PDA

View Full Version : Finnish skating news, part II

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

Kati
11-24-2010, 06:02 PM
Some photos of Laura (http://tikkurilantaitoluisteluklubi.sporttisaitti.com/yksinluistelu/ryhmat/) (visiting Tikkurila Figure Skating Club), on ice on the 13th of Nov.

Thanks for sharing! Hope we will see her skating in competitions soon!

Ziggy
11-24-2010, 10:02 PM
Regardless of this rule, I think Bela should have been given one B-International in order to get some international Senior experience. Even if he wasn't going to Euros.

MikiAndoFan#1
11-24-2010, 10:28 PM
Some photos of Laura (http://tikkurilantaitoluisteluklubi.sporttisaitti.com/yksinluistelu/ryhmat/) (visiting Tikkurila Figure Skating Club), on ice on the 13th of Nov.

Thanks for sharing!

:)

Can she get any prettier?

:swoon:

sk8gr8h8
11-25-2010, 03:07 AM
Thanks for sharing the photos! Laura looks great.. I'm so looking forward to seeing her at Nationals already!

Starskate2
11-25-2010, 06:20 AM
Regardless of this rule, I think Bela should have been given one B-International in order to get some international Senior experience. Even if he wasn't going to Euros.

Well, my opinion is that Bela has a lot of international experience. He has been at the jr. worlds the last 3 years. He was the youngest ever at the jr. worlds and he was only 13 years old. The level at the jr. worlds is allmost the same as it is in European Championships so i truely think the experience is not the major issue here:rolleyes:

Starskate2
11-25-2010, 06:23 AM
Well, my opinion is that Bela has a lot of international experience. He has been at the jr. worlds the last 3 years. He was the youngest ever at the jr. worlds and he was only 13 years old. The level at the jr. worlds is allmost the same as it is in European Championships so i truely think the experience is not the major issue here:rolleyes:

If they want they can send him:)But there is still one more competition and AP is going to be tought also Valtteri and who knows what Victor is going to say to this...but Bela has pretty good lead and he should at least get the jr.worlds by his Joensuu show already:)

Northeagle
11-25-2010, 10:07 AM
Laura appears in a good shape, it's true: I hope she's got through all her problems, her season could change by Nationals, Euros and Worlds.

Yukari Lepisto
11-25-2010, 12:11 PM
In this picture http://tikkurilantaitoluisteluklubi.sporttisaitti.com/@Bin/172769/DSC_4883.jpeg
Laura's legs look so thin. I hope she is eating ok.

Hanna
11-25-2010, 08:04 PM
I agree with you that getting more experience never hurts. But somehow I doubt it's the FFSA who didn't give him a B-international. My guess is he didn't even ask for one (probably because of logistics). If not, then why are there are some other Finnish senior men with much less merit getting B-internationals?
But this is just what I think, I'm really not sure.

Thanks for the pics. :) I also randomly ran into Laura and her sis yesterday at the Kaisaniemi metro station. Very :glamor: as always. :)

Ziggy
11-26-2010, 03:09 PM

He doesn't have senior experience and senior programs are different from junior programs.

You are also marked differently on the PCS, because you are held to a different standard.

So doing at least one senior competition would be a good idea, I think.

As Hanna says, maybe logistics were the case (travelling to Europe must be extremely expensive for him and there are no international competitions in NA).

It would be a shame if he won the Euro spot but couldn't go because he didn't do any senior events... Although I guess the federation would bend the rules then?

Loves_Shizuka
11-28-2010, 10:10 AM
So excited by Kiira's success in Paris. :D Even though I prefer her music choices from last season, her actual skating seems to have moved up a level (or is it just me?)

Hope Laura is doing well. :)

rhumba
11-28-2010, 04:50 PM
It amazed me that for such a small country has many talents (and beauties):)

victoriaheidi
11-28-2010, 05:08 PM
So excited by Kiira's success in Paris. :D Even though I prefer her music choices from last season, her actual skating seems to have moved up a level (or is it just me?)

She really looked amazing at TEB (skating-wise, I mean, but of course, since this is Kiira Korpi, looks-wise, too!).

And I love her music choices this year, too.

Nekatiivi
11-28-2010, 05:37 PM
Nice to hear some good feedback on Kiira too. :) I think she is very hard-working girl, just think about how much her spins have improved during her career!

Loves_Shizuka
11-28-2010, 07:45 PM
^Her spins are definitely better, but everything about her seems stronger this year. She's faster, and before I used to think she had occasional awkward moments with her arms/upper body/posture, but I haven't noticed that so much this year. I'm really excited about her Euros/Worlds prospects.