PDA

View Full Version : Skate Canada 2010 - UPDATE: Kingston, ON

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16

jlai
05-04-2010, 03:32 AM
I've just checked. Flying to Kingston for me is more expensive than flying to Paris or Moscow. Ouch.

I'm either going to be stingy and go to Portland or I'm saving up big for a GP in Beijing or Paris for my Thanksgiving or Christmas vacation. Kingston? No thx

beebee
05-04-2010, 12:28 PM
If anyone has the presale code and can pm it to me, I'd much appreciate it. Thanks!

pat c
05-04-2010, 02:24 PM
I've just checked. Flying to Kingston for me is more expensive than flying to Paris or Moscow. Ouch.

I'm either going to be stingy and go to Portland or I'm saving up big for a GP in Beijing or Paris for my Thanksgiving or Christmas vacation. Kingston? No thx

It's more expensive to fly domestically in Canada. (shrug) Right now, to fly to Kingston would cost me $1100, or $250 for Portland. Hmm........;)

skate4fn
05-04-2010, 03:59 PM
A friend of mine just heard there was a pre-sale on Wed May 5th & asked me for a password. Does anyone know anything about a pre-sale& PW?

arena_gal
05-04-2010, 06:20 PM
Some Skate Canada members got an email with the special code and password. I say some, because I was the only member of the family to get one, but then I'm the only one over 18 so maybe they filtered out the young'uns. We've all got our emails in the database.

It's also available on members only. You'd need a membership number and password from someone.

skate4fn
05-04-2010, 06:31 PM
Some Skate Canada members got an email with the special code and password. I say some, because I was the only member of the family to get one, but then I'm the only one over 18 so maybe they filtered out the young'uns. We've all got our emails in the database.

It's also available on members only. You'd need a membership number and password from someone.

Thanks. I was a coach & had an ID & PW- but no longer so will just wait until public on-line sales on Thursday

beebee
05-04-2010, 07:02 PM

In prior years, you needed a Skate Canada membership number and password to get the presale password/code but not to use it to buy tickets. In the past, I've had the code pm'ed to me by FSUers. For the last two years, it's also been posted on some of the blogs that specialize in divulging presale codes and passwords, but not so far this year (maybe tomorrow).

So, if anyone has the presale code/password, you can pm it to fellow FSUers (hint, hint)

Sally1214
05-04-2010, 10:05 PM
So, if anyone has the presale code/password, you can pm it to fellow FSUers (hint, hint)

beebee, if you have any luck getting that code/password, could you please PM it to this fellow FSUer???

Susy
05-05-2010, 03:37 AM
I would love the presale password if anyone feels generous!

luckiest1
05-05-2010, 01:46 PM
Yeah, I'd love the password too. :)

Erica Lee
05-05-2010, 03:53 PM
Don't hate me, but I think it's a shame when an organization tries to provide a bit of a "perk" for the people that actually have a stake in that organization and then that perk is essentially nullified by people giving out the password to non-members. Maybe it's SC's fault for not having a more secure way to do it, but still.

waddlercu
05-05-2010, 11:03 PM
I just hope good seats are still available when tickets go on sale to the general public. After booking hotel and travel arrangements, I see why people are tempted to "work the system" to get good seats! It's kind of frustrating to be shut out.

I know, I know... life ain't fair :violin:

Really
05-06-2010, 03:35 AM
Don't hate me, but I think it's a shame when an organization tries to provide a bit of a "perk" for the people that actually have a stake in that organization and then that perk is essentially nullified by people giving out the password to non-members. Maybe it's SC's fault for not having a more secure way to do it, but still.I agree. It's a *member* perk -- if you want the perk, then become a member. Yes, I've ordered tickets at the pre-sale -- when I was a member of Skate Canada. No way was I giving my log-in information or any password to anyone. If enough of that happens, that sounds like a sure-fire way to get the whole pre-sale program scrapped.

pat c
05-06-2010, 03:43 AM
I've benefitted from membership as well.

To be an associate member of a skating club doesn't cost very much.
As so many comps seem to be in Ont these days, it's damned nice not to have to get up at the crack of dawn to order tix, and it's nice to be able to order say 6 and have them all together so you can sit with your friends. Something that is damned near impossible to do thru ticketmaster.

(shrug)

quebecoise
05-06-2010, 05:09 PM
For people who are not members of Skate Canada, I just checked which seats I can get for fun(I won't buy tickets yet anyway) and it doesn't seem like the best tickets are available yet, so don't panic if you don't have the code. I suggest you to call Friday instead of buying them by internet. You will have more choices.