PDA

View Full Version : Finnish skating news, part II

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59

Ziggy
11-03-2010, 10:52 AM
Thanks Kati.

Kati
11-03-2010, 04:06 PM
Thanks Kati.

You are welcome Ziggy! :)

Hanna
11-14-2010, 06:30 PM
I thought I'd post the current situation regarding the 3rd Euro spot.
At the moment Cecilia, Juulia and Alisa have all met the requirement of at least one international senior competition (Juulia skated at the Ice Challenge in Austria this weekend and did pretty well - total score of 118.72) so now they will just have to skate at Nationals.

Beata's situation is trickier because of her injury. She still has to participate in an international senior B (she's currently scheduled for NRW Trophy in Dortmund in the beginning of December) plus come to Nationals. And since she's not taking part in either of the qualifiers she can't skate senior at Nationals (she can skate junior because she's a medalist from that exact category from last year). And not being able to skate as a senior at Nationals will potentially equal giving up a few points.

So the SBs are

Cecilia Törn 135.77 (1st qualification, senior)
Juulia Turkkila 125.03 (1st qualification, junior)
Alisa Mikonsaari 104.98 (Tikkurila Trophy, senior)
Beata Papp -

BTW those of you who remember Laima Krasnitskaja - apparently she's doing ice dance now? Very cool. :cheer: She's skating with Jussiville Partanen of Tappara next week in Joensuu (at the 2nd Nats qualifier).

MikiAndoFan#1
11-14-2010, 06:41 PM
Thanks, Hanna! Your updates are always appreciated!

:cheer:

maija
11-14-2010, 07:02 PM
Beata's situation is trickier because of her injury. She still has to participate in an international senior B (she's currently scheduled for NRW Trophy in Dortmund in the beginning of December) plus come to Nationals. And since she's not taking part in either of the qualifiers she can't skate senior at Nationals (she can skate junior because she's a medalist from that exact category from last year). And not being able to skate as a senior at Nationals will potentially equal giving up a few points.

I think I have seen somewhere that there is a decision that both Beata and Bela can compete in Seniors in the Nationals even if they don't do a qualification competition. I can't find it now so I am not 100 % sure.

Hanna
11-15-2010, 09:44 PM
I think I have seen somewhere that there is a decision that both Beata and Bela can compete in Seniors in the Nationals even if they don't do a qualification competition. I can't find it now so I am not 100 % sure.
Really? OK then. I reckoned that wouldn't be the case because Bela is apparently coming to the 2nd qualifier next weekend (and if he's got a bye for the senior category at Nats he wouldn't have to make that extra trip to Joensuu). But I believe you. :)

Ziggy
11-15-2010, 11:36 PM
It's silly not to give Papp a buy to Senior Nats based on her results, I think there should be more flexibility in the rules. Hopefully Maija is right.

maija
11-16-2010, 09:05 AM

I found it (in Finnish):
" Suomen Taitoluisteluliiton Liittohallituksen päätöksellä Beata Papp ja Bela Papp on nimetty suoraan SM-kilpailujen SM-sarjaan. Tämä tarkoittaa, että 2. valintakilpailusta pääsee ko. sarjasta (seniorinaiset ja -miehet) 1 vähemmän SM-kilpailuihin. Päätös noudattaa Sääntökirja 21 kohtaa 3.1. "

Finnice
11-17-2010, 07:03 AM
^
So the board of FFSA has decided that Bela and Beata can compete in the Finnish Nats without doing a qualifier? I would call that an ecological decision (they don´t have to fly Canada-Finland-Canada etc.) and also the right decision, because our seniors are not so crowded that tehy would take someone´s place.

But if one of them makes it to the Europeans, there will surely be lots of :argue: of giving bye to them. Oh the good old Finnish Nats, always full of :drama:

maija
11-17-2010, 08:15 AM
^
So the board of FFSA has decided that Bela and Beata can compete in the Finnish Nats without doing a qualifier? I would call that an ecological decision (they don´t have to fly Canada-Finland-Canada etc.) and also the right decision, because our seniors are not so crowded that tehy would take someone´s place.

But if one of them makes it to the Europeans, there will surely be lots of :argue: of giving bye to them. Oh the good old Finnish Nats, always full of :drama:

I think the decision is fair, because
- as last years Junior medallists they both had a bye to the Nationals in Juniors
- there are so few skaters in Senior Ladies and Senior Men that all the participants in the qualification competitions get a bye to the Nationals
- it is very expensive to fly from Canada to eastern Finland just to be present in a competition (very expensive to the family).

In fact as far as I know Bela is already in Finland and will compete in the qualification competition next weekend. Beata is in Canada.

Evilynn
11-17-2010, 12:05 PM
BTW those of you who remember Laima Krasnitskaja - apparently she's doing ice dance now? Very cool. :cheer: She's skating with Jussiville Partanen of Tappara next week in Joensuu (at the 2nd Nats qualifier).

Finnish ice dance! :cheer2: I'd love to see more Nordic ice dancers in general. :)

Hanna
11-18-2010, 08:32 PM
In fact as far as I know Bela is already in Finland and will compete in the qualification competition next weekend. Beata is in Canada.
Bela probably wants another chance at getting a good total score. National competitions are the best bet.
Beata probably would have come too but I wonder if her injury is still not completely healed.

Starskate2
11-19-2010, 02:31 AM
Bela probably wants another chance at getting a good total score. National competitions are the best bet.
Beata probably would have come too but I wonder if her injury is still not completely healed.

Bela is in Finland but his suitcase is in London:(poor boy comes all the way to compete and now nobody knows if he will get his skate on time.Bela probably just wants to get points by coming to Finland!Beata is getting better and goes to Germany but she is still far from her best condition!she is a great competitio so let's hope she has enough time to recover before the nationals!

Starskate2
11-19-2010, 04:56 AM
Bela is in Finland but his suitcase is in London:(poor boy comes all the way to compete and now nobody knows if he will get his skate on time.Bela probably just wants to get points by coming to Finland!Beata is getting better and goes to Germany but she is still far from her best condition!she is a great competitio so let's hope she has enough time to recover before the nationals!

BTW i just heard that Laura started skating this saturday....Lets hope she will recover before the Europeans

Finnice
11-19-2010, 08:57 AM

Poor Bela!:( It is sooo frustrating that the skaters can´t take their skates to the plane. I know they are lethal weapons in the wrong hands, but still...