty celeb whose fans perceive her as being treated unfairly, the old "they're just jealous!" meme gets trotted out. :rolleyes: Maybe the "housefraus" just happen to like other dancers better.
:wall: O. M. G. Or maybe I was totally frukking kidding? Others on other boards may not be kidding, I dunno, and perhaps housefraus "do" have a challenge warming up to Pam.

But my post, complete with faux histrionics, was obviously not serious. For chrissakes, this is a cheesy DANCE show ... perfect fodder for fake drama to amuse ourselves. :D

:drama: And here I paid the ladies here that nice compliment.

kwanfan1818
04-21-2010, 06:42 AM
A guy who blogs as "knightrider" on Open Salon cracked me up with this summary:

Evan Lysacek

Evan danced the Rumba to “I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing” from Armageddon. Not only is he dancing on this show, but he spent the week on tour with “Stars on Ice,” traveling across the country to skate at new venues every night. And, we didn’t hear one peep from him about exhaustion. Or one excuse about why he couldn’t get it all done. Are we learning anything here, Kate? Are we starting to understand why people become good at things?

http://open.salon.com/blog/knightwriter/2010/04/20/dancing_with_the_stars_recap_-_the_price_of_mediocrity

mysticchic
04-21-2010, 07:06 AM
Oh thanks goodness Kate is gone!

lise
04-21-2010, 07:38 AM
is this available on youtube to watch? I would love to see that moment!

rfisher
04-21-2010, 11:35 AM
:wall: O. M. G. Or maybe I was totally frukking kidding? Others on other boards may not be kidding, I dunno, and perhaps housefraus "do" have a challenge warming up to Pam.

But my post, complete with faux histrionics, was obviously not serious. For chrissakes, this is a cheesy DANCE show ... perfect fodder for fake drama to amuse ourselves. :D

There, there Beefy. We understand. It doesn't matter if Pammy is in the B2 as long as she's not the one going home. :D She can B2 her way to the finals.

soxxy
04-21-2010, 12:21 PM
is this available on youtube to watch? I would love to see that moment!

Here's the big moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tJ4KmpB7lA

Bruno made a pretty strong pitch for Pam. He said it wasn't right she was in the bottom two; she and Damian will really need to go for it next week.

Aceon6
04-21-2010, 12:40 PM
85 and Jake for the bottom 2 next week, then we can get dancing!

Wyliefan
04-21-2010, 02:05 PM

I apologize for misunderstanding your post. As I said, I've seen the old jealousy trope used in total seriousness many, many times -- too many times to know when someone is just joking about it, I guess.

I suppose you should take it as a compliment that you were so convincing a joker. :) Truce?

Rob
04-21-2010, 02:50 PM
Thank goodness sanity prevailed.

lise
04-21-2010, 03:37 PM
thank you for the link!

kwanfan1818
04-21-2010, 03:45 PM
I just read that Dovolani coached Jennifer Lopez for the movie "Shall We Dance?" Maybe they thought he was the only one since Nick Kosovich who could deal with Gosselin, although Gosselin might have quit after a week with Kosovich.

Garden Kitty
04-21-2010, 03:56 PM
I also agree with tarotx's comment that Damian's lack of fan base and realtive blah-ness is hurting Pam. Whereas Erin is getting a boost from Maks's popularity.

danceronice
04-21-2010, 04:00 PM
I just read that Dovolani coached Jennifer Lopez for the movie "Shall We Dance?" Maybe they thought he was the only one since Nick Kosovich who could deal with Gosselin, although Gosselin might have quit after a week with Kosovich.

Tony, Karina, and Nick were all involved in "Shall We Dance" (and Tony and Karina actually had speaking roles--Karina with her old nose is Link's partner who gets into a fight with Bobbie and runs from the room when Link loses his wig; Tony has a relatively large part as the suave evil guy who gets DQ'd at the big competition.) Also appearing was Mya, and yes, she danced some Latin for it (hence my calling her a serious ringer when she was on.)

I suspect that J.Lo, who might be a diva, but is still a performing artist, at least understood when her coaches for the film said "No, do it like this." Kate was just like..."I don't get it, why do I have to do this, can't I just..." It's just annoying that Shannon, Buzz, and Aiden, all of whom put more effort into sitting in the celebrequarium than Kate did into her entire time, all went before she did.

Carolla5501
04-21-2010, 04:04 PM
I missed this week...

However, I can now go back to watching... Whiny "Saint" Kate is gone..... YEAH!