PDA

View Full Version : Khokhlova/Novitski - current status & future plans?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Cherub721
05-01-2010, 03:21 AM
Here's my konspiracy theory... Russia wants Shpilband/Zueva to take on one of the younger teams, maybe Bobrova/Soloviev. In exchange, they give them Jana so Zueva's son can play ice dancer. :scream:

I really can't see ANY reason Jana would do this. :lol:

Taso
05-01-2010, 03:23 AM

I bet they're seeing each other. Maybe the try-out on the ice didn't go so good on the ice, but...:EVILLE:

caseyedwards
05-01-2010, 03:24 AM
Here's my konspiracy theory... Russia wants Shpilband/Zueva to take on one of the younger teams, maybe Bobrova/Soloviev. In exchange, they give them Jana so Zueva's son can play ice dancer. :scream:

Jana as great martyr for Russian Ice Dancing. Jana of Arc??

mishieru07
05-01-2010, 03:28 AM
Damn right! :cheer:

:drama:

Why so mean to diva La Khok!!

So the K/A partnership is pretty much confirmed? I like Fedor as a single skater but can he keep up with Jana, considering he has never competed as a dancer? (has he even passed his senior dance tests?) And where do they fit in the Canton stable? Will S/Z go all Linichuk and throw their other teams under a bus for them? (Probably not D/W or V/M; the lower ranked ones)

PML at the story of Joubert being unable to match Morozov. :rofl:

OT: I think I/K will be fine regardless of what Jana does (are they going to SGP?). They are total fabulousnes and if the rise of V/M and D/W in the last quad are any indication, we should be in for very exciting times. :cheer: <Skate gods, look away!>

OlieRow
05-01-2010, 03:58 AM
I bet they're seeing each other. Maybe the try-out on the ice didn't go so good on the ice, but...:EVILLE:

SERIOUSLY. REALITY SHOW. I can just see it now, Pretty Princess Tessa vs. :angryfire Russian LaKohk and the epic battle for Fedor.

So the K/A partnership is pretty much confirmed? I like Fedor as a single skater but can he keep up with Jana, considering he has never competed as a dancer? (has he even passed his senior dance tests?) And where do they fit in the Canton stable? Will S/Z go all Linichuk and throw their other teams under a bus for them? (Probably not D/W or V/M; the lower ranked ones)

Would he even have to pass dance tests to skate for Russia? There are no ISU tests, right?

Buzz
05-01-2010, 04:25 AM
Jana K skating with someone who has had so little ice dance training and experience?! This I gotta see......

Pratfall
05-01-2010, 05:15 AM
:) Have I said I find this intriguing ,amusing, bizarre ,entertaining, wild and wacky ...and I want to see it just to satisfy my own curiosity ?

I know I have,.:P..But actually, looking at things from Jana's POV...it's pretty obvious she and Novitski were being dumped , right , left and center. By the judges, by their federation..on and on.. Those with spies tell us there really isn't another partner available for her in Russia right now. If the Fedor pairing can possibly work..Well, he was born in Russia,( does that mean he has Russian citizenship ?)is a Canadian citizen, but has already been released by Skate Canada ..She won't have to skip a beat ( well, maybe half a beat). She'll be able to train at the current top school, and if it proves hopeless..she'll still have three years to Sochi, and the way things are going in Russian skating, another partner might become available by next year.
Who knows who initiated this whole thing?..Anyway , she's got nothing to lose, it seems to me, and maybe a lot to gain. At least she gets to keep her cute little toes on the ice.

Fashionista
05-01-2010, 10:26 AM
Actually I think there's a good partner for Jana in Russia - Alexander Grachev.

Asli
05-01-2010, 11:04 AM
Actually I think there's a good partner for Jana in Russia - Alexander Grachev.

As in Romanovskaya&Grachev? If so, he was the worst Russian ice dancer I've seen in my life. His dancing was fine and this couple was pretty charismatic, but he had awful basics. I don't care that he's been junior world champion. Maurizio Margaglio has been senior world champion, so that doesn't mean much. ;)

Asli
05-01-2010, 11:06 AM

She must be in love!

Fashionista
05-01-2010, 11:11 AM
As in Romanovskaya&Grachev? If so, he was the worst Russian ice dancer I've seen in my life.

Well, I don't remember him with Romanovskaya but with Platonova he was decent http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlQSU42U_QA
ANY dance partner would be better for Jana than 28 y.o. single skater.

Little Princess
05-01-2010, 12:59 PM
Isn't Grachev with Platonova anymore or what?

Fashionista
05-01-2010, 03:49 PM
They're thinking about their future now.

Ziggy
05-01-2010, 04:51 PM
And, sorry to you all, but Shabs made Margalio look good! :P:P

Stop it, you're just embarassing yourself.

one simple questin...who the hell had this idea?

Russian Fed's. So it must be some politick thing.

I am almost inclined to believe they are sacrificing Khoklova to make Zueva happy so that they agree to take on Bobrova/Soloviev half-price or something like that. :P

Domshabfan
05-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Stop it, you're just embarassing yourself.

Russian Fed's. So it must be some politick thing.

I am almost inclined to believe they are sacrificing Khoklova to make Zueva happy so that they agree to take on Bobrova/Soloviev half-price or something like that. :P

wow, is that confirmed news that russian fed wanted this team up or was it her own decision.

anyways if they are thinking politicing path they should andreev and khoklova to L/K, by doing that they will have all the super powers of politicing covered.

i hope both I/K and B/S are not scarified next year for K/A, especially I/K considering russians have only two spots for the world championships.