PDA

View Full Version : Khokhlova/Novitski - current status & future plans?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

kirkbiggestfan
05-04-2010, 06:19 PM
When is the last time Andreev competed internationally? Did he get released by Canada? I wouldn't think that SC would try to hurt Zoueva's son. He has been trying to skate for AZE for over a year, right? That would make him eligeable for the GP?

piano18
05-04-2010, 06:53 PM
I just worry that this will hurt I/K. and B/S too.

:confused::confused: Pretty sure it won't. By next season they'll be light years ahead.

Poor Domnina being initially offered!!

maggylyn
05-04-2010, 06:57 PM
FSU "demands" a copy of that DVD. :D

Yes!! It would be fascinating to see what they look like together (I mean, in ice-dancing - not talking about looks here).

vivika1982
05-04-2010, 07:12 PM
Maybe these experts have spent too much time judging the Ice Age program. After watching the actors, singers and other celebrities partnered with world champion skaters, the Khokhlova/Andreev partnership must seem almost possible. ;)

:respec: Ice Age brainwashing ???:lol:

:smokin: It's genius.

Even if they won't be winning medals, :psoty: Fedor+DivaLaKhokh = :grope: :rockstar: :inavoid: which IMO, is :kickass:

:sekret: :judge: :hat1: Russian Fed gets itself into Canton and provides major distraction...

:cold:

Priceless opinion .

poths
05-04-2010, 08:37 PM
I'm surprised by the insults being lashed at Fedor from armchair fans. He's blatantly a classic skater, with excellent lines...first apparent when he showed at the Grinkov memorial aged, 12?

He has obviously been exposed to all aspects of the sport and like someone else said, if TT and Ovsianikov feel this is worthwhile, you're dipsh*ts to insult the man, since...you know, TT and Ovsianikov are far more knowledgable than of us. :shuffle:

Bottom line, JANA doesn't do it for the judges...so, I don't see the point in this partnership at all. I also think Bobrova is ready to be Russia's number one and place top 6 at Euros and worlds.

Ziggy
05-04-2010, 08:39 PM
The problem is he's not exactly known for having a strong work ethic, to put it lightly. :P

vivika1982
05-04-2010, 08:53 PM
I'm surprised by the insults being lashed at Fedor from armchair fans. He's blatantly a classic skater, with excellent lines...

Where did you see those insults, jokes maybe,doubts and etc. but insults :shuffle: and besides sometimes even armchair fans can see that he is fine skater but exactly how many succesful ice dance teams were developed within a year or two and how many won any major titles .If Jana is not skating for the judges or to medal at some major comepetitions what is the point of changing the partner .Just for entertaiment ?She can do this better with Novitski even with his health problems .
I would be more than happy if they proved everyone wrong and come up with glorious programs but as of the moment it is very doubtful.Anyway,there is one thing that i agree with you , there is no need to dig in the mud and to throw stones and pebbles at something that is not 1000% confermed .

Cherub721
05-04-2010, 08:54 PM
Poor Domnina being initially offered!!

What's a bigger insult... being offered up for Fedor or being traded to Japan for a bus like Tikhonov? :duh:

gkelly
05-04-2010, 09:39 PM
If Jana is not skating for the judges or to medal at some major comepetitions what is the point of changing the partner .Just for entertaiment ?She can do this better with Novitski even with his health problems.

But he may not want to further endanger his health just so she can skate.

kwanfan1818
05-04-2010, 09:47 PM
Did he get released by Canada? I wouldn't think that SC would try to hurt Zoueva's son. He has been trying to skate for AZE for over a year, right? That would make him eligeable for the GP?
Maybe the whole AZE thing was a subterfuge to get him released by Skate Canada...

Pratfall
05-04-2010, 10:06 PM
;)May not be confirmed but looking closer to it every day.

Fedor has great line, great presence...he hasn't done the jumps when it counted . If he's dabbled with pairs and dance before..he's got some familiarity with lifts...and if, as according to the article, he's been helping to train other ice dancers he can't be as weak in this department as some posters fear.

If Jana hasn't been impressing the judges lately , it may not have that much to do with her abilities..but more to do with the disparity in abilities between her and Novitski ( and dare I say, their choreography ? ):rolleyes:

Asli
05-04-2010, 11:46 PM
Fedor has great line, great presence...he hasn't done the jumps when it counted . If he's dabbled with pairs and dance before..he's got some familiarity with lifts...and if, as according to the article, he's been helping to train other ice dancers he can't be as weak in this department as some posters fear.

So is that all there is to ice dance? A singles skater who has "dabbled" with pairs and dance before and has got "some familiarity" with the lifts can have a chance at a medal above a generation of talented ice dancers who have been practicing their socks off since a very young age? What kind of a genius must he be? :confused:

Well, maybe Andreev is a genius. If he is, I'll take back my words with pleasure, but for now this seems like a good snarking point during the off-season. :P

Ziggy
05-04-2010, 11:50 PM
Come on Asli, it's not like Ice Dancers are real skaters. ;)

Ituriel
05-04-2010, 11:57 PM
This is turning really depressing :wall:

MikiAndoFan#1
05-05-2010, 12:09 AM
This is turning really depressing :wall:

I know!

:drama: