PDA

View Full Version : The Fourth and Final Season of The Tudors

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

IceAlisa
05-04-2010, 05:58 AM
Ya, very sweet, docile people eh? :lol:

Serve great wine too. ;) I wish they did the Medicis and the Valois too.

Twilight1
05-04-2010, 06:04 AM
Yes. It is drop dead good!! :lol:

I love period pieces, esp from the Renaissance. I did a lot of reading after hearing about the Borgia's and the Medici's and Valois' are families I want to read more about.

IceAlisa
05-04-2010, 06:29 AM
I've read more about the Medici's and the Valois and less about the Borgias. I am curious to see what they will make of the series.

Yehudi
05-04-2010, 01:12 PM
It's scheduled to air some time in 2011, but I don't think it has even started production. So far, the only cast mentioned is Jeremy Irons as Rodrigo, Colm Feore as Giuliano Della Rovere and a French Canadian actor I'd never heard of (Francois Arnaud) as Cesare.

AragornElessar
05-08-2010, 10:13 PM
I don't know anything about the Borgias, which considering what a History nut I am, is a bit of a disgrace on my part. ;) I'll have to do some reading on them. Having said that though, if Jeremy Irons and Colm Feore are a part of this, then I really hope the CBC's a production partner again, because I'll want to see this. :D

All the reading/research on the Borgias will have to be after the two books on the Romanovs and Gregory's The Other Queen I picked up last weekend in Toronto are finished though. I started The Last Days of the Romanovs on the train the other night and have been having a tough time putting it down.

Anyway...What's happened so far on The Tudors? In spoiler mode of course. :) Pretty Please? :)

Lanie
05-09-2010, 04:14 AM
If you want a fantastic book about the Romanovs, check out Greg King and Penny Wilson's book. I'm awful and forget the title but it was great at shattering the rose-colored glasses image of this perfect, angelic, saintly family myth.

To be honest the only thing I remember about last week's episode was

Charles Brandon reciting Henry Howard's poetry. Oh my God. SWOON.

MOIJTO
05-09-2010, 01:27 PM
I just keep wishing to see Henry Cavill more! The liasion between Kathryn and Thomas is getting old to me already, but I think that JRM is really projecting the regrets that some middle age men have and his attempts at trying to rectify those decisions. I will say its better than last season.

Wyliefan
05-09-2010, 08:55 PM
Jeremy Irons is playing a Borgia? That may be the most perfect casting in the history of movies. :)

dbell1
05-09-2010, 11:32 PM
Yes true about JRM being totally wrong for the King, but given the amount of flesh being shown, a fat King isn't what I wanna see! Sorry authenticity on TV is an illusion and I for one am grateful that the producers decided on the story lines being close to accurate and not the actors!

:rofl: You think these story lines are accurate? Seriously? Henry's missing a sister, Elizabeth is about 6 at the time of the Kat Howard years, as opposed to the teen with crimped hair playing her, Brandon's wife didn't leave him... This is like a Disney remake of the Henry VIII years. I'm waiting for a 7th wife to show up.

Yehudi
05-10-2010, 11:24 AM
Maybe if the producers waited a year, they could have gotten their fat Henry

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2010/05/09/jonathan-rhys-meyers-belly/

MOIJTO
05-10-2010, 12:42 PM
:rofl: You think these story lines are accurate? Seriously? Henry's missing a sister, Elizabeth is about 6 at the time of the Kat Howard years, as opposed to the teen with crimped hair playing her, Brandon's wife didn't leave him... This is like a Disney remake of the Henry VIII years. I'm waiting for a 7th wife to show up.

Haha! Well at least they get the wife count right :shuffle: no, I am well aware this is a "hollywoodish" view of things. NO, Brandon's wife didn't leave him, if you listened in the first or second episode he refers to her still around.

MOIJTO
05-10-2010, 12:44 PM
Maybe if the producers waited a year, they could have gotten their fat Henry

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2010/05/09/jonathan-rhys-meyers-belly/

That isn't fat, thats pints and tacos! ;)

Lanie
05-10-2010, 05:55 PM
Haha! Well at least they get the wife count right :shuffle: no, I am well aware this is a "hollywoodish" view of things. NO, Brandon's wife didn't leave him, if you listened in the first or second episode he refers to her still around.

Yes, in the show, they have her leave him. They are still married but she hates him, apparently, so they never see each other, blah-blah. :wall:

Yehudi
05-17-2010, 03:25 AM
At this point, the age discrepancies and timelines are all out of whack. Catherine Parr is supposed to be 20 years younger than Henry but is played by a woman 13 years older than JRM. And they have Mary and Elizabeth being restored to the line of succession before Henry marries Catherine Parr (ignoring the influence she had on fully reconciling Henry to his children).

olympic
06-14-2010, 04:57 PM
Bump.

Series Finale is next week.

Question about Mary in the show last night- they portray her growing embittered, frustrated and angry. I wonder if this accurate.