PDA

View Full Version : Khokhlova/Novitski - current status & future plans?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Ziggy
05-02-2010, 11:04 PM
I think they can't give too many lessons in a day since they have approx. a dozen of teams. Let's say, they start from 6 am-6 pm; in average, they can do one hour for each team (if every teams got one hour lesson each day). However, I heard some teams got no lessons at all, just had Igor stand at the board at the competitions which helped them get high PCS score already. Some teams can afford Igor that way.

They must have group lessons, at least for the teams further down the ranking, I would imagine.

MarieM
05-03-2010, 07:02 AM
Why do I think this is a very very bad idea ?
Jana :(

Karpenko
05-03-2010, 07:10 AM
I think they'll come out and surprise people, but for some reason Fedor doesn't seem to stick to anything for too long, and that leaves me worried for Jana.

It could be a great pairing though, the potential is there and they should look :smokin: together. I'm just worried about how Fedor will adapt to this and how he will show her off. She's an extremely firey and intense diva to show off. The chemistry with Novitski was all about her in every way possible and he was there to present her, she was there to over-compensate for him (I don't mean that to sound as rude as it comes off, but he really wasn't the best compared to her).

The chemistry with Fedor would be different I'd imagine, I really wonder what type of programs they will put out there and if they'll be as :wideeyes: in your face as before.

MarieM
05-03-2010, 08:11 AM
The problem I think is that noone knows if Fedor CAN do ice dancing demanding steps. And if he has the ability to.
What a waste of talent for Jana :(

oubik
05-03-2010, 10:03 AM
Is there a chance that Andreev has had some ice dance experience behind the scenes that we don't know about?

You mean, like from 1 a.m. to 4 a.m. - probably, yes :scream:

Ziggy
05-03-2010, 03:28 PM
You mean, like from 1 a.m. to 4 a.m. - probably, yes :scream:

:rofl:

vivika1982
05-03-2010, 04:38 PM
They must have group lessons, at least for the teams further down the ranking, I would imagine.

:eek:You mean like in skating factory .:yikes:
I just hope Jana will feel good there .

kwanfan1818
05-03-2010, 04:41 PM
:eek:You mean like in skating factory .:yikes:

Group lessons were standard for top-level Soviet skaters, and they didn't do so badly.

Ituriel
05-03-2010, 07:11 PM
From the Elena Vaytsehovskaya's blog:

"And tomorrow in the "RC" - figure skating. Pretty great stuff, the essence of which lies in the fact that pairs of Jan Khokhlova and Sergei Novitski no longer exists. The decision, confirmed by all parties concerned, so it is - the official information."

http://blog.sport-express.ru/users/vellena/post125743649/

fanof
05-03-2010, 07:20 PM
Aside from choreographing the nationals program I think she was moreso a.."mentor"".

Shpilband/Zoueva usually produce very fantastic male partners, its the girls who don't keep pace :lol: so the Jana/Fedor partnership is the reverse opposite. Except for the fact that he's never competed as an ice dancer and is 28!!

That's right, except Yana is only acception!

Valentina
05-03-2010, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by piano18
Aside from choreographing the nationals program I think she was moreso a.."mentor"".

Shpilband/Zoueva usually produce very fantastic male partners, its the girls who don't keep pace so the Jana/Fedor partnership is the reverse opposite. Except for the fact that he's never competed as an ice dancer and is 28!!

Shpilband/Zoueva certainly have a good hand to produce good male ice dance partners, but those such as Ben, Charlie and Scott actually train ice dance for a longe time and also train with the same partners for 10 years. It would be a total surpise see Jena and Fedor skating togthere and see them competing against the top skaters. I sow some videos of himm competing as single i could not feel that ice dance flavor tha Jana have, she needs a partner just good and expressive as her.

aymkjb88
05-03-2010, 11:51 PM
Is there any news on Dom/Shab? What's their future plan?

I hope K/N can keep competing, at least for another season, they've never reached their potential yet.

Ziggy
05-04-2010, 03:21 AM
I hope K/N can keep competing, at least for another season, they've never reached their potential yet.

Uhmmm, no they won't. Pretty much this whole thread is dedicated to that, you know. :P

Fashionista
05-04-2010, 10:02 AM
Uhmmm, no they won't.

That's right.
Today it was announced officially that Khokhlova/Novitzky team doesn't exist anymore. You can read more in Vaitsekhovskaya article http://www.sport-express.ru/newspaper/2010-05-04/11_1/
Please use google translate.

Eislauffan
05-04-2010, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the link. The Russian Fed and dance experts must be desperate or genuinly convinced that Khokhlova/Andreev have a chance to become a strong team.
Very surprising that they apparently even thought about pairing Fedor Andreev with Oksana Domnina! (as Marina Zueva is quoted in the article).