PDA

View Full Version : Khokhlova/Novitski - current status & future plans?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Ziggy
05-01-2010, 07:06 PM
anyways if they are thinking politicing path they should andreev and khoklova to L/K, by doing that they will have all the super powers of politicing covered.

It's Z/S, not L/K that are clearly top ice dance coaches atm.

They are also very very expensive. Most Russian skaters could never afford them. So maybe Russian Fed is trying to find a way in. ;)

Sedge
05-01-2010, 07:10 PM
As in Romanovskaya&Grachev? If so, he was the worst Russian ice dancer I've seen in my life. His dancing was fine and this couple was pretty charismatic, but he had awful basics. I don't care that he's been junior world champion. Maurizio Margaglio has been senior world champion, so that doesn't mean much. ;)

I could not agree more.

Partway through his FD at 2004 World Junior en route to his Jr World title, I turned to the person beside me and said..." He can't skate"

sweetsparky
05-01-2010, 07:11 PM
I bet they're seeing each other. Maybe the try-out on the ice didn't go so good on the ice, but...:EVILLE:

Please no, I can accept desperation but not blind whee-hee-hee heart reasons for such a strange and risky decision :drama:

All Khokhlova/Novitski situation after worlds has been shock after shock :confused:

joeperryfan
05-01-2010, 07:40 PM
Is there a chance that Andreev has had some ice dance experience behind the scenes that we don't know about? His career was idle for many years, who knows what he was doing on the ice then... Nevertheless he doesn't have any ice dance competition experience.
Also, there's a chance that this partnership is meant for the professional circuit, as it is neither one can assure a good career for themselves, but with a few international exposure, and if they click in terms of personality, it could make a world of difference, just a thought.

Squibble
05-01-2010, 08:36 PM
I've thought it'd be interesting to be a fly on the wall at Arctic Edge for a few years now, but I'd seriously KILL for a reality show of this. Surely there's a cable network that needs some added reality show drama?

Last week on Survivor: Canton, Tessa & Scott won yet another reward challenge and posed for the cameras in Toronto, while Madison & Greg formed a secret alliance with Maia & Alex to oust Meryl & Charlie. Then newcomers Jana & Fedor showed up and quickly alienated Emily & Evan by waving their vast collection of passports in their face. Six elite couples are already here. Who'll be voted in?

:watch:

Valentina
05-01-2010, 08:46 PM
Last week on Survivor: Canton, Tessa & Scott won yet another reward challenge and posed for the cameras in Toronto, while Madison & Greg formed a secret alliance with Maia & Alex to oust Meryl & Charlie. Then newcomers Jana & Fedor showed up and quickly alienated Emily & Evan by waving their vast collection of passports in their face. Six elite couples are already here. Who'll be voted in?

:lol::lol:

OlieRow
05-01-2010, 08:52 PM
It's Z/S, not L/K that are clearly top ice dance coaches atm.

They are also very very expensive. Most Russian skaters could never afford them. So maybe Russian Fed is trying to find a way in. ;)

Just out of curiosity, how expensive is it to train with Igor & Marina (vs. other top coaches)? And on a semi-related note, are teams like V/M and D/W getting enough funding from USFSA/Skate Canada and prize money to cover most of their training costs?

nikjil
05-01-2010, 09:10 PM
Stop it, you're just embarassing yourself.

Russian Fed's. So it must be some politick thing.

I am almost inclined to believe they are sacrificing Khoklova to make Zueva happy so that they agree to take on Bobrova/Soloviev half-price or something like that. :P

Someone, I can't remembe who mentioned that Rus. Fed. wanted to get Shpilband/Zueva to come back to Russia and coach there and they said no. Maybe they figure teaming a top ice dancer with her son will make her more amenable.

Pratfall
05-01-2010, 09:15 PM
:lol: I love the reality show scenario , squibble...:lol:

I seem to remember that during one of the Russian interviews Z/S gave during Olys, they were asked if it wasn't now very expensive to train with them. Without quoting a price , they implied that they weren't out of line with other top coaches and that there was room for flexibility since not all of their students had the same means, and had varying outside expenses ( such as living abroad ) etc. ...I don't think they were just being coy about their fees.

To me , that reads..there's a sliding scale depending on how much talent the student has, how much they can pay and how much the coaches want them as pupils.

Ziggy
05-01-2010, 09:18 PM
Just out of curiosity, how expensive is it to train with Igor & Marina (vs. other top coaches)? And on a semi-related note, are teams like V/M and D/W getting enough funding from USFSA/Skate Canada and prize money to cover most of their training costs?

V/M and D/W surely must get more than enough money considering they are funded by their federations and regularly win prize money at events. Not to mention sponsorships, tours, etc.

What I am wondering is how teams like McCurdy/Coreno can afford Z/S. I guess their parents must be quite well off.

Cloudy_Gumdrops
05-01-2010, 09:38 PM

:rofl:

Keep B&S away from Igor/Marina too. I'd like to keep enjoying them.:P

Asli
05-01-2010, 09:54 PM
Well, I don't remember him with Romanovskaya but with Platonova he was decent http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlQSU42U_QA
ANY dance partner would be better for Jana than 28 y.o. single skater.

I don't have access to youtube right now, but I totally agree with your second sentence! Let's hope he doesn't drop and injure her! :eek:

Maybe Yana intends to do a couple of competitions and then skate in shows with him. Even then, it can't be safe.

Fashionista
05-01-2010, 10:21 PM
They are also very very expensive. Most Russian skaters could never afford them.
I don't think S/Z are more expensive than L/K.

casken
05-02-2010, 07:58 AM
I really think it just comes down to the fact that there aren't many options for her and they might as well stick her with someone who can skate, is good looking, and has a bit of flair.

She could do worse at this point.

rhumba
05-02-2010, 11:00 PM
I think they can't give too many lessons in a day since they have approx. a dozen of teams. Let's say, they start from 6 am-6 pm; in average, they can do one hour for each team (if every teams got one hour lesson each day). However, I heard some teams got no lessons at all, just had Igor stand at the board at the competitions which helped them get high PCS score already. Some teams can afford Igor that way.