PDA

View Full Version : Khokhlova/Novitski - current status & future plans?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25

Tak
05-10-2010, 06:17 AM
On V/M's official site, Andreev is listed as one of their coaches:

:eek : This just gets weirder and weirder to me all the time - if he never trained as an ice dancer, how can he coach ice dancers? For Jana's sake I'm hoping this means he can dance but I'm really just :confused: , and kind of worried about the future.

Ziggy
05-10-2010, 03:43 PM
Ever since seeing that, I've wondered in what way he could possibly be coaching an elite ice-dance team.

Mommy has put his name there to fill out his CV? :P

Willowway
05-10-2010, 03:47 PM
Ziggy - I think you may be right.

cheriepopo
05-11-2010, 05:41 AM
The above video just says average to me.

And he's not even handsome.

I am totally :huh: about the whole huge fanbase thing.

Oh thank you, I used to think I was the only one here who didn't get it:lol:

Ituriel
05-21-2010, 09:19 PM
Is Andreev in Moscow?

http://twitpic.com/1pmld1

Ziggy
05-22-2010, 02:55 AM
Is Andreev in Moscow?

No, he's blown away by a poor quality mobile phone picture somebody has shown him. :P

Twizzler
05-22-2010, 03:09 AM
Oh thank you, I used to think I was the only one here who didn't get it:lol:

Count me in as another one who doesn't get it. :lol:

Valentina
05-22-2010, 03:58 PM
Is Andreev in Moscow?

yes, he psoted another pic of Moscow.

This means thta Rissian fed have something to talk...about the new partnership...I kind of excited to see if this is true or not :wall:

Fashionista
05-22-2010, 06:40 PM
yes, he psoted another pic of Moscow.

Hm, last pic was made outside of Moscow. Is he on dacha?:wideeyes:
:lol:

DORISPULASKI
05-22-2010, 08:01 PM
Did Jana ever try out with Butikov?

SwingDancer
05-23-2010, 03:29 PM
I for one am VERY VERY excited about this partnership. In recent years Fedor's work ethic and dedication to his training has drastically improved, even Brian Orser said so.

They are going to look so beautiful together, and are really going tocause a stir in Sochi.......now where did I put my passport and where is Siberia she si going to flip more like twirl when she hears this!

screech
05-23-2010, 04:26 PM
I disagree. Someone who has had his modest achievements might coach little kids while competing. But here someone mentioned him coaching at a much higher level and in a discipline in which he has no achievements or credentials. I think something's wrong with the report perhaps - misheard, misreported, something off. If indeed he is assisting Mom or Johnny Johns, I hope he is humble enough to operate within his limitations. It has seemed to me that for a while Fedor has gotten opportunities that are not commensurate with his talent or work ethic.

I know my aunt was a Tech Rep (basically organizer/head judge) at a Canadian sectional event a couple of years ago and Fedor was there representing his mother. He didn't have the credentials to be in the skater area with his students, however after some phone calls to Skate Canada, it was worked out that he would be allowed. He does have coaching experience, but not high level stuff (officially). Unofficially he has probably done a lot of work helping out, but just hasn't gotten his levels.

One thing I'm a bit worried about is how his back will hold up with lifts - wasn't his back the reason he and Jenny stopped with pairs? I know the lifts are different and he has been doing better, but still.

And on a side note, I was watching Enchanted a few days ago, ever since I found out he was an extra in it I always see only him when the guys on the rollerblades come out during the 'How Does She Know' musical number in the park.

caseyedwards
05-23-2010, 05:59 PM
I thought Kirk/Andreev broke up because of citizenship issues.

OlieRow
05-23-2010, 08:50 PM
One thing I'm a bit worried about is how his back will hold up with lifts - wasn't his back the reason he and Jenny stopped with pairs? I know the lifts are different and he has been doing better, but still.

That was my first thought or second after the whole "he's never competed dance before" thing. Just looking at how injuries played such a big role the past 2 seasons in dance - Agosto's back, Max's knee, Isabelle's shoulder, Tessa's legs - it's pretty clear that the sport has become incredibly physically demanding under the COP.

They are going to look so beautiful together, and are really going tocause a stir in Sochi.......

Sochi? No offense, but we haven't seen anything from them and you're expecting them to cause a stir in Sochi? There's a lot of time for things to happen before then and a whole slew of young, talented, Russian teams looking to earn those spots.

Willowway
05-23-2010, 09:46 PM
OlieRow - you said it re: them competing in Sochi. There is nothing to judge in terms of ice dance so far so unless Russia has absolutely nothing else to offer, I don't see them as any sort of factor in Sochi - at least not yet. A top level ice dancer is not built in a day or a year or several years. And if an ice dancer could be built quickly (and who better to know the chances against that but his mother) that skater would have to start with incredible edge control which is not, from what I've seen, Andreev's strength - his footwork is pretty weak and forgettable. I don't expect much - actually I don't even expect the pairing to last until Sochi. Maybe I'm wrong.