PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Thread 2010

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15

Lacey
10-25-2010, 01:07 AM
our $125 million cleanup hitter can't get an rbi the entire series... and takes a called 3rd strike when the season is on the line.

ya, took it looking...

AragornElessar
10-25-2010, 05:29 AM
Phillies don't deserve to make it to the world series when our $125 million cleanup hitter can't get an rbi the entire series... and takes a called 3rd strike when the season is on the line. :wall: I'm just kinda sad that Roy Halladay won't get his coveted ring.

Isn't that the truth about Ryan Howard. I don't think he had that good a Divisional Series either, did he? I can't really remember.

I am beyond sad that Doc won't be getting his Ring too. That was the main reason he asked to go to Philly too. What a shame that is. :(

W/the exception of Yankee years, we usually cheer on the winner of the ALCS, as it's where our Jays are. So...

GO RANGERS GO!!!!

Although...The Giants showing Mr. Druggie Ego they actually *can* win a World Series w/out him wouldn't bother me too much either. ;)

NeilJLeonard
10-25-2010, 02:11 PM
Woohoo Giants!!! Giants vs. Rangers--who woulda thunk it?
Like Karen-W, I would not have predicted it, either. It's gonna be a fun one, IMO. Texas hasn't won squat, ever, & the Giants haven't won a championship on TV...;)

NJL (...it doesn't matter who wins...I've no dog in this fight....both teams even have a former 2010 Marlin on the squad...:biggrinbo...)

AragornElessar
10-25-2010, 11:43 PM
And the Blue Jays new Manager is...

CBC Sports ~ Jays name John Farrell as new manager (http://www.cbc.ca/sports/baseball/story/2010/10/25/sp-jays-farrell-manager.html)

Welcome to Toronto and Good Luck to him as he takes over the reins from Cito!!!

professordeb
10-26-2010, 01:49 AM
Word around is ... MANNY wants to come and play for Farrell in Toronto.

Sports talking heads on Sportsnet suggested it might not be a bad idea, as long as he understands two things
1) that he's not going to be making $20 mil
2) that he's there as the DH and won't be playing in the outfield unless it an emergency.

Given his batting average - and it was an off year for him - was higher than any of the Jays this season and he agrees to 1 & 2 I would say "Why not?"

KHenry14
10-26-2010, 05:03 AM
Well, this Giants fan is over the moon that his team is going to the World Series. It's been eight years since our hearts were broken by the Angels and most of us are still not over the pain (five outs away!). So this is our chance for redemption.

For anyone who wants a smile, please take a look at this video a Giants fanboy put together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyVdbfyvwso

Now there is a lot of inside stuff that only Giants fans would get, but it's fun anyway.

BTW, Steve Perry is a huge Giants fan and he threatened an injunction against the LA Dodgers when they tried to use "Don't Stop Believing" as a rallying cry. Now that's a fan!! :HA!:

AragornElessar
10-28-2010, 12:12 AM
Just in time for Game 1 tonight, we now have HD available in this house!!!

We can get that, but High Speed Access for Internet? :rolleyes: That's a different topic for another thread though. Anyway...

If our dish guy Dave doesn't go after Shaw Digital for a pay raise for yesterday at the very least and Danger Pay at the very most, then he's nuts!! W/the wind we had yesterday, which was worse for us as we're on the top of a hill, we honestly do not know how he managed to just stay up there. Forget about getting the new dish up and then installed. Just managing to get up there and then stay up there...Just WOW!!

We really and truly do not know how he did that!!

GO RANGERS!!! :D

KHenry14
10-28-2010, 07:03 AM
Giants take Game 1 beating the supposedly unbeatable Cliff Lee in the process. Game 2 features Big Matt Cain for the Giants against CJ Wilson of the Rangers. Cain pitches very well at home, so I'm hopeful the team can take a 2-0 series lead going to Texas on the weekend.

AragornElessar
10-29-2010, 02:07 AM
Congratulations to Mr. Knuckleball Tim Wakefield on winning the Roberto Clemente Award this year!!

Very much well deserved!!

BigB08822
10-29-2010, 03:00 AM
A little time left, hoping the Rangers can pull a win off in SF! The score was 1-0 Giants when I last looked, so it wont take much to overtake the lead.

professordeb
10-29-2010, 04:54 AM
Ouch!! Just looked at the final score. Another shut-out for the Giants and the Rangers are down 2-0 in games

Aaron W
10-29-2010, 05:03 AM
Lovin this World Series so far! :cheer2:

skateboy
10-29-2010, 05:34 AM
Giants!!!

Karen-W
10-29-2010, 09:00 AM
Ouch!! Just looked at the final score. Another shut-out for the Giants and the Rangers are down 2-0 in games

The game was actually a lot closer than the score would indicate. The Giants only busted it apart in the bottom of the 8th. Before then it was a 2-0 game and very much within the Rangers' reach.

As it is, I'm not quite ready to agree with Ralph "The Razor" Barbieri and call this for the Giants in a sweep but unless Texas' bullpen suddenly improves, it very well could happen.

KHenry14
10-29-2010, 08:54 PM
Giants fans all remember what happened in 2002, they were five outs away from a championship and it all went away. No way we take a 2-0 lead for granted. Better to win it all as fast as you can before the Rangers figure out how to hit again.