PDA

View Full Version : Khokhlova/Novitski - current status & future plans?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Ziggy
04-17-2010, 10:12 PM
Khoklova has already had tryouts with Deividas Stagniunas and Fedor Andreev.

Neither of them have worked out and she's going back to Russia.

I wonder what the future holds for her. I can't think of any Russian partners that would be suitable for her.

She is very short and that's a big problem. Another obvious issue is finding somebody near her level, it's not like there are hordes of guys who can match her ability.

Asli
04-17-2010, 10:57 PM
Khoklova has already had tryouts with Deividas Stagniunas and Fedor Andreev.

Neither of them have worked out and she's going back to Russia.

What about Daniil Barantsev? I know he is skating with his wife, but that competitive career is over now and a fantastic skater like Daniil could have an immediate chance of success at the Euros and Worlds with Yana. They would match well physically too.

If Stanislav Morozov has volunteered to retire so that Tatiana Volosozhar could fulfill her potential with another partner, couldn't Jennifer Wester "release" Daniil too? It could mean terrific coaching opportunities for both of them in the long run.

bek
04-17-2010, 11:00 PM
What about Daniil Barantsev? I know he is skating with his wife, but that competitive career is over now and a fantastic skater like Daniil could have an immediate chance of success at the Euros and Worlds with Yana. They would match well physically too.

If Stanislav Morozov has volunteered to retire so that Tatiana Volosozhar could fulfill her potential with another partner, couldn't Jennifer Wester "release" Daniil too? It could mean terrific coaching opportunities for both of them in the long run.

I thought of Daniil too. The only thing is who would they skate for? Does Daniil still have Russian citizenship...And I doubt the Russian federation would release Yana.

Asli
04-17-2010, 11:05 PM
I thought of Daniil too. The only thing is who would they skate for? Does Daniil still have Russian citizenship...And I doubt the Russian federation would release Yana.

Why should Daniil have lost his Russian citizenship? :confused:

Anyway, maybe he's happy with his life as it is. :)

bek
04-17-2010, 11:15 PM
Why should Daniil have lost his Russian citizenship? :confused:

Anyway, maybe he's happy with his life as it is. :)

Isn't he possibly an American citizen now, can he keep Russian citizenship if he becomes a citizen of another country? (These are questions I don't know...)

casken
04-18-2010, 12:47 AM
I would think that Barantsev might be viewed as too old and past his prime.

I was going to suggest Sergei Magerovskiy, but he's even older.

Can Russia start importing partners now? :lol:

DORISPULASKI
04-18-2010, 02:07 AM
To recap: Fedor is coming back to skate men's singles for Canada; Fedor is going to skate pairs with Jenny, country tbd; Fedor is going to skate men's singles for Azerbaijan; Fedor is going to skate ice dance with Janna, country tbd.

I guess the logical next step in his career is to skate ladies singles, country tbd.

Does Ben Agosto want to continue competing ;)

Domshabfan
04-18-2010, 04:05 AM
Isn't he possibly an American citizen now, can he keep Russian citizenship if he becomes a citizen of another country? (These are questions I don't know...)

i think Russia and US both allow dual citizenships. So when a Russia skaters acquires US citizenship he/she will not have to loss their Russian citizenship.

I think all people like Anastassia Liukina and Denis Petukhov all have dual citizenship.

It is when countries like Japan who do not allow dual citizenship, when the problem arise, as in Yuko's case. in this case, Japan could have a made an exception of allowing her to have hold on to her Japanese citizenship (she was trying to do this and Japanese govt. does allow it under special circumstances) and gain Russian citizenship, but that did not happen. for this reason she had to lose her Japanese citizenship.

Penniless Rostrum
04-18-2010, 07:09 AM
Dear Jana; here are a few fellow Russians you could try out with (it sure would be fun for us if you did!) Arkadi Sergeev 24 years, Dmitri Kiselev 21, Andrei Maximishin 26, Ivan Shefer 27, Maxim Bolotin 28, . Maybe these Canadians would do? Liam Dougherty 26, Spencer Barnes 24, Lief Gislason 27, Is there any proof positive that K&N have retired ? I sure would like to know for sure. What about B&A, D&S Rus, F&S, K&K, N&B , I wish they would all retire , ah that was nasty, sorry.

Domshabfan
04-18-2010, 08:04 AM
Dear Jana; here are a few fellow Russians you could try out with (it sure would be fun for us if you did!) Arkadi Sergeev 24 years, Dmitri Kiselev 21, Andrei Maximishin 26, Ivan Shefer 27, Maxim Bolotin 28, . Maybe these Canadians would do? Liam Dougherty 26, Spencer Barnes 24, Lief Gislason 27, Is there any proof positive that K&N have retired ? I sure would like to know for sure. What about B&A, D&S Rus, F&S, K&K, N&B , I wish they would all retire , ah that was nasty, sorry.

Dmitri kiselev is now competing for Czech Rep. so he is not an option. Ivan shefer will be even bigger liability than Novitski. maxim bolotin seems to be coaching according to this Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmnZ6cwtYt0).Sergeev probably is available but Maximishin is very unlikely considering he and her had competed together before.

Well most of the teams you want to see no more are either taking a year off (D/S), retired (N/B, B/A)or very likely to retire next one or two years (K/K, F/S).

IneZR
04-18-2010, 08:55 AM
Hei, how about Vitali Novikov? Or is he too tall for Jana? Also, Attila Elek? I know this sounds kinda crazy, but there MUST be some partner out there for Jana. I can't believe that Russian Fed. would let their best female ice dancer retire due to the lack of partner.:wall:

Ziggy
04-18-2010, 08:58 AM
Hahaha Jana is so tiny height wouldn't be an issue with Elek. I would so totally love to see them team up (obviously not gonna happen but would be so cool!).

Eislauffan
04-18-2010, 10:04 AM
Daniil Barantsev told me a while ago that Jana was offered to him as a partner when his partnership with Natalia Romaniuta ended, but he declined, he felt she was too short. Anyway, I don't think he would be keen on resuming a competitive career with a new partner.
Andrei Maksimishin has retired and as posted above, he was partnered with Jana before she skated with Sergei (obviously, this doesn't mean that a partnership wouldn't work out).
Arkadii Sergeiev has retired AFAIK and I think he wouldn't be strong enough for Jana.

There are really not many good male ice dancers above junior age available right now in Russia.

pani
04-18-2010, 10:48 AM
Maksimishin was Yana patner before Novitsky

daisyculver
04-18-2010, 01:30 PM
...Also, Attila Elek? I know this sounds kinda crazy, but there MUST be some partner out there for Jana. I can't believe that Russian Fed. would let their best female ice dancer retire due to the lack of partner.:wall:

A very interesting idea :) There will be no problems with height difference for sure. Elek is coaching now, but he always wanted to continue competing, just couldn't find a partner.