PDA

View Full Version : Superstars on Ice 5/18-19 near Chicago (Hamilton, Bradley, Rippon, Sandhu, Wagner...)

Pages : 1 [2]

taf2002
05-21-2010, 03:38 PM
It sounds like a fun show but the title is a little misleading. Most of these people aren't stars, much less superstars. I don't even know who Jason Brown is. But I enjoyed the review, so thanks.

maureenfarone
05-21-2010, 10:22 PM
Jason is the 2010 Jr. Mens champion. He's from the Skokie FSC so I imagine he was invited because of the local connection. I saw him in Spokane and he is a light, lyrical skater. Didn't have a 3A at Nationals, but was quite pleasant to watch.

RockTheTassel
05-21-2010, 11:26 PM
It sounds like a fun show but the title is a little misleading. Most of these people aren't stars, much less superstars. I don't even know who Jason Brown is. But I enjoyed the review, so thanks.

All of these events have cheesy names. Tickets wouldn't exactly get sold if it were titled "Okay but not Extraordinary Skaters on Ice". :P

Thanks for the review, Seabm7. Sounds like it was a good show. I would have loved to see Adam, Ashley and Ryan.

Melissa
05-24-2010, 06:21 AM
There is a video of Kimmie performance of I've Got a Feeling on youtube and she looks excellent. For somebody who has not competed in over a year and has hardly performed, she looks pretty solid. Her double axle was huge and her spin was much better than its been. The spin was faster and much more centered. Good for her. I hope she can make a big comeback next year. Oh and its so good to see her with good choreography!!!

Sylvia
05-25-2010, 11:28 PM
There is a video of Kimmie performance of I've Got a Feeling on youtube
Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dpe3qlVkPHE

2 more home videos from the 5/19 show:

Adam Rippon's "Are You Gonna Be My Girl": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcSG-veD2Q8

Scott Hamilton with Dan Hollander: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V6-b8uci20

McWicked
05-26-2010, 04:08 PM
Kimmie doesnt look fit enough for a comeback yet *sigh*

pinky166
05-26-2010, 09:35 PM
I was at the show. My general impression was:

Kimmie - she only did double axels and doubles and was a bit slow, but she really sold her programs and seemed to be having fun. she still looked really strong and muscular so I don't know if that is helping or hurting her skating but she appeared to be injury free.

Rippon, Wagner, Hamilton were all great, skated very well given the time of year it is.

Christina - she was great! looks to have grown a few inches since the fall but certainly can still jump. she attempted difficult combination jumps in her numbers and they looked solid and fully rotated. she's so cute and is starting to look more grown up and less colt-ish :).

Alexe - i really liked her skating, i had never seen her live before, but she was fun to watch. in one of her numbers she was having some issues with jumps, but in the other she hit them and when her jumps are on they are beautiful. she is beautiful too, and so tall compared to the other girls!

Ryan - his jumps looked really good, you wouldn't know his foot was broken. entertaining as always, love him :D.

There were some other skaters I wasn't familiar with but they were good for the most part. Overall a very nice show.

Sylvia
05-27-2010, 04:18 PM
Thanks for sharing your impressions! According to people I know who attended the shows, Gao mostly did triple toes (including a 3T+3T attempt in the 2nd show) and Meissner landed some nice triple toes in practice.