PDA

View Full Version : Khokhlova/Novitski - current status & future plans?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25

Tak
05-07-2010, 01:20 AM
Yana wanted to leave her training environment.
In Moscow there aren't any doors open for her to train, So going looking else where was a reasonable choice.

Well in that case I hope she will be happier with S/Z in the US. I really appreciate her as an artist, so I hope this works out for her. I will keep my fingers crossed.

Changing the subject - does anyone else think Tchakenko was crazy not to dance with Yana? Maybe their personalities clashed or something - I don't know - but how much potential does the team R/T have? What are the chances they they will even make the World team? Werent they only 4th or 5th at this year's nationals?

I personally thought they were a good match - although R/G were my favorite jr team and I wish they had stayed together - but there are only 2 slots for Worlds next year. One of them I'm sure will be I/K. The Russian Fed seems to have decided to back B/S for the other. Where does that leave R/T? And there's also G/B and R/S.

All things considered, I think Tchakenko's best chances are with Yana.:wall::wall: [Unfortunately, he doesnt see it that way :( ]

casken
05-07-2010, 02:36 AM
^^^^

I've been wondering exactly this for a while. He must *really* love skating with his current partner, becuase I don't see them being in the top 2 in Russia in the next 4 years.

Tak
05-07-2010, 05:06 AM
I'm thinking maybe he just *really* loves his current partner?;)

~tapdancer~
05-08-2010, 01:02 AM
Okay, I may be late on this news but I saw this sentence in an article on icenetwork:

Other U.S. skaters making a coaching change include 2008 Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final champion Becky Bereswill, who is leaving Houston, Texas, for Canton, Mich., to train with Fedor Andreev and Johnny Johns;

So, is Fedor planning to be a competitor and a coach? It all sounds kinda fishy...

Tak
05-08-2010, 02:39 PM
Okay, I may be late on this news but I saw this sentence in an article on icenetwork:

So, is Fedor planning to be a competitor and a coach? It all sounds kinda fishy...

???? ITA - that just doesnt make any kind of sense to me. Could it be a misprint?

OlieRow
05-08-2010, 03:22 PM
I know some of the older skaters coach a little on the side, but I'd imagine he'd be too busy playing catch up to actually be listed as the coach of a fairly high level skater...

miffy
05-08-2010, 07:20 PM
Maybe he is going to partner Jana in Dance and Becky in Pairs. :lol:

Ziggy
05-08-2010, 10:52 PM
A lot of skaters coach as well as train in order to make ends meet.

Valentina
05-09-2010, 10:03 PM
so...how is the situation here? I read in the other topic thta they are already doing choreo. I really want to see how this two look together !

GarrAarghHrumph
05-09-2010, 10:13 PM
A lot of skaters coach as well as train in order to make ends meet.

Yes - almost all of the "older" skaters do coach as well as compete. If Fedor were to coach, it would be completely normal that he was doing that while still being a competitor.

Willowway
05-09-2010, 10:46 PM
If Fedor were to coach, it would be completely normal that he was doing that while still being a competitor.

I disagree. Someone who has had his modest achievements might coach little kids while competing. But here someone mentioned him coaching at a much higher level and in a discipline in which he has no achievements or credentials. I think something's wrong with the report perhaps - misheard, misreported, something off. If indeed he is assisting Mom or Johnny Johns, I hope he is humble enough to operate within his limitations. It has seemed to me that for a while Fedor has gotten opportunities that are not commensurate with his talent or work ethic.

Bogie
05-09-2010, 11:41 PM
It has seemed to me that for a while Fedor has gotten opportunities that are not commensurate with his talent or work ethic.

Nepotism is always alive and well in human pursuits, including skating. Do not know that is the case here, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was. ;)

Asli
05-10-2010, 02:34 AM
It has seemed to me that for a while Fedor has gotten opportunities that are not commensurate with his talent or work ethic.

His work ethic? Do you mean Andreev is lazy?

Ziggy
05-10-2010, 03:00 AM
His work ethic? Do you mean Andreev is lazy?

Yep that's the gossip.

I mean he's a male skater with all triples and potential for a quad (I believe he had it in practice at some point?).

If he kept working hard, he'd probably eventually make the Canadian team. Or at least get B-Internationals and one or two GPs too maybe.

Which would have been much better than the whole AZE fail.

maggylyn
05-10-2010, 04:22 AM
I disagree. Someone who has had his modest achievements might coach little kids while competing. But here someone mentioned him coaching at a much higher level and in a discipline in which he has no achievements or credentials. I think something's wrong with the report perhaps - misheard, misreported, something off. If indeed he is assisting Mom or Johnny Johns, I hope he is humble enough to operate within his limitations. It has seemed to me that for a while Fedor has gotten opportunities that are not commensurate with his talent or work ethic.

On V/M's official site, Andreev is listed as one of their coaches:

http://virtuemoir.com/thanks.php

Ever since seeing that, I've wondered in what way he could possibly be coaching an elite ice-dance team.