PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Thread 2010

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

FSfan107
06-01-2010, 03:31 PM
The Braves are in first place!:cheer2: It's only a .5 game lead, but considering they were in last place not too long ago, this is awesome! Now go beat the Phillies again today! :)

Congrats to Mr. Halladay on the perfect game.

BelleBway
06-01-2010, 04:28 PM
The Braves are in first place!:cheer2: It's only a .5 game lead, but considering they were in last place not too long ago, this is awesome! Now go beat the Phillies again today! :)

:lynch:

j/k The Phillies are playing horribly now and the Braves are playing much better; you guys deserve to be in first.

...for now... ;)

Oddly enough, our pitching has been (mostly) solid lately but our offense- which SHOULD be scoring tons- seems to have bought a one way ticket to Nowheresville. Just about the only way for us to win a game lately is for the pitcher to throw a perfect game- and even then we barely eked out the win with a single unearned run.

HeatherC
06-02-2010, 02:22 AM
Your Reds are stressing me the hell out this year. On the other hand, it's fun hating someone else aside from the Cubs.

Sorry, LOL :lol: We can hate the Cubs together if you want because that's something we can both enjoy all the time! :P

I'm not used to my guys being hated at all but I don't mind because it means we're playing well. Usually no one cares about the Reds because they're in the toilet so I take it as a very good sign that other teams are actually noticing them this year and not taking them for granted. The NL Central battle should be a great one this year! :cheer:

Rhianna
06-02-2010, 02:34 AM
Sorry, LOL :lol: We can hate the Cubs together if you want because that's something we can both enjoy all the time! :P

Hating the Cubs, I've been raised on it.

Usually no one cares about the Reds because they're in the toilet so I take it as a very good sign that other teams are actually noticing them this year and not taking them for granted. The NL Central battle should be a great one this year! :cheer:

I seriously checked the standings one day and thought I was seeing things.

lenac03
06-02-2010, 02:39 AM
Jimenez = still on fire. Look out.

Garden Kitty
06-03-2010, 02:36 AM
I wouldn't want to be an ump in Detroit right now (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100603/ap_on_sp_ba_ga_su/bba_indians_tigers;_ylt=AkFxudRxVSUOAeksGbe1PHcLMx IF;_ylu=X3oDMTJqMzZsYmh2BGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAwNjAzL2 JiYV9pbmRpYW5zX3RpZ2VycwRjcG9zAzEEcG9zAzIEc2VjA3lu X3RvcF9zdG9yeQRzbGsDZ2FsYXJyYWdhbG9z). That is all.

Aaron W
06-03-2010, 04:02 AM
I wouldn't want to be an ump in Detroit right now (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100603/ap_on_sp_ba_ga_su/bba_indians_tigers;_ylt=AkFxudRxVSUOAeksGbe1PHcLMx IF;_ylu=X3oDMTJqMzZsYmh2BGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAwNjAzL2 JiYV9pbmRpYW5zX3RpZ2VycwRjcG9zAzEEcG9zAzIEc2VjA3lu X3RvcF9zdG9yeQRzbGsDZ2FsYXJyYWdhbG9z). That is all.

It's awful. That was the final out of the game. Galarraga earned that perfect game. I think Major League Baseball should correct this terrible injustice to him.

HeatherC
06-03-2010, 04:16 AM
I cannot believe that umpire missed that call. I saw it in real time and I've never even played baseball. He was RIGHT THERE. He had the best view in the entire ballpark. HOW do you miss that call??! :yikes:

NeilJLeonard
06-03-2010, 12:20 PM
Sad...:(

NJL

Lucy25
06-03-2010, 03:59 PM
I cannot believe that umpire missed that call. I saw it in real time and I've never even played baseball. He was RIGHT THERE. He had the best view in the entire ballpark. HOW do you miss that call??! :yikes:
Was watching it live with my father. We started cheering when Galaraga caught the ball at first to get the last out. The rise and fall of emotions in a split second still makes me feel ill. It was hard sleeping last night. Galaraga was so classy about it aferwards - I adore this guy! Wow - still so hard to handle.

chipso1
06-03-2010, 04:35 PM
ANOTHER horrible call in the Twins-Mariners game! Blackburn so had the runner out at 2nd! It ended up costing the Twins the game in the 10th inning. :( Every replay I've seen has shown that the runner was out by a mile.

purple skates
06-03-2010, 05:54 PM
I hope the Tiger fans listen to Jim Leyland and leave the rotten cabbages at home.

http://www.freep.com/article/20100603/SPORTS02/100603024/1321/

I feel bad for the ump. Hopefully MLB will overturn the call, especially since the ump has said he blew it.

http://www.freep.com/article/20100603/SPORTS02/100603021/1321/

mysticchic
06-03-2010, 10:49 PM
Well the call was not over ruled. But the ump came on the field today in tears. They had Gallaarga bring out the batting line up and then gave him a brand new Coravette. The kid is a class act.

professordeb
06-04-2010, 01:48 AM
Was watching a sports talk show and they showed on screen what the commissioner said which was basically - yeah, a mistake was made but I'm not going to change it.
The host of the show, after some thinking, agreed with the commish while the other person chatting felt the call should have been overturned.
I think it should have been overturned.
That being said, very classy actions today by all involved. Well done!!!

FSfan107
06-14-2010, 03:10 AM
Crossing my fingers for Ted Lilly, who has pitched a no-hitter through 8 innings for the Cubs. The announcers just said he has never pitched this far into a game.:eek:

Edit: Darn! He gave up a hit in the 9th. Great job though and he got a great reaction from the crowd as he went to the dugout.