PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Thread 2010

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Fridge_Break
04-13-2010, 12:21 AM
Go Cubs go! Go Cubs go! Hey Chicago, what'dya say? The Cubs are gonna win today! :)

(Finally!)

professordeb
04-14-2010, 06:19 PM
I am totally blown away with what the "Cardiac Kids" aka the Blue Jays have done early in the season. One could almost become a believer ... but then again, it IS early and there's plenty of season left. I'll enjoy what's happening now with a smile.

jeffisjeff
04-18-2010, 03:52 AM
The developments in the Mets - Cardinals game have me :rofl: . So both teams wait exactly 19 innings to score a single run, taking it to a 20th at 1-1. :lol:

Of course, I probably wouldn't be so :rofl: if I'd actually sat through all 19 innings! I'd probably just be passed out from boredom. 18+ innings with no score!

milanessa
05-09-2010, 07:32 PM
Pink bats for Mother's Day. :lol:

HeatherC
05-09-2010, 07:42 PM
Pink bats for Mother's Day. :lol:

They auction them off later to help raise money for breast cancer. I don't think there's anything funny about it. It's a good thing that MLB does every year to help a great cause.

lerei
05-10-2010, 12:44 AM
Dallas Braden ftw!! And on "209" day with his grandmother in attendance! GO A'S!!!!

milanessa
05-10-2010, 04:00 PM
They auction them off later to help raise money for breast cancer. I don't think there's anything funny about it. It's a good thing that MLB does every year to help a great cause.

Huh?

professordeb
05-11-2010, 12:07 AM
Huh?
Referring to the use of pink bats.
One poster thought it was kind of a dumb idea. The response was that pink bats were being used by the players to help raise awareness about breast cancer.

While watching the Blue Jays game, I noticed pink in parts of what some of the players were wearing such as wrist bands, a pink ribbon on their shirt, pink striping on a shirt or hat.

Personally, I like the idea of raising awareness using colour. Our Jr B hockey club wore pink sweaters for one game, then auctioned them off and all proceeds went to Breast Cancer.

HeatherC
05-11-2010, 02:27 AM
Press Release regarding the pink bats and the other things MLB does for cancer awareness (http://mlb.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20100504&content_id=9783914&vkey=pr_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb)

Quotable:

In addition to promotional support, Major League Baseball Charities has committed $50,000 to Susan G. Komen for the Cure. Game-used Louisville Slugger pink bats will be auctioned off on MLB.com at a later date to raise additional funds for Susan G. Komen for the Cure. Fans can purchase their own personalized pink bat at MLB.com or www.slugger.com, with $10 from the sale of each bat benefiting Komen for the Cure

Major league baseball also does something similar on Father's Day to raise awareness and money for prostate cancer. I'm sorry if I sounded snippy in my last post (I didn't mean to be) but I know a lot of people who have either battled cancer or lost loved ones to cancer so the fact that MLB does so many things to help raise money and awareness for it matters a lot to me. I tend to forget that not everyone follows this type of thing as much as I do, LOL ;)

milanessa
05-11-2010, 02:50 AM
Referring to the use of pink bats.
One poster thought it was kind of a dumb idea. The response was that pink bats were being used by the players to help raise awareness about breast cancer.

I think the poster you're referring to was me and nowhere, no time did I say it was a dumb idea. Lighten up - using a smilie doesn't mean I was mocking them. My husband is a minor league baseball photographer and the photographer for the Florida State League so I'm well aware of the good the MLB and MiLB do.

BelleBway
05-30-2010, 02:40 AM
Wheeee, PERFECT GAME for the Phils' Roy Halladay! :cheer2: :cheer: :cheer2: I've never seen a perfect game on TV (or in person); the last time the Phillies pitched one was before I was born.

overedge
05-30-2010, 02:57 AM
The Mariners are breaking my heart this year. That is all :(

HeatherC
05-30-2010, 06:33 AM
Congrats to Doc Halladay for his perfect game today! Did anyone else happen to notice that both of the perfect games that were thrown this year were against the two teams from Florida?! :lol:

My Reds now have the second best record in all of MLB. ALL OF BASEBALL. That's insane! :eek: This year is turning out to be one of the most fun years I've had as a Reds fan in a LONG time. There's something special about the team this year and watching their games is becoming mandatory for me because I never know who's going to do the next great thing for them. No one wake me up....I want to enjoy and savor my FIRST PLACE Reds as long as humanly possible, LOL :lol: :biggrinbo

FIRST PLACE BABY! :cool:

Rhianna
06-01-2010, 03:07 AM
This year is turning out to be one of the most fun years I've had as a Reds fan in a LONG time.

Your Reds are stressing me the hell out this year. On the other hand, it's fun hating someone else aside from the Cubs.

Cloudy_Gumdrops
06-01-2010, 06:49 AM
The Angels are starting to get back on track. Yay! :cheer2:

I wasn't too worried about their poor start though. Last time they had such a bad start to the season, they ended up winning the World Series. Hope history repeats itself! :D