PDA

View Full Version : Finnish skating news, part II

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

Loves_Shizuka
03-29-2013, 07:25 AM
:cheer: Kiira. What a shame we won't be seeing her lovely LP again (I presume)

I really wish we shall got Worlds soon! If that happens, I surely welcome all the FSUers here and am willing to help everyone as much as I can

Aww thank you. I might be holding you to that! :D

Finnice
03-29-2013, 09:21 AM
:cheer: Kiira. What a shame we won't be seeing her lovely LP again (I presume)
Aww thank you. I might be holding you to that! :D

Please, do!
:cheer: Kiira!!!!

Hanna
05-07-2013, 03:12 PM
National Team has been announced (way to go, fed... :cheer: I remember a couple of years ago they didn't bother publishing it before August but they've stepped up things since)

Liubov Efimenko LTL
Nelma Hede EsJt
Kiira Korpi TapTL
Rosaliina Kuparinen LTL
Julian Lagus JTL
Alisa Mikonsaari LrTL
Lyydia Määttänen TapTL
Emma Niemi TTK
Tino Olenius TapTL
Beata Papp Hermes
Bela Papp Hermes
Emmi Peltonen EsJt
Juho Pirinen LrTL
Seidi Rantanen EsJt
Jenni Saarinen TapTL
Juulia Turkkila HL
Matthias Versluis EsJt
Nea Viiri EsJt
Valtter Virtanen KeLS
Viktor Zubik HSK

http://www.stll.fi/?x2126=3559158

No surprises, really. In fact, it's pretty much exactly what I expected it to be.

Can't wait to see the young guns next season! :cheer2: Especially Emmi Peltonen, she blew me away this last season with how much she had developed and especially her artistry. I think she's probably the most talented (total package) skater we've had since Jenni Vähämaa. :kickass: Hoping everyone stays injury free and has great summer training!

Kelvster
05-07-2013, 03:27 PM
National Team has been announced (way to go, fed... :cheer: I remember a couple of years ago they didn't bother publishing it before August but they've stepped up things since)

Liubov Efimenko LTL
Nelma Hede EsJt
Kiira Korpi TapTL
Rosaliina Kuparinen LTL
Julian Lagus JTL
Alisa Mikonsaari LrTL
Lyydia Määttänen TapTL
Emma Niemi TTK
Tino Olenius TapTL
Beata Papp Hermes
Bela Papp Hermes
Emmi Peltonen EsJt
Juho Pirinen LrTL
Seidi Rantanen EsJt
Jenni Saarinen TapTL
Juulia Turkkila HL
Matthias Versluis EsJt
Nea Viiri EsJt
Valtter Virtanen KeLS
Viktor Zubik HSK

http://www.stll.fi/?x2126=3559158

No surprises, really. In fact, it's pretty much exactly what I expected it to be.

Can't wait to see the young guns next season! :cheer2: Especially Emmi Peltonen, she blew me away this last season with how much she had developed and especially her artistry. I think she's probably the most talented (total package) skater we've had since Jenni Vähämaa. :kickass: Hoping everyone stays injury free and has great summer training!

Thanks! Is cecilia torn still skating? Shes a lovely skater (but a total headcase i know)

Miss the finnish skaters like susanna poykio, laura lepisto, jenni vahama and even mikko minkinnen so much! These days i am so put off by skaters who do cluncky scratchy x overs. They should all go to finland and learn about the concept of "soft blade"

ioana
05-07-2013, 06:18 PM
Yay, Kuparinen on the National team :cheer2:! Am hoping she manages to stay relatively injury-free this season. Really enjoyed watching her at Nordics last year and she actually attempted harder triples, in addition to having excellent basics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-hTIKNnChw

joeperryfan
05-07-2013, 06:49 PM
Thanks! Is cecilia torn still skating? Shes a lovely skater (but a total headcase i know)

Yes, she is still skating, she was injured for a while and restarted a few weeks ago, she also mentioned on Twitter that she was trying ice-dance boots for the first time so I wonder if she switched disciplines... i asked but had no answer.

Hanna
05-07-2013, 10:12 PM
Yes, she is still skating, she was injured for a while and restarted a few weeks ago, she also mentioned on Twitter that she was trying ice-dance boots for the first time so I wonder if she switched disciplines... i asked but had no answer.

That's interesting! She has gorgeous basics (the best part about her skating) so she'd probably make a lovely ice dancer. :) Hopefully she can find a partner (or already has one) if she wants to try that out.

Finnice
05-08-2013, 09:50 AM
I agree that Cecilia Törn would be a great ice dancer! I so want to see her back on the ice.
Jussiville Partanen has had some tryouts with at least two different ladies, so let´s see.

:sekret: told that Jeffrey Buttle is choreographing the SP for Kiira Korpi.

ETA: Kelvster, Mikko Minkkinen has now doctorated in mediacal science and is apparently making a great career as a scientist. Thank you for remembering him, he was a somewhat erratic skater, but often also a joy to watch.

spikydurian
05-08-2013, 10:48 AM
:sekret: told that Jeffrey Buttle is choreographing the SP for Kiira Korpi.:cheer:

Kelvster
05-08-2013, 11:10 AM
I agree that Cecilia Törn would be a great ice dancer! I so want to see her back on the ice.
Jussiville Partanen has had some tryouts with at least two different ladies, so let´s see.

:sekret: told that Jeffrey Buttle is choreographing the SP for Kiira Korpi.

ETA: Kelvster, Mikko Minkkinen has now doctorated in mediacal science and is apparently making a great career as a scientist. Thank you for remembering him, he was a somewhat erratic skater, but often also a joy to watch.

Oh, good to hear! What a smart cookie.

I liked his Depche Mode free programme, the year he won Finnish Nationals and went on to Euros and Worlds ;) He, like a lot of skaters from Finland, was silky smooth on the ice ... too bad we never saw more of him.

If you have news of Susanna Poykio, please let me know as well :)

seabm7
05-08-2013, 01:59 PM
It seems that this news article talks about Korpi's new program, according to Google translation. Would it be her SP or LP?

http://www.aamulehti.fi/Kulttuuri/1194812039602/artikkeli/kiira+korpi+innostui+heikki+kovalaisen+ehdotuksest a+voisi+olla+taydellista+.html

Hanna
05-08-2013, 07:32 PM
It seems that this news article talks about Korpi's new program, according to Google translation. Would it be her SP or LP?

http://www.aamulehti.fi/Kulttuuri/1194812039602/artikkeli/kiira+korpi+innostui+heikki+kovalaisen+ehdotuksest a+voisi+olla+taydellista+.html

It says that she's trying to find music for her SP, which will apparently be choreographed by Buttle like Finnice said. Kiira was asking for suggestions on Twitter a couple of days ago.

The article also mentions that Imaginaerum by Nightwish could be a choice for a new exhibition.

seabm7
05-08-2013, 11:34 PM
The article also mentions that Imaginaerum by Nightwish could be a choice for a new exhibition.

Thank you!

Marco
05-09-2013, 05:33 AM
Korpi should skate to "Fever". This is just my personal wish though. :P

Finnice
05-09-2013, 09:52 AM
Korpi should skate to "Fever". This is just my personal wish though. :P

Would you get fever if she skated to it?;)
She mentioned earlier that it would be great to skate to Sibelius in the Olympic season, but I guess it is not very easy to find a piece with suitable length, other than Valse Triste.