PDA

View Full Version : Khokhlova/Novitski - current status & future plans?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Ziggy
04-29-2010, 06:03 PM
On the Russian forum some bits of info are discussed that point at Andreev as a future partner for Jana. It's as if Jana and Fedor already did some dances together which were recorded and now the Russian Figure Skating Federation will watch the records and say their opinion. Jana is said to be in Moscow now, she waited for Tarasova at the ice-rink and wanted to discuss with her the results of her trip to America.

No way is this going to happen.

Andreev can't ice dance, defininitely not at Jana's level and their tryout did not go well.

God knows why the Russian Federation (it's their idea) is pressing for this partnership. Maybe it's some kind of Zueva politicking thing?

The whole situation is just surreal.

Ituriel
04-29-2010, 06:46 PM
At least, he's handsome.:shuffle: Maybe they won't a great ice dance couple, but they will be a hot ice dance couple :lol:

Fashionista
04-29-2010, 06:51 PM
Unfortunately tryout with Andreev and two complete programs confirmed by Vaitsekhovskaya. I want to pinch myself. This is an absolutely idiotic move for Jana.

Little Princess
04-29-2010, 06:53 PM
Well who knows if it's gonna work out...would Andreev even be allowed to compete for Russia with all of his AZE-thing going on last season?

Valentina
04-29-2010, 07:00 PM
Unfortunately tryout with Andreev and two complete programs confirmed by Vaitsekhovskaya. I want to pinch myself. This is an absolutely idiotic move for Jana.

Fedor is cute and everything but isn't even a top single skater, he have any dance coaching? Why jana would pick a partner without any expirince in ice dancing? She need a great parter cuz young teams, especially Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov in my opinion, are just great and really strong teams.

why Jana :duh: pick Ben Agosto then, he for sure is a great ice dancer.

Ziggy
04-29-2010, 07:03 PM
why Jana :duh: pick Ben Agosto then, he for sure is a great ice dancer.

Because he has a partner already, would not be interested in skating for Russia and has retired? :P

Valentina
04-29-2010, 07:05 PM
Because he has a partner already, would not be interested in skating for Russia and has retired? :P

it was a Joke!

maggylyn
04-29-2010, 07:32 PM
it was a Joke!

Its funny, when this Jana/Fedor partnership report first came up, I really thought someone was just having fun -playing jokes on us.

But it really is happening? Would Jana even agree to a tryout if she didn't think he could actually do this, or is it all politics?

Somehow, it just seems weird to think about.

Ok - pictures/videos, please. And a formal announcement would also be nice.

Ziggy
04-29-2010, 07:38 PM
Ok - pictures/videos, please. And a formal announcement would also be nice.

Jana is currently trying to figure out what to do and is trying out with different partners. Until a final decision has been made, there isn't going to be any formal announcements.

I know I can fully trust my :sekret:.

maggylyn
04-29-2010, 07:42 PM
If there was one, we wouldn't have to rely on insiders.

I know you're right.

I think I feel a little like others here have said - this is surreal.

Ziggy
04-29-2010, 07:43 PM
Yeah, it definitely seems way too random and ridiculous to believe in. :D

piano18
04-29-2010, 08:14 PM

:yikes::scream::yikes::duh:

An article with quote from Shpilband:

http://sport.glavred.info/news/2010/04/29/105243-4

omg! does my google translate say he thinks there's a great future for them? :lol:

Fashionista
04-29-2010, 08:42 PM
I've got it. Zueva/Shpilaband are trying to put out of their way strong rivals. That's the plan.

maggylyn
04-29-2010, 08:48 PM
:yikes::scream::yikes::duh:

An article with quote from Shpilband:

http://sport.glavred.info/news/2010/04/29/105243-4

omg! does my google translate say he thinks there's a great future for them? :lol:

How did Fedor become an ice-dancer? Lessons with Tessa?

kirkbiggestfan
04-29-2010, 08:50 PM
Andreev is 6'1". He would be perfect for pairs if his goal is to go to the Olympics. His very brief try-out with Jenny showed that he had no problem doing lifts or throws.

Poor Jana. There is got to be an available ice dance partner for her out there. I am sure that someone would break his current partnership to skate with her.