PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Thread 2010

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Cloudy_Gumdrops
10-23-2010, 04:09 AM
Congrats to Texas on making it to the World Series for the first time. :cheer2:

Karen-W
10-23-2010, 04:23 AM
Very cool for the Rangers and Nolan Ryan. Hopefully tomorrow the Giants will join them in the 2010 World Series.

overedge
10-23-2010, 04:27 AM
Congrats to Texas on making it to the World Series for the first time. :cheer2:

Woo-hoo!!!! Suck it, Yankees!!!
<<does the happy dance>>

ryanbfan
10-23-2010, 04:39 AM
OH HELL YEAH TEXAS!!!!!!

I'm sooo stoked right now!!! <3

AragornElessar
10-23-2010, 04:50 AM
I'm sorry, but...

The last out standing between the Rangers and the World Series is A-Rod?

Seriously?

If Hollywood had written a script like that, no one would have believed it!! That made Texas going through to their first World Series even sweeter!! :D :D :D

Josh Hamilton just made me cry during his interview after being announced as ALCS MVP. I also adore how the Team was using Ginger Ale to celebrate w/due to Josh's Alcoholism. To me, that sight spoke more about that Team and how they feel about each other then anything else that could be said or shown.

So happy for Nolan Ryan, I can't even begin to express it. One of my all time favourite players is *finally* getting another shot at the World Series. Off the field of course, but...So very, very happy for him. :)

I actually think, for once, Friday Night Football in Texas won't be the lead story on the Texas Sports Pages/Front Pages of the newspapers tomorrow in the Lone Star State. :D

Congratulations Texas Rangers!!! 2010 American League CHAMPIONS!!!

NeilJLeonard
10-23-2010, 11:31 AM
Congratulations Texas Rangers!!! 2010 American League CHAMPIONS!!!

I've never heard that before...:biggrinbo

Congrats to the Rangers. Anyone that whups the Yankees is alright by me...;)

NJL

emason
10-23-2010, 08:39 PM
Anyone that whups the Yankees is alright by me...;)

NJL

Isn't that the truth - 38 years of living in NYC still has not made this New Englander a Yankees fan.

AragornElessar
10-23-2010, 10:29 PM
emason...You're a Red Sox fan in Yankee territory?

You're one brave soul. :respect:

emason
10-24-2010, 12:52 AM
emason...You're a Red Sox fan in Yankee territory?

You're one brave soul. :respect:

I keep it on the down low; I don't want to get beaten up on the subway.

ETA: However, I do always shout out Go Red Sox whenever I pass two ardent Yankees fans out in the street deep in conversation about their beloved team.

Karen-W
10-24-2010, 05:04 AM
Wahoooooo!!!!!!! Giants win!!!!!!!! So stoked!

Aaron W
10-24-2010, 05:07 AM
While I don't dislike the Phillies and was rooting for them in the post season these past two years, I'm happy for the Giants this time around. I haven't been able to root for them in the past because I've disliked Barry Bonds, but I can get behind them now that he's gone. Ultimately I was going to root for either the Giants or Phillies in the World Series as I almost always root for the NL.

Having said that, I do very much like Cliff Lee. But again, I'm almost exclusively a NL guy, so I'm all for the Giants. I wish Cliff Lee had been able to get a World Series title last year with the Phillies.

BelleBway
10-24-2010, 05:10 AM
Congrats to the Giants. You played well, and it seems like the games were all great to watch. (although I was out of the country for games 1 and 2)

Phillies don't deserve to make it to the world series when our $125 million cleanup hitter can't get an rbi the entire series... and takes a called 3rd strike when the season is on the line. :wall: I'm just kinda sad that Roy Halladay won't get his coveted ring.

skateboy
10-24-2010, 05:55 AM
Woohoo Giants!!! Giants vs. Rangers--who woulda thunk it?

Karen-W
10-24-2010, 06:01 AM
Woohoo Giants!!! Giants vs. Rangers--who woulda thunk it?

Not I, that's for sure! The Giants broke one horrible pattern tonight - finally clinched a playoff series in Game 6 or 7 on the road! Hopefully within a couple of weeks they'll have broken an even worse pattern and will have won their first World Series since coming to San Francisco!

Rob
10-24-2010, 08:43 PM
Go Giants!