PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Thread 2010

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15

BrokenAnkle
10-07-2010, 01:05 AM
Wow, that was exciting!

Aaron W
10-07-2010, 01:22 AM
Impressive effort by Halladay. Last week I'd noted the worst case scenario for the Reds would be getting stuck playing Philly in the NLDS. Tonight certainly proves that.

Not sure why Dusty Baker went with Volquez to open the series. Reds pitching did rather well today other than him. Wood should have been the starter. I think Dusty didn't want to start Wood because he's new to pitching in these types of situations, but then so is Volquez.

talulabell
10-07-2010, 01:22 AM
That was just amazing. I was standing in my living room, just like the lucky folks in the stadium, for the last 3 outs. That last one was scary, too! Awesome.

Congrats Roy Halladay... Now lets see what "Little Roy" Oswalt can do on Friday.

AragornElessar
10-07-2010, 02:05 AM
YAY DOC!!!!

Still wish it could have happened in a Jays uniform though.

PRlady
10-07-2010, 02:17 AM
:cheer2: :encore: :D

It's never easy being from Philadelphia, except tonight when it is.

HeatherC
10-07-2010, 04:24 AM
Life sucks so bad when you're a Cincy sports fan. :fragile:

chipso1
10-07-2010, 05:08 AM
Life sucks so bad when you're a Cincy sports fan. :fragile:

Welcome to Minnesota...

AragornElessar
10-07-2010, 08:48 PM
Welcome to Minnesota...

What on earth happened last night? The Twins were leading when I tried to go to bed (I've got ongoing medical issues that have triggered insomina problems) last night, so imagine my shock when I saw at CBC Sports earlier today the Yankees had made a comeback. Damn!!

From the CBC Sports site...

Roy Halladay: baseball's perfect gentle knight (http://www.cbc.ca/sports/baseball/story/2010/10/07/sp-roy-halladay2.html)

chipso1
10-07-2010, 08:58 PM
The Twins just had some unlucky breaks, and were unable to capitalize on runners in scoring position in the later innings. I'm hoping we can make a comeback tonight, but to be honest, I'm not very hopeful. :(

HeatherC
10-08-2010, 02:38 AM
(((chipso1))) Your poor guys didn't even get a day to breathe after that first game. I'm glad the Reds had an off day to recoup and recover from their first game. I'm so sorry about these first two games. I'm rooting hard for the Twins too and hope they can come back in game three. *HUGS* :(

chipso1
10-08-2010, 03:33 AM
:fragile:This is like a deja vu nightmare. We now have to win both games in NY, and for some crazy reason I just don't see that happening. :(

What's up with Mauer? I think he's like 1 for 8 between these first two playoff games already. :eek:

I miss Morneau. And Joe Nathan. Arguably two of our three strongest players are gone.

KHenry14
10-08-2010, 06:01 AM
Tim Lincecum just DOMINATES the Braves, striking out 14 and giving up 2 hits. If Halladay hadn't gone crazy yesterday people would be raving over this performance!:encore:

Aaron W
10-09-2010, 02:10 AM
God damn mother f&cking Reds making error after error costing the team the lead and likely the game. Up 4-0 in the 5th, two back-to-back errors with two outs by Brandon Phillips and Scott Rolen allowed Chase Utley to come up to the plate and hit a 2 run single. Then back to back hit-by-pitches prolonged the 6th inning, ultimately allowing Philly to get another run. Then in the 7th, Scott Rolen made a late throw to 2nd on a fielder's choice that resulted in no outs on the play. That was shortly followed up with a missed catch by right fielder Jay Bruce and a bobbled relay catch by Brandon Phillips to allow 2 more runs to score. And with that, a 4-0 lead changed to a 5-4 deficit. I don't think I've been this angry watching sports in a long time. An entire season's effort to get into the playoffs being wasted by dumbass mistakes from a team that's showcasing itself as unworthy of even being in the playoffs. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Lacey
10-09-2010, 02:47 AM
Sorry, Aaron, Lidge for the save, 7-4 Phils.

HeatherC
10-09-2010, 04:58 AM
God damn mother f&cking Reds making error after error costing the team the lead and likely the game. Up 4-0 in the 5th, two back-to-back errors with two outs by Brandon Phillips and Scott Rolen allowed Chase Utley to come up to the plate and hit a 2 run single. Then back to back hit-by-pitches prolonged the 6th inning, ultimately allowing Philly to get another run. Then in the 7th, Scott Rolen made a late throw to 2nd on a fielder's choice that resulted in no outs on the play. That was shortly followed up with a missed catch by right fielder Jay Bruce and a bobbled relay catch by Brandon Phillips to allow 2 more runs to score. And with that, a 4-0 lead changed to a 5-4 deficit. I don't think I've been this angry watching sports in a long time. An entire season's effort to get into the playoffs being wasted by dumbass mistakes from a team that's showcasing itself as unworthy of even being in the playoffs. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Whoa, after reading that post I'm kind of scared to go to the Reds board I visit all the time for fear of their reactions, LOL :eek: :lol:

This team has a total of SIX guys who have had any playoff experience at all so they're a really young team and most of them have never been in this type of situation. They're learning the hard way that this is totally different from the regular season. Yes, the loss sucks (believe me, I was at a football game tailgate party and we were all screaming at both the football team for having a rough night and the Reds for all their errors, LOL :lol: ) but I honestly never imagined that this team would even get to the playoffs this year. I thought next year was going to be their year to start making playoff appearances and winning division titles, so I'm just thrilled that they stepped up, won the NL Central, and got there a year early because this experience will only help them in the long run. They beat themselves tonight. The Phillies are on their fourth consecutive year of being in the playoffs so they know exactly what to do to win games. I was reminded by a Phillies fan friend of mine that the Phillies first year in the playoffs in 2007 pretty much went like the Reds is going right now and then the next year they won the World Series. I think good teams learn from their experiences and I think the Reds will do that too. The Reds were overmatched in starting pitching and even though the offenses were pretty close statistically, the Phillies have some clutch guys who can make you pay for any mistakes and that's what they did tonight. Frustrating? Yes. Annoying as all get out? Yes. Am I ready to give up on the team now because they've had a rough series? No, because I honestly think their winning window is just now opening up and that they're going to be stronger in the future from these experiences.

The Reds definitely let one get away tonight, and yes, I'm as frustrated and disappointed as you, but the good thing is that they get to come home now and be around their own fans again which may help turn the tide a little bit for Sunday's game. GABP is going to be rocking (and I will be leading the cheers in my section for sure, LOL :cheer: ) and that can only help the guys focus and play better baseball. GO REDS. :cheer2: