PDA

View Full Version : US Team Envelope Assignments 2010-2011

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

haribobo
05-07-2010, 07:47 PM
Mirai was 4th at Olympics and still not in the highest tier? Sheesh. Weird rules. I/B- you gotta be kidding me, after his comments at Nationals, USFS should just ban his cranky a$$

sk9tingfan
05-07-2010, 08:28 PM
Mirai was 4th at Olympics and still not in the highest tier? Sheesh. Weird rules. I/B- you gotta be kidding me, after his comments at Nationals, USFS should just ban his cranky a$$

It appears to a certain extent that these envelopes have been fashioned to reflect the relative accomplishments of certain skaters and not others :P

pinky166
05-07-2010, 09:14 PM
It appears to a certain extent that these envelopes have been fashioned to reflect the relative accomplishments of certain skaters and not others :P

Not really - there are specific criteria that have to be met to receive certain levels of funding. 4th at the Olympics is awesome but it's not a medal and thus Mirai stays in Team A tier 2

Tammi
05-07-2010, 09:25 PM
Castile/Okolski and Navarro/Bommentre are not listed in Team B - Tier One (the envelope they qualified for) so they must have officially notified USFS that they are retiring/not competing in 2010-11. Ditto for Bebe Liang, who is not listed in Team C - Tier One.This press release summarizes retirements, splits and coaching changes during the off season, http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=44593&type=media . :fragile: over the split of Tracy Tanovich & Michael Chau.

query5
05-07-2010, 09:29 PM
on the usfsa website-they have a write up about who is retiring/changing coaches and dissolving partnerships.
that might have clear up some questions regarding assignments and such.

tarotx
05-07-2010, 09:30 PM
Yuka and Alissa :)

sk9tingfan
05-07-2010, 09:44 PM
Really sad to see that Tracy and Michael split up, but we knew that that was coming; it was just a matter of time. We'll see how Yuka will do with Alissa, but I can't imagine that she will be able to crack that nut.

Most interesting of all is the fact that Leah Keiser, the reigning US Novice Champion who is only twelve and won't be 13 until mid-September is switching to Frank Carroll. This young lady has oodles of potential and is really a sweet kid. :) I can't wait to see how she does this year.

fan
05-07-2010, 09:53 PM
Really sad to see that Tracy and Michael split up, but we knew that that was coming; it was just a matter of time. .

why?

TanithandBenFan
05-07-2010, 09:55 PM
This press release summarizes retirements, splits and coaching changes during the off season, http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=44593&type=media . :fragile: over the split of Tracy Tanovich & Michael Chau.

Surely, that must be a typo in the release where it says Becky Bereswill is skating with Fedor Andreev. Isn't she skating with Trevor Young? Fedor's a little busy with the La Khok drama. :lol:

sk9tingfan
05-07-2010, 09:56 PM
why?

Because Michael is only about 5'4" and Tracy was beginning to outgrow him. It was only a matter of time before she did so. The next question is, who will be her new partner?

Debbie S
05-07-2010, 10:03 PM
:fragile: over the split of Tracy Tanovich & Michael Chau.Sad, but not surprising. I wonder if Michael will seek a new partner or just pursue singles.

It will be interesting to see what Yuka can do with Alissa. I hope Alissa has a good season.

Frank Carroll is getting busy. :)

Surely, that must be a typo in the release where it says Becky Bereswill is skating with Fedor Andreev. Isn't she skating with Trevor Young? Fedor's a little busy with the La Khok drama. :lol:I interpreted that to mean that Fedor was coaching her. I guess he's a multi-tasker? ;) But yeah, I was under the impression she was skating pairs with Trevor....but maybe not. :confused:

Tammi
05-07-2010, 10:06 PM
Surely, that must be a typo in the release where it says Becky Bereswill is skating with Fedor Andreev. Isn't she skating with Trevor Young? Fedor's a little busy with the La Khok drama. :lol:Hmm, it's listed under the coaching changes and doesn't mention that she's now skating pairs. Does Fedor coach (in between the reported drama in his life ;) )?

Sylvia
05-07-2010, 10:08 PM
I interpreted that to mean that Fedor was coaching her. I guess he's a multi-tasker? ;) But yeah, I was under the impression she was skating pairs with Trevor....but maybe not. :confused:
AFAIK, Bereswill is planning to continue in singles (she will be starting college at the University of Michigan this summer). I don't believe she has officially announced a new partnership (yet).

Debbie S
05-07-2010, 10:10 PM
AFAIK, Bereswill is planning to continue in singles (she will be starting college at the University of Michigan this summer). I don't believe she has officially announced a new partnership (yet).Oh, OK, thanks. Does anyone know if Trevor has found a new partner? From his Twitter, it sounds like he's training again.

TanithandBenFan
05-07-2010, 10:36 PM
AFAIK, Bereswill is planning to continue in singles (she will be starting college at the University of Michigan this summer). I don't believe she has officially announced a new partnership (yet).

Ahh, thanks for the clarification. When I saw Johnny Johns, I just assumed pairs, which I guess sounds like it could still be a possibility. :)