PDA

View Full Version : Khokhlova/Novitski - current status & future plans?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

ostile17
04-30-2010, 11:16 PM
I'm sorry but this is a ridiculous statement to make.

He might have been better this season with Shabalin hardly being able to skate but before, they used to be in totally different leagues.

I'm sorry but even on one leg Maxim is still a better skater than Sergei!

OlieRow
04-30-2010, 11:19 PM
Boy, Canton's gonna full to the brim this coming season. Who's gonna leave first? Probably one of the younger teams like the Shibs, I'd think. Or maybe C&Z, cause they're probably only gonna be 4th or 5th in line over there at this point behind V&M, D&W, S&B, Jana/Fedor and possibly S&S.

I've thought it'd be interesting to be a fly on the wall at Arctic Edge for a few years now, but I'd seriously KILL for a reality show of this. Surely there's a cable network that needs some added reality show drama?

Ituriel
04-30-2010, 11:22 PM
I've thought it'd be interesting to be a fly on the wall at Arctic Edge for a few years now, but I'd seriously KILL for a reality show of this. Surely there's a cable network that needs some added reality show drama?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

ostile17
04-30-2010, 11:25 PM
It doesn't really matter anymore if he has dance experience. CDs are gone and even if he has to do them it will only be one pattern and skating close together in varied holds in the OD and FD is going the way of the dinosaur. So it all comes down to how well he can twizzle and chuck her around his shoulders in lifts.

As long as they can get through the TES stuff, all they have to do is skate around with some power and flair and occasionally wave their arms and legs around with a twizzle here and there and they'll be on their way. The fact that they have two programs to show already makes me confident that they've been appropriately Shpilbanded.

Sadly this is true! The CDs are gone, and you certainly don't need to be a good ice dancer these days to make it to the top: speed, acrobatics and a few trick here and there have proved to be enough.
This couple might have more chances than I thought! :scream:

caseyedwards
04-30-2010, 11:53 PM
On youtube there is Andreev's Skate Detroit Free skate from 2009 and he did some twizzles. They weren't like ice dance twizzles but he has some speed with the basic movement. But doing it in sync with someone else is a whole other skill.

Ziggy
04-30-2010, 11:54 PM
I'm sorry but even on one leg Maxim is still a better skater than Sergei!

Yeah, you're probably right.

Sergei was just there to lift Jana, whilst she contorts herself. :P

It doesn't really matter anymore if he has dance experience. CDs are gone and even if he has to do them it will only be one pattern. Skating close together in varied holds in the OD and FD is going the way of the dinosaur. So it all comes down to how well he can twizzle and chuck her around his shoulders in lifts.

As long as they can get through the TES stuff, all they have to do is skate around with some power and flair and occasionally wave their arms and legs around with a twizzle here and there and they'll be on their way. The fact that they have two programs to show already makes me confident that they've been appropriately Shpilbanded.

Plus, he certainly has better line and is more stylish than Novitski. (Sorry Tak)

The twizzles that the IDers do are extremely hard though.

And you miss one very important point. You need to get Lv3-4 steps regularly (ideally 4) to be competetive at the top. Both partners needs to perform those steps and they need to be in closed holds. I just can't see Fedor doing that...

casken
05-01-2010, 12:00 AM
And you miss one very important point. You need to get Lv3-4 steps regularly (ideally 4) to be competetive at the top. Both partners needs to perform those steps and they need to be in closed holds. I just can't see Fedor doing that...

Shabalin did it, though.

Ziggy
05-01-2010, 12:15 AM
Shabalin did it, though.

Fair enough. :D

But he used to be a great ice dancer when still two-legged. ;)

Asli
05-01-2010, 12:16 AM
It doesn't really matter anymore if he has dance experience. CDs are gone and even if he has to do them it will only be one pattern. Skating close together in varied holds in the OD and FD is going the way of the dinosaur. So it all comes down to how well he can twizzle and chuck her around his shoulders in lifts.

You have a point there, but still, the skating skills and difficulty required from an ice dancer are light years away from those required from a singles skater.

A few years ago I watched a piece about Joubert on a French TV channel. He was shown working on his straight line step sequence with Nikolai Morozov. He seemed well advanced in his preparation and actually knew the steps, but was perfecting them with Morozov doing the same steps in parallel to him.

So there was Joubert: the World Champion at the peak of his form, and there was Morozov: a mediocre ice dancer who hadn't competed for ten years and was sporting a belly. Morozov simply flew through the steps. Joubert struggled through them until half-way, when he tripped over his own feet and threw himself flat on his back, screaming the French equivalent of "F*ck this sh*t!" :rofl:

Tak
05-01-2010, 01:30 AM
Well, I am now officially sick. :duh: What is she thinking? I hope I'm wrong, but I can't see this as being anything but a disaster. I'm only hoping this news is wrong, but maybe that's desperation talking. Those 2 new programs [already choreographed????] are going to be :yikes:

Even Morosov would be a better match. :wall: At least he used to be an ice dancer.

Oh Jana - come to your senses - I'm begging you. [I thought this tryout did not go well]. What a waste of talent!

And, sorry to you all, but Shabs made Margalio look good! :P:P

*Kim*
05-01-2010, 01:40 AM
one simple questin...who the hell had this idea?

I have nothing against Fedor but to compete with the top skaters in ice dance you just don't need to be an avarge single skater. In what jana was thing? :duh:

Ituriel
05-01-2010, 01:47 AM
Well, I am now officially sick. :duh: What is she thinking? I hope I'm wrong, but I can't see this as being anything but a disaster. I'm only hoping this news is wrong, but maybe that's desperation talking. Those 2 new programs [already choreographed????] are going to be :yikes:

Even Morosov would be a better match. :wall: At least he used to be an ice dancer.

Oh Jana - come to your senses - I'm begging you. [I thought this tryout did not go well]. What a waste of talent!

I'm a obssesed K/N fan, but... please, don't be that harsh with Shabalin :D

Healthy Shabalin was maybe the third most talented male ice dancer. Novitski isn't bad, but simply he don't improve like Khokhlova, maybe because of the injury.

I still think Andreev is really bad idea, and Jana will waste her own talent (She choose him because he's hot, I think :confused:). It's her decision, we just can cry :wall:

Edit: Jana likes tall guys :rolleyes:

http://khokhlova-novitski.com/photo/74-0-1719

If she has her mother's taste...

http://khokhlova-novitski.com/photo/vankuver_2010/06022010_domodedovo/11/85-0-2454

Well :lol:

caseyedwards
05-01-2010, 02:15 AM
I would hope Khokhlova would think of all the medals she won in Euros and the world bronze and not just pick a partner because they are hot!!! lol lol !!

Asli
05-01-2010, 02:30 AM

How memories fade with time! :P

Tak
05-01-2010, 03:03 AM
How memories fade with time! :P

:lol: Okay - that was funny! And I desperately need something to smile about right now - just thinking about K/A makes me :scream: