PDA

View Full Version : Khokhlova/Novitski - current status & future plans?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

blue_idealist
04-24-2010, 02:52 AM
Quick question: Why did Attila Elek leave Nora Hoffman, or why did she leave him?

piano18
04-24-2010, 03:08 AM
:cheer:

TAHbKA
04-24-2010, 07:17 AM
Quick question: Why did Attila Elek leave Nora Hoffman, or why did she leave him?

I think it was about the (lack of) funding

daisyculver
04-24-2010, 09:04 AM

The situation was like this:
He broke his ankle at 2007 Euros and needed about 4 months to heal it. Somewhere in May he got to know that Nora flew to Canada to have a try out there. She told Attila nothing about it, but when she came back they had a conversation and decided to split. Probably, Nora thought that everything would be nicely arranged in Canada, moreover in the conversation with Elek she declared her opinion about their prospects: to medal is unlikely because of little height difference, choreography problems etc. Attila started looking for a new partner and was offered to skate with Loren Galler-Rabinowitz. For Nora it didn't work out in Canada, she came back, but Attila already was with the new partner. For some reason, Nora still thought that they had not split and was furious that Elek "betrayed" her. They had a nasty conversation and their relationship was definitely over after that.

Ziggy
04-24-2010, 02:38 PM
Nice summary, thanks. :)

You forgot to add how the Galler-Rabinowitz/Elek partnership did not work out because she weighed roughly three times as much as him.

:EVILLE:

daisyculver
04-24-2010, 04:00 PM
Nice summary, thanks. :)

You forgot to add how the Galler-Rabinowitz/Elek partnership did not work out because she weighed roughly three times as much as him.

Really? :lol: She lost weight so much in 2006, I thought she was light, but noboby knows for sure. :)
I just heard that there were problems with the Israeli Figure Skating Federation, that's why Galler-Rabinowitz/Elek variant didn't work out. But there was little info on that.

Jana must be easy to lift, though :)

Little Princess
04-24-2010, 04:42 PM
Now Elek and LaKhokh would be quite a :smokin: combo.

But well...any other news on Kh/N?

kwanfan1818
04-24-2010, 05:34 PM
Hungary allows dual citizenship (http://www.huembwas.org/Consul/ENG/classical_cases/citizenship.htm). I think Khoklova and Elek would look beautiful together.

Ziggy
04-24-2010, 06:38 PM
Hungary allows dual citizenship (http://www.huembwas.org/Consul/ENG/classical_cases/citizenship.htm). I think Khoklova and Elek would look beautiful together.

Yep, I definitely vote for Khoklova/Elek. Would be great to see the rivarly between the old partners.

daisyculver
04-24-2010, 06:50 PM
Yep, I definitely vote for Khoklova/Elek. Would be great to see the rivarly between the old partners.

Oh, mamma...It would be hot! :argue: :drama:

Little Princess
04-24-2010, 06:51 PM
and well..Elek hasn't competed for a long time, so there would be no ban, right?

Finnice
04-24-2010, 06:55 PM
And Elek has experiences on skating with a Diva (while I actually think that La Khok is a very nice girl). And sorry to all, I misunderstood Jana´s and Sergey´s relationship in Helsinki Europeans. They apparently were not an off-ice couple.

Ziggy
04-24-2010, 09:42 PM
And Elek has experiences on skating with a Diva (while I actually think that La Khok is a very nice girl).

Well apparently Jana is quite a biatch!

Eislauffan
04-24-2010, 10:29 PM
And Elek has experiences on skating with a Diva (while I actually think that La Khok is a very nice girl). And sorry to all, I misunderstood Jana´s and Sergey´s relationship in Helsinki Europeans. They apparently were not an off-ice couple.

AFAIK they never were a couple off the ice, but they were always good friends. She was very supportive of him when his injury problems started.

blue_idealist
04-26-2010, 01:11 AM
So Nora just expected Elek to wait around and see if she was going to skate with a Canadian guy (who I just remembered was Lief Gislason?!) and not look for a new partner himself? She DOES sound like a diva. She and Zavozin seem happy skating together though.

I don't really know about Jana's personality, but it always seems she has a bitchy look on her face. Btw, where did the 'La Khok' nickname come from?