PDA

View Full Version : Khokhlova/Novitski - current status & future plans?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Pratfall
04-29-2010, 09:25 PM
:lol: I'm just loving this. Mind you, it's mostly my curiosity that has me dying to know what this would look like. It could be totally weird. OTOH , sometimes the weird can be wonderful....

Cloudy_Gumdrops
04-29-2010, 09:30 PM
I can't see this being a good move for Jana. I'm picturing a Navka/Kostomarov type team where the woman does all the work.

maggylyn
04-29-2010, 09:44 PM
:lol: I'm just loving this. Mind you, it's mostly my curiosity that has me dying to know what this would look like. It could be totally weird. OTOH , sometimes the weird can be wonderful....

That's what I'm thinking - we might be surprised (in a good way).

Asli
04-29-2010, 10:06 PM
I can't see this being a good move for Jana. I'm picturing a Navka/Kostomarov type team where the woman does all the work.

Uhm. If you want to dissuade Jana, maaybe you should use another "negative" example. ;)

DORISPULASKI
04-29-2010, 10:33 PM
One word to dissuade - COP (or is that 3 words) in any case, these days partners have to be more equal. Fedor has to learn the level 4 twizzles & steps, not just the lifts.

I think Marina is trying to save the $ for Callaghan and living in FL for Fedor

Pratfall
04-29-2010, 10:45 PM
:lol:Doris...I like the way your mind works.

Although if things keep going the way they have for Marina ,$ could be less and less of a consideration.

OlieRow
04-30-2010, 12:00 AM
I can't believe this is coming back up as an actual possibility. First there's the issue of she's an elite ice dancer and he's never danced competitively (AFAIK). Sure, his mother's a coach and he is (was?) dating one of the best dancers in the world, so maybe he's fooled around some, but that doesn't translate into ability to dance at the international level. He's going to have to learn the steps and be able to do the crazy lifts that Jana is capable of contorting herself into. Didn't he have some pretty serious back issues? Looking at the issues Ben had and apparently Evan Bates as well, I'm not sure he'll be able to hold up. Not to mention I get the impression that his work ethic isn't the greatest. I have absolutely no sources to back that up, so I apologize if I'm drawing the wrong conclusion, but he just seems a little flighty going from skating to modeling to cars back to skating. If he's looking to switch to dance he's going to have to work harder than he ever has before to catch up. Although training in Canton would certainly be a motivating environment...

Andrey aka Pushkin
04-30-2010, 12:19 AM
NO! She´s married for 10 years with Trankov (ask Tan6ka).
Now many people is he married to? :huh:

Tak
04-30-2010, 02:16 AM
Jana is currently trying to figure out what to do and is trying out with different partners. Until a final decision has been made, there isn't going to be any formal announcements.

I know I can fully trust my :sekret:.

Well thank God for that! So she's still looking and no decision has been made? I was still hoping Novitski would be okay, but I guess not.:( for my favorite team.

Jana is the best ice dancer around today - she needs a great partner and I hope she finds one. I still keep thinking she would be perfect with Tchakenko. How tall is he? Is it a height thing?

Crossing my fingers she finds somebody good [NOT Fedor].

casken
04-30-2010, 02:30 AM
I have no idea about Fedor's level as an ice dancer, but would he really be worse than Novitski?

They did pretty well together considering he wasn't as strong as her, or the other top male dancers.

Tak
04-30-2010, 02:45 AM
I have no idea about Fedor's level as an ice dancer, but would he really be worse than Novitski?

YES!!! But this was a joke, right? Ha, ha, ha.

[/QUOTE]They did pretty well together considering he wasn't as strong as her, or the other top male dancers.[/QUOTE]

I dont think he was as bad as you do - they fit together extremely well - and when he was on they gave great performances, and didnt always get credit for it [kind of like your favorite team, no?]. I think in hindsight a lot of his problems at recent competitions was due to his injury :(

And he was still 10xs better than Shabalin.

casken
04-30-2010, 03:26 AM
[SIZE="6"]I dont think he was as bad as you do - they fit together extremely well - and when he was on they gave great performances, and didnt always get credit for it [kind of like your favorite team, no?]
You did not just compare K&N to DelSchoe. :revenge::drama:

:D No seriously, I *loved* K&N from 2005-2007, (POTC and Bolero were awesome) but she kept getting better and he hit a point and plateaued, and even regressed a bit due to the injuries like you said.

I really wanted to like their Firebird FD, but it just felt like a shell of FD that could never really develop into what it could have been becuase of his limitations. The footwork sequences especially felt kind of draggy because of him.

I'm not a hater, I just think she is awesome and totally underrated and needs a partner near as exceptional that can do all the required COP stuff to get her up to the gold medal level. She can't be doing the Shabalin thing.

Believe it or not I often felt the same way about Schoenfelder needing to find a more stylish and "leggy" partner for his own benefit. :slinkaway

Fashionista
04-30-2010, 09:36 AM

Really?

Tak
04-30-2010, 12:40 PM
Really. :P

ostile17
04-30-2010, 02:48 PM

:rolleyes:

and Khokhlova the best dancer out there? :rofl: