PDA

View Full Version : Finnish skating news, part II

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

allezfred
09-27-2011, 04:59 PM
After seeing his SP at Nebelhorn, I've started calling Ari-Pekka Nurmenkari ARihanna-Pekka Nurmenkari. ;)

Hanna
09-27-2011, 07:37 PM
After seeing his SP at Nebelhorn, I've started calling Ari-Pekka Nurmenkari ARihanna-Pekka Nurmenkari. ;)

Seriously? No way. :scream: Short or free?

allezfred
09-27-2011, 08:54 PM
Seriously? No way. :scream: Short or free?

As my post said, his short. ;)

It's to an instrumental version of "Love The Way You Lie".

Hanna
09-27-2011, 09:12 PM
As my post said, his short. ;)

It's to an instrumental version of "Love The Way You Lie".
:o :duh: :o :duh: Apparently I was so shocked by what I read that I forgot everything before the comma. :o :duh:

Anyway, :scream:!

shan
09-27-2011, 09:32 PM

I want to see this SP! Will he be on the GP this fall? :watch:

Ziggy
09-28-2011, 01:38 AM

With the cuts to the number of entries? No way.

SamuraiK
09-28-2011, 01:45 AM
With the cuts to the number of entries? No way.

Even without the cut of entries he wouldn't make it this season and frankly wouldnt deserve it either. But still... GO Ari-Pekka! :kickass: and become the male Gizmo if you want :D

kwanfan1818
09-28-2011, 01:56 AM
He wasn't top 75 last season in an ISU event to be considered for a GP. The only way he would be -- at the bottom of the alternates list -- is if he were to win a fall Senior B and make the GP minimum total score. He missed GP minimum by quite a bit in the three senior B's in which he competed last season: Nordics, Ice Challenge, and Finlandia.

If he can earn a spot on FIN team for Euros and/or Worlds, he has met the TES minimums for championships (20 for SP, 35 for FS) at Nebelhorn (and very possibly at his competitions last season).

Finnice
09-28-2011, 06:13 AM

He won´t even be in Finlandia Trophy. As for he becoming male Gizmo, at least his hair colour is always blonde.

Kiira Korpi will have a press conference on Friday. I am off to France and computerless, but maybe some other Finn (Hanna?) will pass the information to FSU.

joeperryfan
09-28-2011, 10:05 AM
... at least his hair colour is always blonde.

Thank God for that :lol: I'd be sad if he didn't.

I know this is the finnish thread but since there isn't a swedish one I'll ask here in hopes someone knows this. I'm trying to figure out the swedish skating levels, I translate them on my site unless there isn't a possible translation.
They have SM, JSM, USM and RM, I'm translating them as senior, junior, novice and juvenile, is this correct? Any suggestions?

Thanks ;)

Hanna
09-28-2011, 10:49 AM
Kiira Korpi will have a press conference on Friday. I am off to France and computerless, but maybe some other Finn (Hanna?) will pass the information to FSU.

Don't tell me it's "I'm injured and have to withdraw from the Finlandia Trophy"? :scream: :( I seriously hope not.

They have SM, JSM, USM and RM, I'm translating them as senior, junior, novice and juvenile, is this correct? Any suggestions?

I'm not 100% sure but I think you're right. Although I'm not even sure what "juvenile" is since Finland (and I think mosts of Europe) uses debytants, springs, cubs and chicks (instead of all those pre-novice, juvenile, intermediate and what else :lol: in the US).

But yeah, the first two are definitely senior and junior. U stands for "ungdom" = youth, which I think is novice in this case. RM is apparently also a category with both a short and a free so I'm not really sure about that though. In Finland the next after novice is debytants, which only has a free skate.

IceIceBaby
09-28-2011, 11:10 AM
Don't tell me it's "I'm injured and have to withdraw from the Finlandia Trophy"? :scream: :( I seriously hope not.

What other reasons she would have to organize a press conference a week before Finlandia Trophy? :(

allezfred
09-28-2011, 11:16 AM
What other reasons she would have to organize a press conference a week before Finlandia Trophy? :(

It's a week before Finlandia Trophy and she wants to promote the fact that she will be there?

Hanna
09-28-2011, 11:27 AM
I know. :(

It's a week before Finlandia Trophy and she wants to promote the fact that she will be there?

Well, possibly. But then again she's never done that before. :confused: I don't know why but it just doesn't feel like this would be the case. I hope you're right though!

But if you add the fact that she already withdrew from the Japan Open due to leg pain... :shuffle:

ETA: Another thing re: Kiira. I was just randomly reading her Wikipedia page and it says that her SP for the upcoming season is Carmina Burana hip hop version? WTF? From what I know she's keeping last year's? :confused: Is somebody joking?

kaiski
09-28-2011, 01:20 PM
Kiira's SP will be the same, Somewhere over the Rainbow.
Her new FP is I got Rhythm.
Both She-Lynn Bourne's.